will we see Suarez in our first match? (Answer: No.)

offix

Yeah, the "as long as the team qualifies" refers to QF/SF/Final or 3rd/4th Place match, then "subsequent official matches" means Uruguay internationals.

If they're not out trying to arrange 8 friendlies for the "senior side" in July they're not the cynical cheats I think they are.

Friendlies aren't official matches, only FIFA sanctionned tournaments count for that, in their case WC,Copa America and at a stretch Confederation's Cup.

He'll miss all the Copa America fixtures, don't know how that's organised and probably one or 2 2018 WC qualifiers.

That's ****ing hilarious, no doubt they'll be a minute silence in self pity city.

Well, some of the quotes on that Liverpool forum are utterly hilarious. As you'd expect, full of self pity and an expectation that they should be somehow beyond the law. I'll never forget their fans booing Patrice Evra for having the sheer audacity to get racially abused. If Suarez played for any other club, the fans would be united in condemning him for being a complete tool and letting the whole club down; but no, not Liverpool.

"Unfair. Totally unfair. Poor luis"

"It'll be reduced on appeal. Has to be. LFC won't stand for it"

"The lad needs help not (just) punishment. There is no reason why Liverpool should suffer"

"We'll appeal and win"

"Liverpool punished for something totally unrelated to them. Why am I not surprised?"

"Poor Liverpool."

But there's one guy on there who actually gets it. Can't be a proper Scouser, must be some plastic from Ilfracombe

"Good. Maybe it will finally cause Suarez to get the help he needs & our supporters to stop defending him until he truly changes. We should be furious at Suarez no one else."

Well, some of the quotes on that Liverpool forum are utterly hilarious. As you'd expect, full of self pity and an expectation that they should be somehow beyond the law. I'll never forget their fans booing Patrice Evra for having the sheer audacity to get racially abused. If Suarez played for any other club, the fans would be united in condemning him for being a complete tool and letting the whole club down; but no, not Liverpool.

"The lad needs help not (just) punishment. There is no reason why Liverpool should suffer"

"We'll appeal and win"

"Liverpool punished for something totally unrelated to them. Why am I not surprised?"

"Poor Liverpool."

But there's one guy on there who actually gets it. Can't be a proper Scouser, must be some plastic from Ilfracombe

"Good. Maybe it will finally cause Suarez to get the help he needs & our supporters to stop defending him until he truly changes. We should be furious at Suarez no one else."

In fact the fact that he'd miss 10 or so Liverpool games will help them digest him being sold to Barca for a relatively low fee which will ease Liverpool's FFP problems.

So banned from all football activity for 4 months? Does that include training with coaches at Liverpool? If so he's out for longer surely...
"The player Luis Suarez is banned from taking part in any kind of football-related activity (administrative, sports or any other) for a period of four months."

I'd take that as a yes.

"We'll appeal and win"

"Poor Liverpool."

Very very selective quotes. There's plenty saying get rid or he's let the club down. There would be exactly the same % of morons on here sticking up for our best player if he did the same thing. Why do people on here seem to think we're somehow superior to people from Liverpool? I've met as many twts in Southampton as I've met in Liverpool.

Very very selective quotes. There's plenty saying get rid or he's let the club down. There would be exactly the same % of morons on here sticking up for our best player if he did the same thing. Why do people on here seem to think we're somehow superior to people from Liverpool? I've met as many twts in Southampton as I've met in Liverpool.

I did start that post by saying, "some of the quotes on that Liverpool forum are utterly hilarious." I'm not claiming every Liverpool fan is like that, although that lot was copied from barely 1 page.

I don't think we are superior to people from Liverpool, it's the belief amongst some of their fans that they are somehow special and that they are the victims in all of this. When Ferdinand got banned, Man Utd and England both suffered. We suffered when Prutton got banned. United suffered when Cantona got banned, Chelsea with Adrian Mutu, etc. etc. None of that was the clubs fault and yet a significant proportion of Liverpool fans seem to think they are being victimised here.

So, banned for four months... presumably he'll still be raking in the cash whilst he's sat at home? His fine of £65,400 is pathetic, he earns that in two and a bit days.

Can't imagine Liverpool will want to pay him during that time.

As i said earlier, I feel that this is to engineer a move.

Ajax - bite = move to Liverpool

Liverpool vs Chelsea - bite = tried to move to Madrid but didn't come off.

This last one and talk about a move to Barca.......coincidence? Maybe.

I did start that post by saying, "some of the quotes on that Liverpool forum are utterly hilarious." I'm not claiming every Liverpool fan is like that, although that lot was copied from barely 1 page.

I don't think we are superior to people from Liverpool, it's the belief amongst some of their fans that they are somehow special and that they are the victims in all of this. When Ferdinand got banned, Man Utd and England both suffered. We suffered when Prutton got banned. United suffered when Cantona got banned, Chelsea with Adrian Mutu, etc. etc. None of that was the clubs fault and yet a significant proportion of Liverpool fans seem to think they are being victimised here.

All the cases you mention happened whilst the player was representing his club. If Gaston gets a ban for an incident in Uruguay's next match, and that ban extends to saints games. Do you not think there will be many posters on here complaining about the unfairness of it? What if Morgan pushes the ref over ala d'cannio in the french game and is banned for 8 saints games, do you really think everybody on here will say " fair enough". Supporters are the same the country over, most are one eyed and will forgive their stars anything. Don't forget one of our greatest has admitted to spot fixing,but no saints fan really cares, whereas had glen Johnson admitted such a thing, our posters would want him banned from England teams for life. All football supporters are the same, Liverpool's aren't any different than any other clubs

All the cases you mention happened whilst the player was representing his club. If Gaston gets a ban for an incident in Uruguay's next match, and that ban extends to saints games. Do you not think there will be many posters on here complaining about the unfairness of it? What if Morgan pushes the ref over ala d'cannio in the french game and is banned for 8 saints games, do you really think everybody on here will say " fair enough". Supporters are the same the country over, most are one eyed and will forgive their stars anything. Don't forget one of our greatest has admitted to spot fixing,but no saints fan really cares, whereas had glen Johnson admitted such a thing, our posters would want him banned from England teams for life. All football supporters are the same, Liverpool's aren't any different than any other clubs

I'd like Johnson banned regardless.

Uruguay to appeal the ban according to the beeb . They don't think he has done anything wrong .

Bloody arrogant of them

Absolutely right, if Liverpool keep him then when we play them at St Marys the club should free issue those joke shop false teeth to all saints fans, the ones that you wind up and go up and down in a biting action,just to wind the little sxxt up.

I agree with you, but I think it's slightly different in Suarez case.

If Morgan or Gaston did something I'd feel hard done by as it would be their first offence, Suarez has bitten THREE Players!

I think it's more comparable to The Osvaldo incident, we knew he had previous and once he re offended we had no sympathy for him.

Liverpool fans should blame Suarez and no one else, he's let them down badly after they've stood by him time and again