Sammy Lee and Dave Watson confirmed

Pancake

So that's Kelvin shafted then. Nice work Les........

Maybe Kelv didnt want the job? Maybe he is no good as a "teacher"? Maybe he ios playing this year with a view to learning from Watson and taking over next year? Maybe Kelv is off to another club for some final first team football? Maybe....

But no, lets use the appointment of a new coach as a stick with which to beat Les. **** me blind...

So that's Kelvin shafted then. Nice work Les........

Why is he "shafted"? He has a players contract and salary until June 2016, i'm sure he'll cope. Does he even have coaching badges completed? He has no experience as a 1st team coach.

Instead we've appointed the England goalkeeper coach, I think that shows a good level of quality and ambition from the club don't you?

Don't really understand the Lee appointment.

Because we need more than just the Koeman brothers to coach the 1st team and Sammy Lee is a highly respected coach in English football. He won 3 league titles and 2 European cups as a player and has been the assistant manager of Liverpool and a coach for England. It appears he is a very high quality appointment for such a role at Saints.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Lee and Watson bring along a lot of PL experience and knowledge of English football which is important.

For me the most interesting is Hunter as now means there is a vacancy managing the U21s and with the 18s too those are very important positions.

The Daily Echo say Saints will make internal appointments for them.

Internal appointments are also expected to fill the void left by the dismissals of Jason Dodd and Paul Williams, who were running the under-18 side.

At the bottom of this article... http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/11310675.Lallana_deal_stalls/

So Radhi Jaidi may get the under 21 or under 18 managers role perhaps?

Edited by Matthew Le God

Maybe Kelv didnt want the job? Maybe he is no good as a "teacher"? Maybe he ios playing this year with a view to learning from Watson and taking over next year? Maybe Kelv is off to another club for some final first team football? Maybe....

But no, lets use the appointment of a new coach as a stick with which to beat Les. **** me blind...

If we appointed KD then I'm sure some would of said "Nice one Les...appoint a GK coach with no experience" ...or something like that! :)

Don't really understand the Lee appointment.

Never hurts to have premier league experience on your coaching staff.... Played a role in developing some fine players at Liverpool too - I'm happy to have him on board. Equally happy to have Watson here too.

Having just come around to the idea of Koeman as an appointment having seen the pics of him managing the likes of Zlatan, I'm now attempting to wrap my head around the appointment of Sammy Lee, who at best comes across as an enthusiastic idiot.

Oh well, he might be brilliant, who knows?

As far as im concerned these are good appointments.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ruddy join.

Something some Norwich fans pointed out to me is that in the period Watson had been at Norwich Ruddy went from being in the England squad to not being in the England squad and all this while Watson was the England GK coach.

Something some Norwich fans pointed out to me is that in the period Watson had been at Norwich Ruddy went from being in the England squad to not being in the England squad and all this while Watson was the England GK coach.

Was this when Ruddy got injured for a while? I'm sure he only got dropped since that injury. Might be wrong.

Was this when Ruddy got injured for a while? I'm sure he only got dropped since that injury. Might be wrong.

Not sure. But the Norwich fans said Ruddy has been bad this season and not too many of them were fussed about losing Watson.

That said, I think as appointments go it's a very good one so credit to Reed and the team for getting him.

Might be because they had a crap manager in houghton and they lost loads of games

I am not sure that a teams form prevents a keeper from being called up. If anything it is the one position on the pitch where your individual form can be separated from the rest of the team. Plus we called up Ben Foster ahead of John Ruddy, and WBA were garbage this year too. Just interesting that Ruddy wasn't in the England squad when his club coach is also the national coach.

Also coincided with Ben Foster deciding he did fancy playing for England after all, and the emergence of Fraser Forster. I don't think you can necessarily draw a straight conclusion that Watson oversaw Ruddy's decline when Norwich's defence only conceded 4 more goals last season compared to the previous one. After all, Watson was also present when Ruddy was first called up. Keepers tend to go through peaks and troughs, Boruc has had spells with us (and other clubs) where he's gone from being amazing to being terrible.