The thread for people who want to say sorry to the board

berkshiresaint

Let the U turns begin. All those who either wanted to return season tickets, make a stand against the board, slag of Reed,Kruger et'al. The club does know what it's doing.

Looking forward to this season even more now.

Ive said Ill ultimately make my decision come september 1st, dont see any reason not to wait

I think this is a bit inflammatory and unhelpful to be honest. What would be better would be to do as Ralph asks and judge them once the season begins, rather than all this flip-flapping that some fans seem to do.

Nigel was always absolutely spot on when he said we shouldn't get too low after the defeat and shouldn't get too high after a win and it's the same with all this. A bit of emotional maturity is needed.

If someone was hitting berkshiresaint on the head with a hammer and only stopped when passers-by protested, he would thank his assailant and apologise for having misjudged him.

This warrants a prize for the most foolish thread yet.

As many will know, I'm a bit of a happy clapper during good times and a fence-sitter when shít is up in the air, so I haven't really said anything I need to apologise to the board for. P'raps a couple of sarcastic tweets ;)

Anyway, I'm providing for multiple outcomes here, Wayne's World style.

Good outcome

Scenario: Morgs and Jay Rod stay, RK pulls together team capable of achieving mid-table Prem League status, along with platform for further success.

Message to board: Sorry for sending a sarcastic tweet to club in reply to Les Reed's quote about keeping hold of best quality youngsters. Stay around, as apart from the occasional bit of drama, the Liebherr ownership has been positive.

Bad outcome

Scenario: Ralph is lying through his teeth. Morgs and Jay are off to Spurs this week. Anything not nailed down sold to nearest Premier League reclamation yard.

Message to board: May you forever have unwipeable bottoms. May you always be plagued with ever-present winnets that only take a break from biting your ringpiece to bits when the Haemorrhoid family come to visit.

Scooby Doo outcome

Scenario: Kat isn't really Kat, and is unmasked as NC - who has been holding the real Kat under house arrest and posing as her since January, scaring players away so he can buy the club on the cheap.

Message to board: He'd have gotten away with it, if only for those pesky kids.

Edited by pap

If someone was hitting berkshiresaint on the head with a hammer and only stopped when passers-by protested, he would thank his assailant and apologise for having misjudged him.

This warrants a prize for the most foolish thread yet.

The words of a man who goes through life pulling doors that say push.

Let the U turns begin. All those who either wanted to return season tickets, make a stand against the board, slag of Reed,Kruger et'al. The club does know what it's doing.

Hmm, was nice to hear some positivity and an unequivocal statement on Schneiderlin and Rodriguez, but I'm as committed to "waiting and seeing" before August 17th and September 1st as I was before. Obviously three signings is a start, but that's not covering £90m of transfer fees and wages as claimed, so there would need to be plenty of others too.

The time for the "ok I was wrong"s is Sept 1st with 6-8 quality new players, and even then it'll be "wait and see" on results.

Hmm, was nice to hear some positivity and an unequivocal statement on Schneiderlin and Rodriguez, but I'm as committed to "waiting and seeing" before August 17th and September 1st as I was before. Obviously three signings is a start, but that's not covering £90m of transfer fees and wages as claimed, so there would need to be plenty of others too.

The time for the "ok I was wrong"s is Sept 1st with 6-8 quality new players, and even then it'll be "wait and see" on results.

Which is just common sense IMO, and it's the same every season and every transfer window.

Seriously? There's been a lot of knee jerk posting on here, but that is surely justified. I'll be reserving judgement until September 1st. After all the crap we've obviously been fed recently I don't think I will ever be able to take any of what they say at face value anymore

Even if Krueger does buy 10 quality players the ineptitude of how we have found ourselves in this position means they are all now on borrowed time. Our board isn't trusted, lacks integrity and has made us a laughing stock.

They are incompetent. Les Reed and Krueger will be leaving soon.

Even if Krueger does buy 10 quality players the ineptitude of how we have found ourselves in this position means they are all now on borrowed time. Our board isn't trusted, lacks integrity and has made us a laughing stock.

They are incompetent. Les Reed and Krueger will be leaving soon.

This. And hopefully they will both apologise...

• 1 month later...

All in all improvements all round a stronger squad than last year. 2 players coming in who have played in CL finals & a better manager. So then did the board do good & are all those who wet their beds & slagged the board off going to admit they were wrong? Shame to see Jos go.

in my opinion every player brought in has either been on par or better than who they replaced. It is quite ironic that the players who left for exorbinate amounts of money wanted to play CL football (most of them won't) but we bought in 2 players who have one the bloody thing..

I don't think I was ever condemning the board, although I certainly admit to panicking and questioning what was going on. Am I going to apologise? No. Why? Because I went on the information available to me at the time. That information was basically that we'd sold five of our best players with none in. I'm not going to second guess myself now. I had an opinion at that time, formed from what I knew and what the board told us, and I'm not going to take it back. The board have come good, but it doesn't mean things were handled well two months ago.

It was all about actions, which they produced at the end of the day, pretty emphatically it has to be said. Their stance on Jay and especially Morgan was commendable.

They'll probably go eventually, but it re-asserted ourselves in the market when it seemed as if we were easy pickings.

it has been speculated (by Adam Blackmore no less, amongst others) that the anger directed at the board following the sale of Chambers led to the Board to harden their stance with regards Morgan and J-Rod.

As any 5 year old will tell you, bed-wetting gets attention!

it has been speculated (by Adam Blackmore no less, amongst others) that the anger directed at the board following the sale of Chambers led to the Board to harden their stance with regards Morgan and J-Rod.

As Alpine_Saint will tell you, bed-wetting gets attention!

It wouldn't be a surprise, that transfer was a shocker. Glad they finally showed some spine and halted the exodus, it provided a foundation for new players to come on, no-one ever heard of rats boarding a sinking ship.

It was all about actions, which they produced at the end of the day, pretty emphatically it has to be said. Their stance on Jay and especially Morgan was commendable.

They'll probably go eventually, but it re-asserted ourselves in the market when it seemed as if we were easy pickings.

My main point all summer was that we appeared to be doing nothing to try and keep the core of the squad together and the reports coming out where that players were becoming very frustrated very quickly about the lack of communication from the board. We were told that when the big clubs come calling with pockets full of cash, we simply have to let players go regardless of length of contract.

I'm glad the board used the "no means no" policy to good effect with Morgan and Jay.

My main point all summer was that we appeared to be doing nothing to try and keep the core of the squad together and the reports coming out where that players were becoming very frustrated very quickly about the lack of communication from the board. We were told that when the big clubs come calling with pockets full of cash, we simply have to let players go regardless of length of contract.

I'm glad the board used the "no means no" policy to good effect with Morgan and Jay.

Funny how the players that were saying all this tended to be the ones who wanted to move or were agitating for new contracts. As I said back then and have maintained throughout the Summer, the players stuffed the board over with lies and hyperbole so the fans would blame the board, not them.

Adam was also the dissenting players mouthpiece throughout the Summer so find it hard to believe him.

Funny how the players that were saying all this tended to be the ones who wanted to move or were agitating for new contracts. As I said back then and have maintained throughout the Summer, the players stuffed the board over with lies and hyperbole so the fans would blame the board, not them.

This!

So, the question bodes : if the fan base hadnt reacted so negatively to Chambers leaving, where would be now ?

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. But I'll be f**ked if I am going to apologise until there is some sort of recognition from them that they screwed up in their judgement of Pochettino and the communication thereafter..

All in all improvements all round a stronger squad than last year. ..

You called it right back in July, well done!!

Even now, at the end of the transfer widiow, after the start of the season there are many posters still justifying their bed wetting and not willing to apologise. Shame on them.