The Rather Previous 2016/17 Saints Kit Thread

The9

We had the same sort of strip in our Euro 'campaign' in the 2003/4 season. I have said shirt, signed by the whole team and the manager. But it was only for Europe, we had a normal strip for the league.

The point he was making was that the Prem had changed their rules. Which the Sunderland kit pretty much proves isn't the case. Numerous teams have had different domestic and Euro shirts, it's practically an excuse to bring out a new kit nowadays. Even Hull did it.

Spurs deal with UA expires end of next season, strongly linked with long term Nike deal. Sounds like our home kit will launch early July

One lucky fan will win a once in a lifetime trip to go to Baltimore :lol: oh and bring home the new kit, week commencing 20th June. So likely end June.

I think we should nominate The9

Very kind but as I'm at the Euros that week I'll give it a miss. Plus I can't be arsed to upload a sucking up video telling the club why I deserve to go, etc. Send a teenager that's got the time. :D

I'm not big on that kind of thing tbh, happy to see a leak or whatever, don't need to be part of the actual thing.

PS yeah, the Spurs pic was leaked a couple of pages back.

I hope we're sponsored by 'Boing Cemento' ... sounds awesome, whatever the smeg it is.

They've been sponsoring Cruz Azul for years, I was in Mexico in early 2008 and they were sponsoring them even then.

FWIW Liverpool are wearing their new kit tonight - I was watching for 20 minutes before I noticed, which tells you everything about how distinctive and unique it is compared to last season's.

Leicester also busted out their new kit on Saturday night, we also got to see the new Premier League (Champions) badges, albeit only on Bocelli's shirt during the pre-match show, because the Leicester players all had this season's branding on their shirts.

Ooh, Chelsea goal, good news for Saints. :)

Just out of interest, further to the stripes on the back thing, West Brom's new shirt (Adidas) is striped on the front and plain white on the back.

west-bromwich-albion-2016-2017-adidas-kit-7.jpg?resize=360%2C245

Edited by The9

Completely pointless fact but Southampton Solent University football team wear Under Armour kit I saw last week. Considering it's probably just bog-standard catalogue teamwear it was really smart, and seemed very fitted.

The premier league directive on plain backs comes in 2017/18 apparently

Hmm, we're not going to like that. A good Rank Xerox style kit in 2017/18 would be a good way to deal with that.

If anyone mourned the loss of the Adidas contract then look no further than the New Manure away kit..... which is .... Disgusting.

The blue marl one? I like it, and it's better than this season's gradated shorts efforts.

Completely pointless fact but Southampton Solent University football team wear Under Armour kit I saw last week. Considering it's probably just bog-standard catalogue teamwear it was really smart, and seemed very fitted.

It will certainly be bog standard catalogue teamwear, but their bog standard teamwear is pretty nice.

Here's the 2016 catalogue (warning pdf!)

Just out of interest, further to the stripes on the back thing, West Brom's new shirt (Adidas) is striped on the front and plain white on the back.

west-bromwich-albion-2016-2017-adidas-kit-7.jpg?resize=360%2C245

Imagine only having those three players to help flog your ****ty shirts. All that TV money and all you have is a Fletcher.

Talking kits I see the club have re-released the sash shirt as a retro kit, along with the Friends Provident shirt of 99-01.

Where have you seen that ?

Edit: just seen it on the Saints site.

Shame they're still selling the Rank Xerox/Keegan home as a retro though as this suggests it won't be the design next season in a new format.

Edited by Badger

Not sure of any other reasoning other than contractual but not a big fan of how late we have left it in recent seasons to announce the details of the new kit.

Agreed, always thought it would make sense from a business point of view to carry on what we started in 01 and wear the new kit for the final home game of the season and release it soon after. Noticed Leicester did this against Everton last week.

Edit: just realised it'll be hard when there's different manufacturers involved, guess there nothing against unveiling the kit and selling it straight after the season has finished though.

Edited by bpsaint

I bought some never-released and never worn alternate white away shorts in the Megastore yesterday... well seriously, what else could these be?

13255996_10153559981436931_7525130143358850307_n.jpg?oh=bd74c46e298e5f157747847f359f1bd2&oe=579C4BBF

There will be another concourse sale, because the shorts were labelled "Concourse sale £5" and they absolutely were not in the last concourse sale.

Edited by The9

To stop any BS I actually think they're probably design student photoshops, strange thing is, they come both from totally different unrelated sources in different continents.

They are absolutely utter bo110cks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1988[/ATTACH]

L U S H

Had our adidas kit lasted another season I have no doubt we'd basically have the West Brom kit in red and white, with red or white adidas stripes down the sides depending on which colour the side bits were.

There's nothing remotely exciting about that Bayern shirt though, it's the same as everything else adidas have done, probably with a different collar.