The Rather Previous 2016/17 Saints Kit Thread

The9

Any news on this yet 9er?

It's getting to that time where it must be all signed off on already for it to be produced ready for the season.

Also other teams are starting to have their kits leaked. Not that we ever do, Les makes sure of tha .

We did last year! All the UA shirts out so far are for South America and last year's style, not seen a legit 2016/17 leak for Under Armour.

Try this ...... yes it worked. :smug: think it's a "fan fiction" effort but I like it, very 70s retro. WIll we have new sponsor next year?

12642833_1546925882288590_4993342070985610582_n.jpg?oh=b6e639a437387d6f37a062c393b01bbb&oe=57402CA4

Don't like it. As ever with these threads I'll say what I always say - a version of the Xerox early 80's kit or a sash please.

Some of the under armour gear is really good and is getting as good if not better than Nike or adidas so hope the saints shop has more than just team kit as you can't really get it in any other shops. Excited about all the new things we could be doing with saints clothing if they are as ambitious as under armour

Some of the under armour gear is really good and is getting as good if not better than Nike or adidas so hope the saints shop has more than just team kit as you can't really get it in any other shops. Excited about all the new things we could be doing with saints clothing if they are as ambitious as under armour

Being a fat lad I thought UA would not be for me, but I recently ended up with a couple of their Golf shirts due to Nike and Adidas annually dicking around with their sizing, very nice quality.

Under Armor are a great American company. I think we'll end up excited where this partnership takes us. I've seen the designs. The red and white striped shirts look awesome. Not quite quite sure yet about the blue shorts with the white stars.

Well, it didn't do the Harlem Globetrotters any harm, they are still unbeaten!

Don't like it. As ever with these threads I'll say what I always say - a version of the Xerox early 80's kit or a sash please.

Like you, I hope for this to be used again, but I suspect the more unimaginative r&w stripes i the mock up to be more likely.

Not sure how the sash from UA might look, it could just be a rehashing of the spurs type shirt, and I don't particularly want to look as if we've just copied their kit.

I'd like us to look back at our history a bit more. Perhaps dark blue shorts. Although I'd also love to see the 80's Xerox or candy stripe kits make a return. There must be some logical explanation why the club don't do this as I'm sure they'd be huge sellers. Also, perhaps some vintage away kits.

I often wonder just how many sets of kit are supplied throughout the club, just seeing the options given to Charlie Austin alone make the eyes water. Also, driving past Solent Uni I notice that the sports students all wear the red Saints kit, is that part of the "uniform" for those studying sports science or whatever.

Cos as you know after 10 years of these threads, it's what people would like not a guess of what's its going to be

Same posts every year. Then you make the same comment. Then I make the same comment on your comment and we all go home happy. Except for Turkish who thinks it was better in 2006 and alpine who can't fit in under armours xxxxl

Laugh.

Cos as you know after 10 years of these threads, it's what people would like not a guess of what's its going to be

Same posts every year. Then you make the same comment. Then I make the same comment on your comment and we all go home happy. Except for Turkish who thinks it was better in 2006 and alpine who can't fit in under armours xxxxl

Made me chuckle.

• 1 month later...

Advice please people- do I buy 2015/16 kit for my father or 2016/17 kit next season?

Key Points:

1) Addidas or Under Armour? Addidas clearly bigger but who would do better kits? Adidas have better quality or?

2) Will the new PL badge now be on sleeves of shirts? In all honestly it looks ugly (the new one), and one might be better off with this season?

3) Any indication of new sponsor? Or do I just buy the 2015/16 one.

Decisions decisions lol.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3482827/Tottenham-talks-30m-year-suppliers-deal-sportswear-giants-Nike.html

Spurs asking for £30m a year.

Their UA deal was £10m a year, signed in 2011.

With Villa going down and rumoured to be going UA next year we could be their only PL side. Wonder what sort of figures it would be worth to us?

Any idea what Adidas pay us at the moment? I guess it's tricky to work out as we had a break for a season.

Any idea what Adidas pay us at the moment? I guess it's tricky to work out as we had a break for a season.

Can't imagine the fee paid to Spurs will have any impact on our kit deal. We aren't going to sell anywhere near the amount Spurs do, and the press w**k over them at any opportunity so that's a lot of extra positive 'brand' exposure.

Under Armour are doing well in the US and will probably pay us more than adidas, and probably give us a unique shirt as that's what they do with all their kits from a look at their other team stuff.

Still no word from the club about kit supplier or sponsor. Some people mentioned that it was around this time of year the rumours were pretty much verified that we would be using to Adidas, last time we switched.

Still no word from the club about kit supplier or sponsor. Some people mentioned that it was around this time of year the rumours were pretty much verified that we would be using to Adidas, last time we switched.

It's just bad form to talk about your next sponsor when you still have 3-4 months on the current deal. Would probably result in financial penalties.

almost identical to the 96/97 kit - it's ok but would prefer the xerox design

Many people , me included, say the same thing year after year, but expect to be disappointed again. Kit designers , sash aside, tend to overlook this and previous kits, but prefer to tinker with the stripes.

• 3 weeks later...

interesting thread... UA have shown lack of expertise in the UK market with regards football deals. For a start they should have lined up 2 or 3 deals , not just pinned their hopes on Spurs. Now that spurs are possibly going to jump ship from that deal [ Nike would pay over the odds to allow them to pay their way out ] , Saints could end up with either a great deal and a decent kit run with UA , or the opposite if UA ( as Pony did ) decided that this market is not worth the effort.... Saints illustrated that big established brands are not interested really in the "smaller clubs" with Adidas taking the **** with their laughable season 1 effort and this years fab 1st team kit only to be supported with training wear with no stitched badges... Would perhaps have been a better business decision to support a smaller but established footballing kit brand that has a lineage for quality... Hummel springs to mind but there are a few others....

interesting thread... UA have shown lack of expertise in the UK market with regards football deals. For a start they should have lined up 2 or 3 deals , not just pinned their hopes on Spurs. Now that spurs are possibly going to jump ship from that deal [ Nike would pay over the odds to allow them to pay their way out ] , Saints could end up with either a great deal and a decent kit run with UA , or the opposite if UA ( as Pony did ) decided that this market is not worth the effort.... Saints illustrated that big established brands are not interested really in the "smaller clubs" with Adidas taking the **** with their laughable season 1 effort and this years fab 1st team kit only to be supported with training wear with no stitched badges... Would perhaps have been a better business decision to support a smaller but established footballing kit brand that has a lineage for quality... Hummel springs to mind but there are a few others....

They're getting us, Spurs and (Championship) Villa next season, amongst others. Seems to be working for them. UA's kit quality will be at least as good as adidas' as well, plus the rarity value means we're far more likely to have actual Saints designed stuff rather than a template you see on literally hundreds of teams. As for Hummel, they make awfully designed kits and are nowadays basically a teamwear supplier with one or two Scandinavian exceptions.

They're getting us, Spurs and (Championship) Villa next season, amongst others. Seems to be working for them. UA's kit quality will be at least as good as adidas' as well, plus the rarity value means we're far more likely to have actual Saints designed stuff rather than a template you see on literally hundreds of teams. As for Hummel, they make awfully designed kits and are nowadays basically a teamwear supplier with one or two Scandinavian exceptions.

Under Armour are definitely ambitious, and you can tell by who they sponsor in the US and who they manufacture kits for (not just in our football) that they're a company on the up. Just like Nike years ago, they weren't a football 'brand' and look at them now!

• 2 weeks later...

Good good. Also interesting to see Spurs are flogging off their current kit at 50% off, so we might see more concourse sales like the recent one in the future too (there may be another this summer to shift the 2015/16 adidas stuff as there wasn't any in the one last week).

Good good. Also interesting to see Spurs are flogging off their current kit at 50% off, so we might see more concourse sales like the recent one in the future too (there may be another this summer to shift the 2015/16 adidas stuff as there wasn't any in the one last week).

Unless I've misread it, isn't there 50% some of the team and training kit on the OS Club Shop at the moment? Not that fussed on the kits this season but the away would be OK for £25 and the polos aren't bad at all.

Unless I've misread it, isn't there 50% some of the team and training kit on the OS Club Shop at the moment? Not that fussed on the kits this season but the away would be OK for £25 and the polos aren't bad at all.

Yeah, they were 35% off in the store for the concourse sale, they're half price now as of last Thursday, but they're probably still going to have some left to flog at £10 in a few weeks - albeit mostly in 2XL and larger or youth sizes like they usually do... but there are often one or two M/L/XLs in there early on.

FWIW Cortese's legacy was on full show at the last concourse sale...

12987120_10153491454821931_3338275878311653505_n.jpg?oh=1a28a26dbd4dd802f0e0a5206b26a899&oe=57872970

Yeah, they were 35% off in the store for the concourse sale, they're half price now as of last Thursday, but they're probably still going to have some left to flog at £10 in a few weeks - albeit mostly in 2XL and larger or youth sizes like they usually do... but there are often one or two M/L/XLs in there early on.

FWIW Cortese's legacy was on full show at the last concourse sale...

12987120_10153491454821931_3338275878311653505_n.jpg?oh=1a28a26dbd4dd802f0e0a5206b26a899&oe=57872970

Surprised the Asian market haven't snapped that lot up.

Obviously playing in plain red shirts is all thats needed to create interest in the Far East and be succesful on the pitch as both Cardiff and Leicester testify.