Aren't you all being ungrateful?

Turkish

'Remember where we were x years ago'

Was always the line trotted out when Cortese got any criticism. Well people. Remember where we were five years ago.

We were just coming out of admin, in l1 and on minus 10 points with Lloyd James and Matt Paterson in the side. Now were a premier league club with £100m in the bank which will all be spent on new players, the next crop of bright young things emerging, an international legend as manager and the man who wrote the coaching manual for ENGLAND in charge of recruitment.

Yet still you complain, still people don't trust the board, people demanding the club be sold.

Remember where we were five years ago. Funny how no one is saying that now.

Was always the line trotted out when Cortese got any criticism. Well people. Remember where we were five years ago.

We were just coming out of admin, in l1 and on minus 10 points with Lloyd James and Matt Paterson in the side. Now were a premier league club with £100m in the bank which will all be spent on new players, the next crop of bright young things emerging, an international legend as manager and the man who wrote the coaching manual for ENGLAND in charge of recruitment.

Yet still you complain, still people don't trust the board, people demanding the club be sold.

I still can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

Ill happily admit im wrong if I had to, in the meantime Im struggling to see any positives, only that maybe the board are learning what a poor job they are doing

Aren't you just glad you've still got a club to support, smirkers?

They'll always be a club to support bud, but it helps to know whats going on at the training ground to form an opinion

I don't know about you but I really hope Kat doesn't pull the plug on us, so I'm only going to say nice things and skip to games just glad we didn't go bust.

Not bothered about players leaving, the Prem is full of mercenaries and money will always drive Saints players away. Liverpool wont win title for another 18 years and Spurs win nothing as a so called big club. Fans should be more concerned about the huge cost of the season ticket. £625 rip off, especially as Saints will play 7 a side this season

I still can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

I'm pretty sure Turks has freely admitted he comes on here for a wind up, but then again maybe that was a wind up.

I'll wait and see what's happened come the end of the window, but you have to admit things ain't looking rosy. We should have at least got a few more replacements sorted before we agreed to sell and today's events look amateurish in the extreme.

The point is, with NC we saw continuous improvement year on year with only one major transfer out.

You have to admit that losing 5-8 first teamers in a month is totally unprecedented in PL history.

It is new and dangerous ground and we just have to pray Koeman has what it takes to build a new team, with a great spirit, at short, short notice.

I got to agree with what Turkish is saying he makes sense . Just got to Man up and deal with it ,

all this moaning is not going to change it , if a player wants to go let him go ,no point keeping him .

the other clubs are looking at southampton are turning out some quality players from the acadamy bale ,Walcott .etc

Got to have trust in 'koolman'

Look at Liverpool buying Carroll , Chelsea buying Torres ,Newcastle buying Owen

Come back when that happens please, 7/10

I think this could be one of those Turkish threads where he takes the views of 3 contrasting posters, mashes them together as if they all came from the same schizophrenic individual, pretends this view is upheld by the majority of the forum and takes the intellectual high ground.

I think this could be one of those Turkish threads where he takes the views of 3 contrasting posters, mashes them together as if they all came from the same schizophrenic individual, pretends this view is upheld by the majority of the forum and takes the intellectual high ground.

This could be one of those posts where people pretend that "no one ever said" the stuff the opening poster has referred to, although in this instance the pretence has extended to three.

Just three posters in the last five or so years has used the term/sentiment around "remember where we were 3/4/5 years ago"? Three people?

I'd call it one of the most reoccurring themes/tropes on this forum, used by countless contributors in countless "let's have some perspective" threads and posts over the last few years.

But no, lets go with you. It was only ever said by 3 contrasting posters. Right-o.

Heaven forbid you ever make stuff up to try and achieve the intellectual high ground.

Edited by CB Fry

. When Reed arrived the manuals were dumped straight into the bin

There are a list of teams of similar stature or bigger than us that are in a worse position; Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, Forest, Ipswich, Leicester (only just got back up), Derby, Coventry, Birmingham, Blackburn, Middlesborough, Sheffield United.

We are very lucky.

There are a list of teams of similar stature or bigger than us that are in a worse position; Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, Forest, Ipswich, Leicester (only just got back up), Derby, Coventry, Birmingham, Blackburn, Middlesborough, Sheffield United.

We are very lucky.

You left out P..mouth

I admire the use of simple algebra in your opening sentence, there Turkish.

However, I can't help being reminded of this when considering the thread's intent ;)

plethora.jpg