Post-Match Reaction: SAINTS 1-1 FC Midtjylland

Saint-Armstrong

MotM vs FC Midtjylland (Europa League Play-off 1st Leg Home)  

251 members have voted

1. 1. MotM vs FC Midtjylland (Europa League Play-off 1st Leg Home)

• Stekelenburg
    • Targett
    • Yoshida
    • Fonte
    • Caulker
    • Wanyama
    • Romeu
    • Ward-Prowse
    • Mané
    • Rodriguez
    • Pellè
    • Long
    • Juanmi

This. He was definitely ok on Thursday. Think some people see something one game and imagine it in others. He did bottle a challenge or two against Everton but only after he was booked, it was to do with ensuring he did not get sent off. Actually he was better attacking as well, some decent balls into the box. He gets compared to Shaw who never managed a goal or assist as far as I recall.

So because neither he nor Shaw managed a goal or an assist they are equal? Fullbacks are there to defend and protect the flanks first, anything else is a bonus. I cannot imagine Targett ever being as good as Shaw but that's not his fault, that's just the way it is.

People on here seem to be defending Targett on what appears to be purely emotional grounds, as well as the idea that as he's young, they morally 'ought to'.

It looks like its got to a stage where no-one is actually, when you get right down to it, able to deny that he's a massive weakness at the moment. Regardless of whether or not you think he could improve to a level where one day in the future, things might be different.

People on here seem to be defending Targett on what appears to be purely emotional grounds, as well as the idea that as he's young, they morally 'ought to'.

It looks like its got to a stage where no-one is actually, when you get right down to it, able to deny that he's a massive weakness at the moment. Regardless of whether or not you think he could improve to a level where one day in the future, things might be different.

I think most people are defending Targett on the grounds that he's the back up left back and some of the criticism has been completely disproportionate. I don't think he's a "massive weakness", and I've been saying he's not good enough for 18 months.

He can still improve and playing those kind of matches will help with that. At the moment he's nothing like as good as Bertrand, not sure why he'd be expected to be when we clearly bought someone because he wasn't good enough at the time, but only one thing he did on Thursday even contributed to the creation of a chance, never mind a goal.

I've said on more than one occasion he is our weak point. He sticks out like a sore thumb.

So because neither he nor Shaw managed a goal or an assist they are equal? Fullbacks are there to defend and protect the flanks first, anything else is a bonus. I cannot imagine Targett ever being as good as Shaw but that's not his fault, that's just the way it is.

Come on Whitey, expect better of you. I never said that.

Come on Whitey, expect better of you. I never said that.

My apologies Wighty, I didn't mean to belittle you, I was just trying to take your last point to its logical extremities. It's inevitable that Targett will be compared to Shaw but first and foremost we should be comparing their defensive capabilities. Anything else is a bonus.

I think we'll see a steady improvement with targett, some take a bit longer to learn the game at 1st team level. It's obvious teams are targeting him as a weakness, so he's getting a rough ride from oppos at the moment, but will be valuable experience. Seems to play with a smile on his face too which is nice to see.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

So what part in particular is crap?

Les didn't say we are a "showcase club"?

Rickie didn't say "it could have been so different"?

We're not up on transfer dealings to the tune of 40m+ over the last year while the playing squad gets progressively worse?

If you don't match the drive and ambition of driven and ambitious athletes they'll go somewhere that will?

Most of the ethos this club has been rebuilt on over the last 5 years hasn't been consigned to the garbage can?

Sure, the talk's there, but the walk's long gone, that went with Cortese and Potchitino. As their influence fades we're left with Les's faffing, Ralphs waffle and a man in a grey suit...Oh and Kat's ever bulging purse full of transfer fees.

Don't worry, you'll probably get it one day

With a legend of the game and gentlemen Ronald Koeman as a manager. I think I'll believe his judgement of the ambition of the club over your absolute crap!

Sisto is top class, but has only turned 20 ... so in some games he only show his exceptional skills a few times, while in other games he makes all the difference ... He is 3 years younger than Eriksen, but with the same kind of talent and skills ... this is from last year, when he was only 19 :

[video=youtube;jp-kJS114uM]

Sign him up! Although he looks like he could possibly be 29 not 19 ;)