The Rather Previous 2016/17 Saints Kit Thread

The9

Thanks - What's with the weird white bit?

They needed something to stop it being identical to the new Wales kit. As I have one of those I should point out that that collar is just weird - the white bit serves absolutely no purpose and just sits there, unconnected to the rest of the collar. It's weird and pointless.

Surely the whole back doesn't have to be blank, just the portion where the numbers are. European clubs with stripes have been successfully doing this for decades. If done right, I don't see what the issue is.

Even the Stoke kit adhering to the new rules is striped across the bottom.

The Premier League has properly ballsed up with their rebrand, missing timescales for the plain back (thankfully) and, because clubs are already shirt printing next season's kits with the old number and name styles, they're now holding off replacing those for at least a year too.

Anyway, one thing that does mean is that unless we've gone for a plain panel already, we'll have a "European kit" this season, whether it is the same design with a panel, or a completely different shirt.

so if we DO have to switch to a solid colour back...

what is everybody's preference? i cant decide, but leaning to red (COYR etc)

Either Red or white, depending on the style of the rest of the kit. I'd even go for a black patch with white name and number for an ultra-old school look, not that Saints ever used a black one.

I don't know. There were a couple of nice sash kits this season. Didn't Palace have one?

No, Palace had one with a red/blue vertical stripe on a white shirt. Which they wore in the last competitive match played at St Mary's. Next season they have a yellow shirt with red/blue sash though. It looks just about ok with co-ordinated advert colours.

CPFC-Away-Kit-16-17.jpg

Completely pointless fact but Southampton Solent University football team wear Under Armour kit I saw last week. Considering it's probably just bog-standard catalogue teamwear it was really smart, and seemed very fitted.

Southampton University's Lacrosse team do as well (spotted one at the Eddie Izzard gig at the Nuffield last week). We had mismatched Spall shirts and Umbro shorts when I was there, ffs.

Spurs Away leak to go with the home one:

1617_20Away_20kit_20leak_20-_20Imgur.0.jpg

That collar appears to be a "thing". I notice they both have last season's Prem badges on, so who knows how legit they are - but that's the same home shirt from at least two sources now.

I wonder if our shoulders will be red or white... :D

Edited by The9

Spurs Away leak to go with the home one:

1617_20Away_20kit_20leak_20-_20Imgur.0.jpg

That collar appears to be a "thing". I notice they both have last season's Prem badges on, so who knows how legit they are - but that's the same home shirt from at least two sources now.

I wonder if our shoulders will be red or white... :D

Looks like those ones have been knocked up in some back street in China, shirts basically look the same style but guess the sponsor logo would be at the same level on the real thing

Those Spurs shirts are bootlegs, just look at the wonky PL badges among other things.

That said, could be bootlegs based from the actual shirts. Probably are.

The home kit's definitely based on the actual shirt, that's already been leaked. The away colours were leaked in November, the style is probably right too, though the original article says the Spurs badge is going to be gold. http://www.footyheadlines.com/2015/11/leaked-tottenhams-16-17-home-and-away-kits-are-sure-to-be-classy.html

It's also a couple of years old.

Their new one is this, as seen earlier in the thread. Rubbish high round neck collar.

sao-paulo-2016-17-home-kit.jpg

Shorts (can't see much) and socks in this pic:

2016-17-Sao-Paulo-Home-Kit-1-2-Internacional.jpg

Edited by The9

Forgive the lazy colouring in, but a bit like this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2007[/ATTACH]

Yes, spot on.

Brings back memories of a sunny Dell day in August 1980, Keegan's debut and Channon scoring twice.

I don't like the random black bits. Guess they'll never please everyone!

I do find it odd they haven't done the xerox/air florida styles again though. Guess it's fear over sales, keep it safe and stick to stripes. Annoys me Cortese's switch to red might have put us off deviating from stripes again with so many fans complaining. I don't even like the stripes! So long as it's red and white with black or navy shorts it'll be Saints. Wouldn't mind halves one season too.

I mean now we've all just accepted it's a different shirt every season at all clubs, surely it's fine to mess with the design properly?? It amazes me the nerve of Liverpool and Chelsea where the shirts really seem 99% the same every season.

To be fair Chelsea's kit this year is quite different, very old school with the lion all over in, but Liverpool's has been virtually identical every season.

Why can't we just find a kit we all like and stick with it?

I would like the next 30 season's kits to be identical apart from a small area of the right hand side.

Then when I hang them all together in my wardrobe they make up a giant picture of Les Reed.

I would like the next 30 season's kits to be identical apart from a small area of the right hand side.

Then when I hang them all together in my wardrobe they make up a giant picture of Les Reed.

[emoji108] [emoji7] [emoji23]

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

As much as I would love to claim ITK status, I posted that on behalf of another poster (keithmorg98) who was having a spot of bother posting images. :)

I was reading through possible sponsors and picked that one by luck. The designs came from this seasons UA catalogue so chances are the home shirt could be spot on, completely made up the away shirt though!