Correct pronunciation of the manager's name

Professor

Some of my contacts have been referring to Ronald as "Co-Man", which is not how he would say it. When I saw someone had called him RoKo it suggested the use of 'Co' might be more widespread. The correct pronunciation is "Koo-mun". If anyone would like to check that, listen to fellow Dutchman, Jos Hoiveld speaking about Ronald in his interview from the Belgium training camp.

'fraid this does show just how sad the close season is now that the WC is over, that I've got nothing better to do.........

He's been "Koo-mun" for as long as I can remember in Ronald and/or Erwin Koeman terms, which is about 1988.

^^ This. ^^

Would have thought he was too well known for anyone to get it wrong, maybe it's just us oldies that remember his playing days.

Then again there were "expert" commentators/pundits who referred to Ruud Gullit with a hard "G" when he was at Chelsea, so nothing would surprise me.

Some of my contacts have been referring to Ronald as "Co-Man", which is not how he would say it. When I saw someone had called him RoKo it suggested the use of 'Co' might be more widespread. The correct pronunciation is "Koo-mun". If anyone would like to check that, listen to fellow Dutchman, Jos Hoiveld speaking about Ronald in his interview from the Belgium training camp.

'fraid this does show just how sad the close season is now that the WC is over, that I've got nothing better to do.........

Is it not "Coo-mun" maybe Cumin :lol:? Personally I prefer Koeman - Coman - Conan!!! :smug:

My mate persists in calling him Ronald Colman (9 February 1891 – 19 May 1958) was an English actor, popular during the 1930s and 1940s),

has a nice ring to it apart from the fact he's no longer alive!

The same mate who must have gone to school with Paul Merson, so we have Adam Luarner, Jay Rodridges, Luke Shoar etc.

I'll try to educate him but I think I've got no chance with Ronald Koo-mun.

My mate persists in calling him Ronald Colman (9 February 1891 – 19 May 1958) was an English actor, popular during the 1930s and 1940s),

has a nice ring to it apart from the fact he's no longer alive!

The same mate who must have gone to school with Paul Merson, so we have Adam Luarner, Jay Rodridges, Luke Shoar etc.

I'll try to educate him but I think I've got no chance with Ronald Koo-mun.

According to an oik sat near me at one match last season his surname was Larner.

(and any of the youth team proteges were simply 'nipper').

Ronald Queuemun. The patient one. :-)

I have it as Koomun too, but it's not uncommon for some people to mispronounce a name. Even commentators differ on some names.

Font. Fontee. Fontay.

When as we all know from the BBC in Belo Horizonte, it's actually something nearer "FONTch".

There are very few players or managers that my dad manages to pronounce right the first time. So far Saints have signed

"Koolaman"

"Titchi"

"Pen-lay"

He still refers to Brett Ormerod as "Ormaroid"

I have a mate who refers to last season's manager as Pinocchio and the goalkeeper as Borat.

Checked this out with a Dutch acquaintance a couple of weeks ago. He said Koo- man, but with the emphasis on the second syllable, so it's more Koo-MAN, than our usual English KOO-man. Also the 'man' sounds almost more 'marn' than 'man'.