Dusan Tadic - DONE DEAL, official and everything

S-Clarke

All the coaches get all their medals out and put them on the table. MLG comes and a reals them all off. At the end Keoman says "this is what you could win if you signed for Barcelona or Liverpool. However they don't want you yet. Now put pen to paper and put yourself in the biggest shop window in the world."

All the coaches get all their medals out and put them on the table. MLG comes and a reals them all off. At the end Keoman says "this is what you could win if you signed for Barcelona or Liverpool. However they don't want you yet. Now put pen to paper and put yourself in the biggest shop window in the world."

LOL. That is both sad and laughably true!

As disapointing as it is, when weren't we a shop window?

On the plus side, having the glass window smashed and be thrown in the back of van speeding up the M3, it would mean that we and the player in question next time have continued to belie those quick to write us off.

Enbrace the breeding ground for other clubs' latest multi-million pound transfer and continue to look down at Newcastle, West Ham etc with an air of smugness.

COYS!

I doubt it he's been playing in Holland, who are part of Europe, if he's ok there, then he should be ok here. Or am I wrong?

He's a Serbian national though and they're not an EU member presently. Depends how long he's been in Holland, might have been able to apply for a Dutch passport.

Enbrace the breeding ground for other clubs' latest multi-million pound transfer and continue to look down at Newcastle, West Ham etc with an air of smugness. COYS!

Well, there are some grounds for satisfaction then! It's a pity Portsmouth aren't worth bothering about any more, but West Ham will do. I'd prefer Spurs though: hope springs eternal..

Echo saying this morning that both Tadic and Pelle deals are edging close and club want to wrap them up early next week.

Let's hope so. We need to get players in pronto to give Koeman best chance of gelling team together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glacial drift is faster than this

Looks ok I guess, I wouldn't say he looks as good as Lallana though.

Not as good, no, in that short video he looks better! Haha

My biggest concern with him is that he looks like he is capable of more tricks than the Cruyff turn but can he even do a Cruyff turn? I am saving my judgment on him though as I am yet to see if he can play with his hair as well as Lallana did.

Not as good, no, in that short video he looks better! Haha

My biggest concern with him is that he looks like he is capable of more tricks than the Cruyff turn but can he even do a Cruyff turn? I am saving my judgment on him though as I am yet to see if he can play with his hair as well as Lallana did.

No he doesn't. Now go and watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHWhEltL6iI

I can't stand Lallana and couldn't even when he was here, be he looks a fair bit better comparing the two beside each other. The Eridivise really does look like a bloody awful league as well, it's so slow.

No he doesn't. Now go and watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHWhEltL6iI

I can't stand Lallana and couldn't even when he was here, be he looks a fair bit better comparing the two beside each other. The Eridivise really does look like a bloody awful league as well, it's so slow.

From all I have seen of both of them, I think they are around the same sort of level to be honest. They will obviously both have a few strenghts and weaknessess that the other doesn't, like Lallana looks better when bringing the ball under control but Tadíc looks better when running with it. Neither look to be that fast but as I said, I think they both look about a similar standard.

I think Lallana has had one great season that has lead people to forget how average he looked the year before (to the point where some were beginning to note that we looked better without him) and how he didn't actually set the lower leagues on fire before that. Tadíc looks to be a player playing well above the standard of league that he finds himself in, I reckon he'd step up to the Premier League well, and would at least look better than Lallana did in his first top flight season.

From all I have seen of both of them, I think they are around the same sort of level to be honest. They will obviously both have a few strenghts and weaknessess that the other doesn't, like Lallana looks better when bringing the ball under control but Tadíc looks better when running with it. Neither look to be that fast but as I said, I think they both look about a similar standard.

I think Lallana has had one great season that has lead people to forget how average he looked the year before (to the point where some were beginning to note that we looked better without him) and how he didn't actually set the lower leagues on fire before that. Tadíc looks to be a player playing well above the standard of league that he finds himself in, I reckon he'd step up to the Premier League well, and would at least look better than Lallana did in his first top flight season.

We're supposed to be improving on last season though not our first one back in the Prem. It's just worrying the standard of players we're looking at, they're all downgrades on what's been sold. It'd be easy to assume that our ambition really has disappeared.

IMO he doesn't look anywhere near as good as AL.

Doesn't mean the TEAM won't improve though but certainly as a like for like replacement, not as good but then I guess thats obvious.

If he was better than AL, 1) he wouldn't be going for £10m or thereabouts and 2) LFC would be after him instead. It'll be the same with LS replacement.

I just hope that RK can get them playing together so that as a team we're alright.

We're supposed to be improving on last season though not our first one back in the Prem. It's just worrying the standard of players we're looking at, they're all downgrades on what's been sold. It'd be easy to assume that our ambition really has disappeared.

For £9m we are not risking too much. That is actually a very reasonable price for a proven (albeit not in the premiership) international player. Even if Tadíc isn't an improvement on Lallana, he would be an improvement on our current squad. If we are looking to push on from last season then obviously we need to look for a higher quality player, but we also need to pad out our squad, and additions like Tadíc right now must surely be welcomed.

While it's true that we've taken quite a hit - losing three key players and manager and coaching staff - looking at the managerial appointment, that doesn't suggest "downgrade" to me. Koeman is a much bigger and more decorated name than Pochettino was and is. I think if we can get top ten next year then we will be in a stronger position in the transfer market next summer. Players would see that we are still competitive despite the events of this summer and then we could look to attract the kind of players you're talking about.

For £9m we are not risking too much. That is actually a very reasonable price for a proven (albeit not in the premiership) international player. Even if Tadíc isn't an improvement on Lallana, he would be an improvement on our current squad. If we are looking to push on from last season then obviously we need to look for a higher quality player, but we also need to pad out our squad, and additions like Tadíc right now must surely be welcomed.

While it's true that we've taken quite a hit - losing three key players and manager and coaching staff - looking at the managerial appointment, that doesn't suggest "downgrade" to me. Koeman is a much bigger and more decorated name than Pochettino was and is. I think if we can get top ten next year then we will be in a stronger position in the transfer market next summer. Players would see that we are still competitive despite the events of this summer and then we could look to attract the kind of players you're talking about.

I'd say going from a proven Premiership manager to an unproven one is arguably a downgrade. With the money we have available we should be sniffing around the likes of Lukaku, Feillani, Chamberlain and keeping an eye on the Courtois situation, then bringing in 3/4mill youngsters to pad out the squad.

I'd say going from a proven Premiership manager to an unproven one is arguably a downgrade. With the money we have available we should be sniffing around the likes of Lukaku, Feillani, Chamberlain and keeping an eye on the Courtois situation, then bringing in 3/4mill youngsters to pad out the squad.

Getting a team who should have been finishing in the position they did with the squad they had isn't really proven. We did what was expected of us with Poch in charge.

We would not get Lukaku unless we go in with a ridiculous offer and wages, Fellaini is atrocious, Chamberlain wouldn't come back and Courtois is too good for us.

Apparently West Ham have bid £8m for Valbuena, so perhaps we should go in for him and players of his level but where we are now I can't see us signing a whole team of world beaters just because we have some money.

With the money we have available we should be sniffing around the likes of Lukaku, Feillani, Chamberlain and keeping an eye on the Courtois situation, then bringing in 3/4mill youngsters to pad out the squad.

Your expectations are way, way, way out of sync with reality. Courtois!?

Then throw ridiculous money at Lukaku, we've already slashed our wage bill and will be saving loads more with Osvaldo seemingly leaving. The club needs a couple of marquee signings not mediocre players from abroad that we can pretend to get excited about because its all we have to cling on to atm.

Then throw ridiculous money at Lukaku, we've already slashed our wage bill and will be saving loads more with Osvaldo seemingly leaving. The club needs a couple of marquee signings not mediocre players from abroad that we can pretend to get excited about because its all we have to cling on to atm.

Have you been to the Portsmouth school of finances or something? you're off your head.

What was Pochettino before he came here? Did Adkins have any Premier League experience before he took us up?

Man Utd fans must be bricking it that Luis van Gaal has never managed in the PL.

Hahaha! What an idiot.

Courtois.......the bloke who has apparently displaced Cech at Chelsea?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10831871/Petr-Cech-may-leave-Chelsea-as-Thibaut-Courtois-emerges-as-Jose-Mourinhos-first-choice-keeper-at-Stamford-Bridge.html

Maybe we should sign Cech?

....Chamberlain???

Chamberlain would have been a possibility around December last year I thought for a loan, he'd been out injured, loads of players ahead of him, I mean Arsenal have an absurd amount of attacking midfielders. But then they got loads of injuries, he got into a central midfield position and did well.

Who knows though, they still have loads of players that will probably see him on the bench a lot next year and knowing Wenger he'll probably sign some more AMs they don't need , he could become unsettled and want some football, plus he has a soft spot for us. Come January a loan might be viable again.

What was Pochettino before he came here? Did Adkins have any Premier League experience before he took us up?

Man Utd fans must be bricking it that Luis van Gaal has never managed in the PL.

And would Spurs have appointed him a year ago? He's now proven in the Prem so has been snapped up by a bigger club, that doesn't mean automatically every unproven manager there after will do well. Van Gaals one of the most highly rated managers in the world but similarly he's no sure thing for United.

Yes because the reality is we're unfortunately going back to being a run of the mill mid table/ bottom half club again as we were back in the day.

And, leaving aside your 'reality' is pure supposition, do you actually have an issue with this? Or are you really wanting a life in the Championship when you can say "See, I told you so!"

Yes, if only you could force players to join a team with a gun to their head......might be able to bring those then...perhaps...

And what proven premier league manager would be available in your opinion?

Edited by Olallana
wrong word that made the sentence a bit weird...

Yes, if only you could force players to join a team with a head to their head......might be able to bring those then...perhaps...

And what proven premier league manager would be available in your opinion?

Moreover, which proven Premier League managers would be available that have a similar history of success in the game than Koeman?

Moreover, which proven Premier League managers would be available that have a similar history of success in the game than Koeman?

None, but apparently managing in PL is superior to anything else in managerial jobs.....if I understand the Pastor correctly...

And, leaving aside your 'reality' is pure supposition, do you actually have an issue with this? Or are you really wanting a life in the Championship when you can say "See, I told you so!"

Yes, because we really were that close to being a very good top half team and chasing down the likes of Everton and Spurs. To allow the team to be absolutely torn apart in the way that is has is spectacularly bad management. My personal hope with Saints was that we could get to the same level as Spurs and Everton to allow us to keep at least the vast majority of our academy players. I'd be happy with being a bottom team if we could keep players who have came through the academy but we can't.