Perhaps Jay Rodrigeuz for Harry Kane might have been a good swop.

Sevvy

From what I heard he never "got away" in the first place, we enquired about him (after they enquired about JRod) but we were firmly knocked back. You can see why.

Agree, I don't see how a player can 'get away' when he was never here. I'm sure we enquired about dosens of players we didn't sign in summer and indeed every window.

Well known that Poch didn't rate him and was looking to offload him,wouldn't be surprised if he was offered to us for either Morgan or J-rod

He's been pretty lucky, cause you're right, Kane was being flogged around in the summer - along with Townsend,Mason Chadli - yet they have all turned out to be pretty important for them this season. He's bloody lucky with Kane, that's for sure - as i'm certain he was not on his radar when he first came in. (well he wasn't, as he didn't play him)

Well known that Poch didn't rate him and was looking to offload him,wouldn't be surprised if he was offered to us for either Morgan or J-rod

How could Pochettino rate him? He didn't get there until the summer?

You think he rocked in there, balls out, and said "nah, this lad is sh*t, get him out"?

"well known that Poch didn't rate him". Yes, really well known, that one :lol::rolleyes:

Connor doesn't rate him.

Neither do I, but it's only an opinion based on the fact that he has failed to impress until this season and whilst loaned out several times. As mentioned, we did inquire about him and the reaction on here was totally nonplussed, and quite rightly in my view.

There is no denying he is on a great run of form, but key question is if he can keep it going or is it a one off? Maybe I am wrong but just think he is having the luck of his life, rather than having been identified as a developing golden nugget who has finally arrived. After all MP did not pick him at the start of the season and was happy to get rid (loan or permanent)

Neither do I, but it's only an opinion based on the fact that he has failed to impress until this season and whilst loaned out several times. As mentioned, we did inquire about him and the reaction on here was totally nonplussed, and quite rightly in my view.

There is no denying he is on a great run of form, but key question is if he can keep it going or is it a one off? Maybe I am wrong but just think he is having the luck of his life, rather than having been identified as a developing golden nugget who has finally arrived. After all MP did not pick him at the start of the season and was happy to get rid (loan or permanent)

Maybe he was no picked as he was not fit enough, quite good enough etc

As the season goes on, he is getting better

It's like tadic, he was brilliant at the start of the season and now a bit iffy,or Pelle, banging them in at the start of the season, and seemingly going backwards

Kane has scored over 20 goals this season in different competitions. These has been all different goals. Maybe he has stepped up to take his chance as he certainly was not a 25 goal a season striker back in August

Typical English mentality to big him up into a world beater after half a decent season. I lose count of how many big new 'stars' who everyone has forgotten about a year later. I'm not convinced, he might be good but I'm not getting carried away yet.

Typical English mentality to big him up into a world beater after half a decent season. I lose count of how many big new 'stars' who everyone has forgotten about a year later. I'm not convinced, he might be good but I'm not getting carried away yet.

You don't think he is good? Not a world beater granted, but might be good????

He is playing very well at the mo and now a great prospect and like yesterday, now stepping up in big games

I remember watching Rodriguez get better and better as the last season went on. Now many saints fans would demand £25m for him whilst out with a serious knee injury

If we had an English player banging them in like that, we would rightly be going mental for all sorts of recognition and demand roy puts him straight into the side

Edited by Batman

You don't think he is good? Not a world beater granted, but might be good????

He is playing very well at the mo and now a great prospect and like yesterday, now stepping up in big games

I remember watching Rodriguez get better and better as the last season went on. Now many saints fans would demand £25m for him whilst out with a serious knee injury

If we had an English player banging them in like that, we would rightly be going mental for all sorts of recognition and demand roy puts him straight into the side

Agree. Right now he is very good. He may turn out to be less good in the future but that is true of anyone.

Ok if mopo rated him so highly

Why did he stick with adybayor and soldado for so long

He got lucky imo and most Spurs fans think it's fan pressure that made him pick Kane

Agree with this, Kane was scoring in the Europa League (which Poch does not want to be in) and Poch was 'shamed' into playing him in the league.

But of course, Poch is now the new'Arry in being personally responsible for every young player at spurs as he was with us.

I know I will get mullered for this but just maybe we have our own Harry Kane in he form of Sam Gallagher? The coaching staff seem to rate him highly, he looked very useful in a couple of games last year. He obviously needs to get back to full fitness and work his way onto the bench but who knows from there? A couple of goals is what Kane needed and his confidence has soared since, just maybe we already have our own?

I know I will get mullered for this but just maybe we have our own Harry Kane in he form of Sam Gallagher? The coaching staff seem to rate him highly, he looked very useful in a couple of games last year. He obviously needs to get back to full fitness and work his way onto the bench but who knows from there? A couple of goals is what Kane needed and his confidence has soared since, just maybe we already have our own?

We can only hope so!

Who? I've never heard him described as "one of us", only as a player to have come through the academy

I think that is what the Spurs fans think. Of their home grown coming through who is having an electric season. Which is very rare for them