Could we possibly end 14/15 with 4 england internationals in our squad again?

Saint IQ

Unlikely but still possible if the TEAM perform well again this year

-Ward-Prowse

-Chambers

-Clyne

-Cork

-Jay Rod

-Ings?

Finish 8th again and very likely 2-4 of them will make there senior debuts.

It's so terrible being a saints fan these days isn't it? :shakey:

-Ward-Prowse

-Chambers

-Clyne

-Cork

-Jay Rod

-Ings?

Cork, no chance, not because he's a bad player but because the "world class" Steven Gerrard is merrily tying down his position.

1 of Clyne/Chambers maybe as both cannot get regular game time but JWP could be in with a shout.

JRod is a Liverpool player if you believe the press :facepalm:

Cork, no chance, not because he's a bad player but because the "world class" Steven Gerrard is merrily tying down his position.

1 of Clyne/Chambers maybe as both cannot get regular game time but JWP could be in with a shout.

JRod is a Liverpool player if you believe the press :facepalm:

I expect and hope Lampard and Gerrard to retire.

-Ward-Prowse

-Chambers

-Clyne

-Cork

-Jay Rod

-Ings?

I don't think JWP has a chance at all of being called up, certainly not next season.

Chambers or Clyne but not both.....personally i was surprised Clyne wasnt chosen last season and should definitely have gone to the WC.

I think Rodriguez is in for a long period of recovery.......even Walcott is still out at the start of the season. If he manages to get back, it will be late Jan (assuming no problems on the way) and then he has to return to some sort of form. I think its unlikely he will be playing for england next year, but who knows.

And Ings doesn't play for us.

I don't think JWP has a chance at all of being called up, certainly not next season.

Chambers or Clyne but not both.....personally i was surprised Clyne wasnt chosen last season and should definitely have gone to the WC.

I think Rodriguez is in for a long period of recovery.......even Walcott is still out at the start of the season. If he manages to get back, it will be late Jan (assuming no problems on the way) and then he has to return to some sort of form. I think its unlikely he will be playing for england next year, but who knows.

And Ings doesn't play for us.

Well Jay already has a cap so that's 1 out of 4 if he stays, Ings doesn't play for us? Thought he did? Thanks for clearing that up.

-Ward-Prowse

-Chambers

-Clyne

-Cork

-Jay Rod

-Ings?

Jay Rod and maybe Chambers.. but the rest are not good enough.

-Ward-Prowse

-Chambers

-Clyne

-Cork

-Jay Rod

-Ings?

I don't want any England internationals. They will all be gone next summer if that is the case.

After what happened to the last batch that got called up, it's horrible to think this, but I don't want any of our players being called up! There is definitely a direct correlation to the England call up's and the players then turning their heads to other clubs.

Roy Hodgson and any subsequent England manager should be banned from St. Marys. I never want a Saints player being called up again.

Ha, I feel your pain mate. Players used to want to leave us so they can achieve their dreams of playing for England etc.

Now players leave after they've been called up because they get a taste of the 'big time'.

After what happened to the last batch that got called up, it's horrible to think this, but I don't want any of our players being called up! There is definitely a direct correlation to the England call up's and the players then turning their heads to other clubs.

As long as we continue to play attractive attacking football, give the cups a real go and finish around midtable I'd be more than happy with that. The pride I felt when Lambert scored a goal with his first touch has been soured by everthing that has happened since and it wouldnt bother me if a Saints player never played for England again.

think we will see a lot of fresh faces in the next England game.

Most of those who " failed " in Brazil will be doubtfuls when you consider it was our " second string " that drew 0-0 with the " mighty " Costa Rica !

Those who have finished their international careers were predictable, (Gerrard will be next).... but expect to see new some new recruits in preparation for Euro 2016.

Roy still loves us... and a good run of results will mean he'll be back to look at our U21's every week :lol:

think we will see a lot of fresh faces in the next England game.

Most of those who " failed " in Brazil will be doubtfuls when you consider it was our " second string " that drew 0-0 with the " mighty " Costa Rica !

Those who have finished their international careers were predictable, (Gerrard will be next).... but expect to see new some new recruits in preparation for Euro 2016.

Roy still loves us... and a good run of results will mean he'll be back to look at our U21's every week :lol:

In which case I hope our fans give Hodgson a warm welcome...

Gerrard retiring may make it less likely for outside top 6 england player's heads to be turned. He's a legend of the game and players obviously hang on to his every word. This would happen with Rooney also if he wasn't so f-ing brain dead

Hopefully our new batch of young hopefuls will see our recently departed players sat on the bench at their new BIG clubs and when they meet up at the England training camp they wont be so easily persuaded to leave. Also I hope that the players that leave dont get game time and therefore dont get picked England and they will look on enviously at our new generation playing regularly and getting picked by Hodgson

-Ward-Prowse

-Chambers

-Clyne

-Cork

-Jay Rod

-Ings?

And sell another five to Liverpool next summer!

It depends who we sign. If we sign some of the players we're rumoured to be in for:

Forster

Rodwell

Redmond

Ings

They could all develop into England players. If JRod is back to full fitness and form, he looks a good option and Clyne must be one of the best players not to have gone - far better than Johnson or Phil Jones in that position! Chambers is also better than the current incumbents, but I don't see how we can have two RBs both playing for England when we will be rotating them.

I think JWP needs a bit more time to mature before he's ready to start for us let alone be an England international. If anyone else breaks into the team and impresses enough to be considered, we'll be having a very good season again.

I know everyone's ****ed off with our best players being tapped up and sold because they've played so well, but I'd rather that every summer than relegation battles and sub-standard football at St Mary's every week.

Anyone who doubts JWP's England credentials didn't watch the toulon tournament where he captained the U20s. Standout England player by a mile, so much more composed and mature in possession than the rest of the team. Fully expect this to be his proper breakout year, love him to sign his new bumper contract. Hope Reed gets a chance for saints this year too, future england international (couple of years away). Can see why he gets compared to scholes as, like JWP, he has maturity beyond his years in possession.

It depends who we sign. If we sign some of the players we're rumoured to be in for:

Forster

Rodwell

Redmond

Ings

They could all develop into England players. If JRod is back to full fitness and form, he looks a good option and Clyne must be one of the best players not to have gone - far better than Johnson or Phil Jones in that position! Chambers is also better than the current incumbents, but I don't see how we can have two RBs both playing for England when we will be rotating them.

I think JWP needs a bit more time to mature before he's ready to start for us let alone be an England international. If anyone else breaks into the team and impresses enough to be considered, we'll be having a very good season again.

I know everyone's ****ed off with our best players being tapped up and sold because they've played so well, but I'd rather that every summer than relegation battles and sub-standard football at St Mary's every week.

Exactly, I, at my age have never had it so good at saints. Our youth system is thriving, players going to the world cup. It sucks they've gone/ are going but that's football!

Behave Ings wont be a England international for at least 18 months, i dont think he is good enough but you never know.

Cork 100% should be in there quality defensive midfield player, better then Henderson, but i dont think he will get much of a look in.

Jay Rod when fit and on form will be a regular.

JWP still needs to find his best role for us 1st, but when he does fully expect him to be a squad player for England.

Clyne and Chambers should 100% be considered Johnson is awful, Walker is decent and we need cover for him.