The Rather Previous 2016/17 Saints Kit Thread

The9

Just seen this on bookface a8aa46f4e09685e2596158408243dfb4.jpg

All look good, not sure how likely they will be

The sponsor doesn't look like that for a start, that's not even the Virgin Media logo. It's weird that people will go to so much trouble yet put stuff like tiny shorts numbers, the wrong sponsor, and brand logo and Saints badge logos are too close together too.

Ok so there's a collar trend going on here - if it's not a small looking actual button up foldover collar (Villa home, Toluca, and Sao Paolo away)

sao-paulo-16-17-away-kit%2B%25286%2529.jpg

... then it's a two-colour V with inset triangle (eg Alkmaar):

az-alkmaar-16-17-home-kit-1.jpg

or the slight variation of that on the Spurs kit:

Spurs-16-17-kit%2B%25282%2529.jpg

or a weird high up plain V neck:

colo-colo-16-17-third-kit%2B%25284%2529.jpg

or a really dull plain round neck with weird patterned shirt (Sao Paolo home):

sao-paulo-16-17-kit%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Shortwise there are two sets of AZ Alkmaar shorts with the hoop thing going on...

az%2Balkmaar%2B16-17%2Baway%2Bkit%2B%25281%2529.jpg

The socks seem likely to be the hooped style too, based on previous recent choices. Not sure what's going on with the socks to the far right though?!

f5e3e86e05a54a5397d95aa703ae642b?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&

Christ, Romeu spotted in the training kit, its PINK

Firstly, that training kit was already linked in post 545. Secondly, unless Virgin have changed their logo to pink as well (which they haven't) the kit is probably just the light red of the Spurs training kit also linked earlier in the thread. Though Spurs having an (Arsenal) red training shirt does seem a little strange, so maybe it's a kind of reddy-pink.

Thirdly, I'd be surprised if they trained in the match kit rather than, you know, the training kit. Fourthly, no, I don't think the shorts of the training kit which are the shorts of the training kit will be the same as the shorts of the actual kit, they make them different to get people to buy both of them.

Still surprised we haven't seen anything, maybe they're waiting for players to get back from the Euros to get photos done - they usually do it before they go but it IS a new brand so might not have had the kit available or something?

Edited by The9

Firstly, that training kit was already linked in post 545. Secondly, unless Virgin have changed their logo to pink as well (which they haven't) the kit is probably just the light red of the Spurs training kit also linked earlier in the thread. Though Spurs having an (Arsenal) red training shirt does seem a little strange, so maybe it's a kind of reddy-pink.

Thirdly, I'd be surprised if they trained in the match kit rather than, you know, the training kit. Fourthly, no, I don't think the shorts of the training kit which are the shorts of the training kit will be the same as the shorts of the actual kit, they make them different to get people to buy both of them.

Still surprised we haven't seen anything, maybe they're waiting for players to get back from the Euros to get photos done - they usually do it before they go but it IS a new brand so might not have had the kit available or something?

The Spurs training kit in that colour is called Orange!

Contract ends with Adidas tomorrow doesn't it? Probably why we've not been able to show off anything.

Didn't stop us advertising the new adidas kit in June 2013 before selling it before July 2013... but yeah, looks like we've got to wait until... probably midnight.

I get the impression from the sail that the new home kit is red and white stripes with a white box in the middle for the Virgin sponsor plus the back for the number.

Can't say it takes my fancy but no kit has since the stash kit.

I'd heard it had a box on the front for the sponsor, not sure about the back...

The Spurs training kit in that colour is called Orange!

I bet it is! I'd be surprised if they called it "Gunner red". :D Ours might still be a different colour though, theirs has gold shoulder flashes rather than the fluorescent ours seems to have from the picture - though that could still be gold, the picture colour has nothing much to confirm light/dark/contrast or hue.

tottenham-2016-2017-training-shirt-navy-orange.jpg

£32 anyway.

Edited by The9

Not sure about the stupid little collar with button. They'll look like Gavin out of Gavin and Stacey when people look uncomfortable with their top button done up.

Ha, agreed! The only time the top button of shirt should be fastened is if you're wearing a tie. Even top buttons done up on a t-shirt is pretty awful...

Fourthly, no, I don't think the shorts of the training kit which are the shorts of the training kit will be the same as the shorts of the actual kit, they make them different to get people to buy both of them.

Thanks The9, albeit I sense a response tinged with sarcasm/annoyance! I presumed they wouldn't be the actual shorts, but surely it wouldn't be unreasonable for them to be the same design as the first team kit (with the slightly odd chunk of colour on the side).

Thanks The9, albeit I sense a response tinged with sarcasm/annoyance! I presumed they wouldn't be the actual shorts, but surely it wouldn't be unreasonable for them to be the same design as the first team kit (with the slightly odd chunk of colour on the side).

They do tend to use different styles nowadays - Spurs training shorts this season seem to be just one seam of gold though, a different design to the Saints ones. Though that might just be to go with the navy/gold tops they have. Sarcasm/Annoyance is basically my default btw, don't worry about that. ;)

Not kit related but here seems like the most relevant place to put it. The new Premier League football (apparently):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2075[/ATTACH]

Certainly is, was leaked in February before the new Premier league logo was unveiled: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z_qO-xM-zM

http://todosobrecamisetas.com/2016/02/premier-league-2016-17-ball-nike-ordem-leaked/

They do tend to use different styles nowadays - Spurs training shorts this season seem to be just one seam of gold though, a different design to the Saints ones. Though that might just be to go with the navy/gold tops they have. Sarcasm/Annoyance is basically my default btw, don't worry about that. ;)

The Spurs training shorts are the same design as the leaked saints training kit. If you zoom in on both you can see the only difference is the red type colour flash at the side, this flash is still there in the Spurs shorts but it's the same colour as the rest of the material.

The Spurs training shorts are the same design as the leaked saints training kit. If you zoom in on both you can see the only difference is the red type colour flash at the side, this flash is still there in the Spurs shorts but it's the same colour as the rest of the material.

Oh yeah, well spotted, there's a navy section diagonally from the bottom of the line:

55415431323136_03.jpgKwycPDq.jpg

Edited by The9

This was in post 425, don't want to overlook it, I think the shirt might be pretty close (aside from the white panel for the sponsor)

Screen_Shot_2016_06_09_at_17_17_42.png

Also this one is interesting, aside from the dodgy wrong logo - I think we'll have hooped socks like Alkmaar's though:

orig-southampton-2016-17-home-kit-concept-26450

Edited by The9

It would be nice if they gave out a few to local amateur teams...

It would be nice if they gave away the past couple of years' ones with the "out of date" designs - still perfectly good balls. My last Saturday and Sunday sides both had old design pro-standard Nike balls for a relatively reasonable £40 a chuck. Trouble is they still end up on the mainline to Fareham no matter how much they cost. :(

I suspect legally they're committed to adidas until midnight and I wouldn't be entirely surprised if we see the Dr again, albeit with a new tracksuit.

It seems strange to be filming on a boat with a striped sail with UA and Saints logos on it if it was meant to be entirely serious, because that's just a little bit ridiculous...