SaintsWeb unpopular opinions

Rasiak-9-

Alpine is not a troll or an intentional attention seeker and genuinely does want the best for the club, he's just insanely pessimistic.

I'll take that, and raise you with an "Alps is nowhere near as tedious as people trying to score cred off Alps".

Nothing intended your way.

I feel like an unpopular opinion at the moment is not just that Southampton will avoid relegation next year, but that they'll also do well at the same time. I'm being very optimistic moving into the new season. It's going to be difficult to surpass eighth, but I very much doubt we'll be fighting it out at the bottom against the likes of Burnley and Leicester.

Is this thread just for people who have unpopular opinions? From what I can see almost all opinions are unpopular with some others - that's the nature of a forum.

So just keep posting and you can appear on this thread soon.

Personally, I have lots of unpopular opinions (according to her in-doors)....

Rodriguez is twice the player Lambert is.

Unpopular opinion here?

To say anything else than that Cork is the bestest CM in the league and that you can't understand that he isn´t first name on the paper for the England lineup....(slightly exaggeration perhaps)

Both good ones. (insofar as I agree/have agreed with both but know they're unpopular)

It is very clear that we all know that the 5 year plan was the mantra that got us to 8th.

Because the Plan called for expanding SMS to 45,000 capacity, the sales this summer were all orchestrated and planned.and we now have the money to start the preparation work so we can start the Construction next summer.

We do all know of course that SMS is far too small for us and we (especially Turkish) cannot wait for the new Business Class seating, Airblades & WiFi in the new Upper Levels

That this board won't spend anything more than the bare minimum to keep us up, and that we will see hardly any of the £93m being spent.

The first team have been asset stripped ready for sale, and we'll be patched up by loans and cheap players as much as possible.

Tadic and Pelle were only signed as part of the Koeman agreement.

Agreed with this, he was also better than Shaw last season IMO

Let's not go nuts now. Chambers was excellent defensively but didn't offer as much as Clyne going forward. Shaw was good going foward and defensively (when he wasn't upfield) but had a fairly ineffective final ball.

Let's not go nuts now. Chambers was excellent defensively but didn't offer as much as Clyne going forward. Shaw was good going foward and defensively (when he wasn't upfield) but had a fairly ineffective final ball.

Agreed that Shaw was stronger going forward than Chambers. He is faster is 'built' more like a winger compared to Chambers, hence Wenger playing him at CB in the Emirates cup. However, I would say Shaw also had an ineffective final ball. From a quick Google he only had 1 assist last year ... my memory is awful and cant even remember it. I assume Chambers had none. Poor quite poor tbh, especially with the formation we played under poch. I just felt last season that Shaw seemed to be getting 'Done' more than Chambers. Maybe that's due to Shaw being further up the pitch at times.