The Rather Previous 2016/17 Saints Kit Thread

The9

I don't get why people care this much. Think it looks alright , but not really gonna make a difference to how we play this year . At least have a meltdown over something slightly more important

I don't think people are having a meltdown in this thread, I'd say it's more lighthearted than the new manager thread.

Villa UA kits now officially released. Same as leak. Bit meh!

I quite like the way they've blatantly ripped off their old 2000ish away shirt.

Also hardly a surprise given that the leak was photos of their club shop with posters up!

Edited by The9

But the 1 thing you DO know would make it a worse looking kit than the bra kit... the white box for the logo.

#BraGate

Nah. A white box will be ok if done well. No excuse next year though when they'll have known the sponsor in advance and be able to include it in the design.

Than how your team looks? Makes a big difference. It shouldn't perhaps, but analysing anything in football is rarely a good idea when it comes to logic. I have no idea why I care, but I do.

Mainly I'm just bewildered by how many suppliers produce utterly awful kits when it's so simple to get right, as proven by countless amateurs with their templates every summer.

IMO most fans want their team to look slick and smart and not wearing bras, whether they intend to buy the shirt or not.

I understand what you mean and I agree. I don't think the design is that bad if I'm honest.If we do well the memories of that kit will be positive as it is synonymous with the success and therefore probably cherished

Alarm bells ringing that their training wear only has ankle socks and no full length ones, which might mean the full length black socks in the Saints videos ARE also the away socks, so the bib kit leak could be accurate... :o

Edited by The9

Alarm bells ringing that their training wear only has ankle socks and no full length ones, which might mean the dull length black socks in the Saints videos ARE also the away socks, so the bib kit leak could be accurate... :o

Good spot. The leak has certainly got the socks spot on!

Alarm bells ringing that their training wear only has ankle socks and no full length ones, which might mean the dull length black socks in the Saints videos ARE also the away socks, so the bib kit leak could be accurate... :o

That image of the yacht sail is also stuck in my head, the shape of the White band across it with the saints and UA motif, surely that is a big pointer?

That image of the yacht sail is also stuck in my head, the shape of the White band across it with the saints and UA motif, surely that is a big pointer?

I'd heard the white band was for the sponsor, which would be another way of looking at it.

Not sure why they can't use the template seen in the Japanese kits earlier (ones that look like potential Coventry & Luton strips). Red and white instead of the dark/light shades. Seems like a no-brainer, but instead we're getting some weird looking bra across the top...

I'm sure it's still better than the all red kits, but just a bit frustrating...

Striped back, or at least the top of the back visible through the collar is striped...

Screenshot_2016-07-02-14-18-48.jpg

Also interested if these are the shorts... Nowhere on the shirt has a black background with white logo and there's a red/white side panel here...

Screenshot_2016-07-02-14-18-23.jpg

**** me have you lot never seen a bra, it doesn't look anything like one and its on the wrong bit of the chest.

Sports bra, not one of those fancy Victoria's Secret bombshell plus two cups ones. I think us getting plus two cups should be regarded as a good thing. :D

The evolution of our new kit is often:

1) Seeing cool fan-designs and getting hopes up.

2) Seeing a leaked image of something that can't be real because the fan designs are much better.

3) Finding out the leaked image is real.

4) Mass hysteria.

5) The new design looking better in person & growing on you.

1-4 spot on, 5 very rarely true. I regularly see it for the first time in a shop window and it's worse than I thought!

I'd agree on certain kits actually. I was specifically thinking about last season's green one - that looked much better in person.

New kit looks awful to be honest, when i see a clean simple design from Villa and Spurs i wonder why we have such a mess.

Why dont we have a flat design for the away and again have this bra look.

Club badge looks too big on all training kit.