Time to think about a change?

mattyd

I'm not sure changing regularly helps long term. You have to put up with a poor season every now and then IMO.

BUT, you also have to be confident they can turn it round. Mourinho, I have no doubts that over the summer he'd have had a clear out and had Chelsea competing for the title again next season. With Koeman now? I don't know, I'm losing confidence in him.

The excuses and negativity are really annoying. Apparently our expectations are too high? Well what were they exactly? For me it was a good european run while maintaining mid-table form and playing some decent football. I accept a player might leave, all I want is decent investment each summer, quality over quantity. The quantity should come from the academy, it boosts the crowd too, people like seeing youngsters come through. Why on earth you wouldn't give Stephens or Turnbull a chance rather than Caulker I have no idea. Waste of thousands and thousands of pounds a week and gaining us absolutely zero points.

We shouldn't just be looking to replace players we should be improving. We signed hopeful players for the future, or cheap options. We had clear problems with Davis being no goal threat, Tadic being too inconsistent for our only playmaker, and Pelle not being mobile enough. Yet we did nothing about those problems.

If Koeman's response to poor form is to go more negative, to pack the midfield, play 3 DMs, then I'd rather he left. The freezing out of Ramirez when the first team is so poor creatively and everyone is so off form is bewildering. Why sign Juanmi and never play him? Why play Long and expect anything different to what he's done the previous 4 or 5 years in the premier league?

Add in the loss of form for Fonte, Wanyama simply not looking up for it and Mane not scoring much, and we're in trouble. The club needs a lift, it needs positivity and energy from Koeman, ambition in the transfer market and more bold consistent selections and tactics.

The last time we had a manger who trotted out such negativity was Redknapp. We all know how that ended.

Jan is a crucial month

play Norwich away with 3 home games on the bounce (1 being in the cup)

The 4 league games..

Norwich away

Watford home

WBA home

United away

got to be getting 6 points from that lot...

We should aim for 9 points, assuming that Manure pick up form. I am going to Carrow Road. Unfortunately, Norwich are showing signs of getting their act together.

Midfield has the consistency of Candy Floss, that's what needs to change.

and as RK has said we are too nice we just accept the refs decisions instead of getting in his ear like most other teams, yesterday Dembele, I think was constantly chirping at Friend. (Tadic waving the invisible card around is too far the other way though).

............ Or is our current demise a plan to get us to spent some proper money in January.

That's the straw I'm clinging to. It's all part of Sir Ronald's cunning plan for Kat to open her purse in January. :thumbup:

I'm not sure changing regularly helps long term. You have to put up with a poor season every now and then IMO.

BUT, you also have to be confident they can turn it round. Mourinho, I have no doubts that over the summer he'd have had a clear out and had Chelsea competing for the title again next season. With Koeman now? I don't know, I'm losing confidence in him.

The excuses and negativity are really annoying. Apparently our expectations are too high? Well what were they exactly? For me it was a good european run while maintaining mid-table form and playing some decent football. I accept a player might leave, all I want is decent investment each summer, quality over quantity. The quantity should come from the academy, it boosts the crowd too, people like seeing youngsters come through. Why on earth you wouldn't give Stephens or Turnbull a chance rather than Caulker I have no idea. Waste of thousands and thousands of pounds a week and gaining us absolutely zero points.

We shouldn't just be looking to replace players we should be improving. We signed hopeful players for the future, or cheap options. We had clear problems with Davis being no goal threat, Tadic being too inconsistent for our only playmaker, and Pelle not being mobile enough. Yet we did nothing about those problems.

If Koeman's response to poor form is to go more negative, to pack the midfield, play 3 DMs, then I'd rather he left. The freezing out of Ramirez when the first team is so poor creatively and everyone is so off form is bewildering. Why sign Juanmi and never play him? Why play Long and expect anything different to what he's done the previous 4 or 5 years in the premier league?

Add in the loss of form for Fonte, Wanyama simply not looking up for it and Mane not scoring much, and we're in trouble. The club needs a lift, it needs positivity and energy from Koeman, ambition in the transfer market and more bold consistent selections and tactics.

A lot of common sense in here.

This

The problem for us is that Koeman will not sign a new contract. He is a gentleman and tells us that he will honour is current agreement but the players are not stupid and know that he is on his way out in the next 18 months. You cannot gain momentum or build spirit in these conditions. When Strachan announced he would leave at the end of the season he ended up having to go sooner because everyone gave up. My suspicion is that this is once again an issue. The remedy is quite straight forward; get Koeman to sign a new contract and the whole club would get a lift. He can then behave like all of the others and leave if someone comes in for him mid-contract.

Martinez had a good first season at Everton , struggled the second season , but seems to be getting back on track this season . Maybe we'll follow a similar path and I don't recall any calls for Martinez's head during his second season. The only thing that nags away at me is Ron seemingly unwilling to extend his stay . I know its the modern way , but I can't help feeling that this is leading to drift and compliancy from certain players .