The Rather Previous 2016/17 Saints Kit Thread

The9

Colo Colo 2016 away kit is the same style as current Spurs away too:

16COLOCOLOLK2.jpg

As is the keeper shirt:

16COLOCOLOLK3.jpg

In short, dunno if it's because of the time frame of the Chilean football season or because Under Armour are using kits over 2 years, but the biggest team in Chile are wearing an old Spurs style.

I think you are talking to yourself at the mo

Says the man who just responded. :o

It's also the first post in this thread for 2 months, so it's hardly like I've been repetitively spamming threads with, say, stuff about Pelle being immobile... :D

Under armour kits really look fookin dreadful.

I agree, I think they look so cheap.... defo not a fan. I haven't bought a shirt for about 15 years, but I still like to see us wearing a nice kit :)

And just to back up what many have already suggested, I can 100% confirm it us UA for us next year.

• 4 weeks later...
I heard this rumour from someone the other day, he told me it was going to be worth 10m a season or something.

It's all but confirmed that it is Under Armour.

What will interest me is what it is worth to the club. Anything over and above what we received from Adidas this season can go on increasing the wage budget under FFP and that is key to us pushing on.

It's all but confirmed that it is Under Armour.

What will interest me is what it is worth to the club. Anything over and above what we received from Adidas this season can go on increasing the wage budget under FFP and that is key to us pushing on.

How much do we get from Adidas?

I heard this rumour from someone the other day, he told me it was going to be worth 10m a season or something.

That is what they are paying Tottenham, I doubt we'd get the same level but would be extremely impressive from the commercial team at the club if they did...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1364276/Tottenham-announce-50m-kit-deal-Under-Armour.html

I like under armour stuff so I can now buy it again cos I couldn't since they sponsored spurs.

Isn't Veho up this year as well, wonder who and how much we will get for our next ones ? expecting it to be 3-4mil.

Totally agree with the top bit. UA base layers are the best you can get but I always twinge putting mine on for the Spurs connection.

Also, if we change sponsor I do hope he keep a close relationship with Veho as a club.

I see the moaning has begun already :lol:

'I want personalised kits for Saints, not a Template!' Says Person A, then when we get personalised kits made just for us 'Don't like that manufacturer! Won't be buying!' by Person B, if there's one thing I've learnt having been on this forum for far too many years, it's that the Kit designers/manufacturers will never win all the Saints fans over no matter how good or bad their design is. The only one that has universal appeal is the 125 year Sash shirt I believe, every other kit before and after has proven divisive.

We've known its going to be Under Armour now for quite some time let's be honest, pleased the Club appear to have sewn up the deal despite our precarious position in the league.

Edited by BlakeySFC

Personally underwhelmed by Under Armour, I quite like the Adidas training gear and the shirts are decent.

This is a great move by the club imo. Under Armour are a huge brand and will soon surpass Nike and Adidas as the worlds #1 sports brand. This has been touted in the media in recent days/weeks because they are investing in so many different marketplaces. I think they will help market the Southampton brand especially in the US which is a well publicised strategy for the club. There golf apparell is awesome.

The only one that has universal appeal is the 125 year Sash shirt I believe, every other kit before and after has proven divisive

Simple solution then? Bring back the sash I for one would fully support that decision that kit also felt really good quality I'm so pleased I snapped one up.

I'm staying with my girlfriend at the moment so I've only got my Photoshop-less laptop with me so this was the best I could do with an online image editor - there's no point in trying to change the badge without a mouse and decent software.

Under Armour 2.jpg

Under Armour 1 .jpg

Edited by igsey

Seems to be all but done. Confirmed by some on twitter that are close to the club.

For what it's worth, I love their training gear. Always pick stone up when in the states. Plus it's a Lil different to your stock standard stuff.

This is a great move by the club imo. Under Armour are a huge brand and will soon surpass Nike and Adidas as the worlds #1 sports brand. This has been touted in the media in recent days/weeks because they are investing in so many different marketplaces. I think they will help market the Southampton brand especially in the US which is a well publicised strategy for the club. There golf apparell is awesome.

Highly unlikely, Nike and Adidas have 50-60 year histories in sports wear and billions worth in contracts, Adidas also owning Reebok and Taylor-Made. When you consider the number of new kid on the block sports brands who have tried to come in and break the duopoly, how many have succeeded? None. They all end up settling for far smaller dividends or focussing on niche markets. Put it this way, in 2014, UA made $700million, Nike and Adidas combined made $46 billion.....

UA are trying hard to break into footie... And are well capitalised... So makes a lot of sense that they would pay more than Nike/Adidas to get another foot in PL door... So fair play if this is true... I'd quite like a return to the Admiral style kit...just so that it's something different...

Any news on this yet 9er?

It's getting to that time where it must be all signed off on already for it to be produced ready for the season.

Also other teams are starting to have their kits leaked. Not that we ever do, Les makes sure of tha .