• Schneiderlin
    • Davis, S
    • Cork
    • Tadic
    • Mane
    • Pelle
    • Wanyama
    • Gardos

Therefore i'm guessing that it would have needed to have been adjacent to the right-hand touchline facing from the Northam towards the Chapel, or in the Chapel facing along that touchline. Are there cameras there?

Today there was a camera on the Kingsland touchline near the Chapel facing down towards the Northam. Never seen one there before but then today was a different OB company. The now usual camera in the Itchen/Chapel corner was not deployed today.

Important win. When you look at the stats, there's no question which was the better side. But so much luck in football. We hit the woodwork four times, I think. On another day at least half of those would go in. But we could also easily have seen an equalizer in that second half. And on a couple of occasions lucky not to have conceded a penalty.

So impressed with Pelle. With that hold-up ability, it creates an aerial option forward at every moment. He was really unlucky not to add a goal. Wanyama made a big difference coming on. Against physical teams like Stoke, I'd love to see him start. I also found myself missing Shane Long. Even though he got a rough reception here, he's winning the hearts of a lot of fans because of his incredible pace and tenacity. So many great choices in our team. Will be interesting to see who Koeman picks for the cup game.

Feel v lucky to get to watch Saints from the other side of the Atlantic on NBC Hi-Def TV. They show every premier league game.

And this could yet be the best Saints year in history.

To be fair, the goal that went in hit the woodwork too so that is 1 in 5 going in and one of the four was on the same play so really we were 1 in 4 on woodworking goals. I don't actually have a point to make now that I think of it.

I thought it was a good, tough, enjoyable game.

We were excellent first half, better than last week and could have been 3 or 4 up.

2nd half they did make us work defensively and I thought we stood up to the challenge well.

So much for the "new look" Stoke. Long balls for knock downs from Crouch, plenty of iffy challenges flying in, I wonder if their fans seriously believe that is good stuff or not. Poor travelling numbers from them yesterday as well.

Today there was a camera on the Kingsland touchline near the Chapel facing down towards the Northam. Never seen one there before but then today was a different OB company. The now usual camera in the Itchen/Chapel corner was not deployed today.

The Sky highlights clearly show there was no contact with Tadic.. he either tweaked his back or it was a tactical disruption move to break up Stoke's progress... not that there was much in the whole match.

The Sky highlights clearly show there was no contact with Tadic.. he either tweaked his back or it was a tactical disruption move to break up Stoke's progress... not that there was much in the whole match.

That may be the case but it doesn't really explain why Tadic himself drifted out of the game and was far less potent than in the first half ?

The problem appeared to be his right hip, just below the pelvis. With his shorts pulled down we all had a good view from the Kingsland :(

Just back from Norfolk purgatory. I couldn't follow the game but of course watched the highlights on MOTD. It seems Stoke pushed us but without any real cutting edge, I think the cup game on Wednesday could be a lot more open with a few changes to the line ups. What a goal by Mané! Very instinctive finish, positive for the future.

2nd in the league! People may point that we haven't played any big boys yet, but you can only play and beat what's in front of you. Long may this feeling last.

It's interesting that on our motm poll very player has been selected (if only by one person.) Reflects good teamwork to some extent- everyone playing his part in the victory.

It also reflects the fact we have some comedy geniuses on here who select a sub who came on for the last 2 minutes as MOTM.

It also reflects the fact we have some comedy geniuses on here who select a sub who came on for the last 2 minutes as MOTM.

Possibly, but Victor and Gardos came on late and did their bit in keeping Stoke at bay - and they were tense moments at the end.

I didn't vote for them but they were necessary substitutions against a tough physical side at a time when we were beginning to tire and make mistakes.

Ok, so late subs can't ever be motm?

Voting for MOTM Poll is supposed to be a bit of fun, like the rest of this forum is supposed to be. I didn't vote for either, nor did I vote for Fraser Forster who had almost nothing to do, but so what? Why do some people on here just have to have a pop rather than posting something interesting or constructive or even amusing. Its not (meant to be) rocket science.

Charlie Adam dirty bugger

Indeed he is and Shawcross is no better. Stoke are an embarrassment, particularly Adams and his boss Hughes both of whom seem to think match-long moaning at the ref is a good substitute for playing football. I hate everything about Stoke City and feel especially sorry for their fans who have had to put up with this culture of anti-football for years. Who in their team would even make the bench of a good PL side?

Had to decide between going to Sunderland game or this one and chose Sunderland as it was my birthday!

Sounds like we played better first half then we did v Sunderland where we had a ropey start but Stoke changed their shape second half although didn't threaten Fraser's goal a great deal. Delighted with the clean sheets and solidity which provides a platform for the front 3 - Pelle, Tadic, Mane/Long - to wreak havoc plus Morgan and Cork have got forward far more this season.

Tough trip to Hull next week but fancy us to get at least a point. Interesting listening to commentary of Spurs v Newcastle yesterday and at H-T the taters were saying that for all of Spurs domination of possession they hadn't worked Krul a great deal and in fact had taken few shots at goal. Sums up the difference in approach, for all the great work MP did at SFC, and I'm really enjoying the more attacking outlook from Ronald.