Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

Indeed.

I am fortunate to have a 2nd, non-British, passport. I can't really determine from the Inter website whether I will be able to buy a ticket in Milan from one of their agents, using this passport. I can speak pretty good Italian, so I may be able to get someone I know in Milan to buy a ticket, but will I get in with it, would it be printed with the Italian's ID details?

Either way, I am reasonably confident that I will get in, despite being unlikely to get an away ticket. I had hoped that going to Israel might have given a pass for Milan, but I suppose the fact that Prague is a certainty post-Israel means I should stop being greedy and count my blessings...

All tickets will have ID details on them but you may be interested in this section about transferring tickets on their website: http://www.inter.it/en/cessione/1

So it would seem that it is possible for somebody to buy a ticket and then transfer it into your name. Of course there is always the possibility that some local decree will prevent you attending but I would think that if you use your non-UK passport you will have no problems in your own name anyway.

A few days ago I went through a trial run of purchasing a ticket for Inter v Hapoel BS and putting my nationality as Israeli. I got as far as the payment details without any problems. I am monitoring the Inter site daily waiting for our match there to appear and then we should find out. Whatever happens I shall be in Verona on the Wednesday before the match and I may try one of the ticket agencies there.

We've (me and my 2 lads) have come to the conclusion we are unlikely to get in the home end now. That's not to say we won't try and secure tickets on the day. Fall back option is a local bar and looking for suggestions where to meet like minded people.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

We've (me and my 2 lads) have come to the conclusion we are unlikely to get in the home end now. That's not to say we won't try and secure tickets on the day. Fall back option is a local bar and looking for suggestions where to meet like minded people.

likewise, although being within touching distance of watcing from the San Siro will be incredibly frustrating

All tickets will have ID details on them but you may be interested in this section about transferring tickets on their website: http://www.inter.it/en/cessione/1

So it would seem that it is possible for somebody to buy a ticket and then transfer it into your name. Of course there is always the possibility that some local decree will prevent you attending but I would think that if you use your non-UK passport you will have no problems in your own name anyway.

A few days ago I went through a trial run of purchasing a ticket for Inter v Hapoel BS and putting my nationality as Israeli. I got as far as the payment details without any problems. I am monitoring the Inter site daily waiting for our match there to appear and then we should find out. Whatever happens I shall be in Verona on the Wednesday before the match and I may try one of the ticket agencies there.

I expect you will have absolutely no problem buying a ticket with British ID details - either online or in one of the outlets in Italy. The issue will be whether or not you are checked at the gate and whether or not they enforce the "no Brits" in the home section rule.

I expect you will have absolutely no problem buying a ticket with British ID details - either online or in one of the outlets in Italy. The issue will be whether or not you are checked at the gate and whether or not they enforce the "no Brits" in the home section rule.

How will they know if you are British or not if you don't bring ID?

A friend of mine, life long Saints supporter, has lived in Israel many years. Watches Saints on few visits home, but naturally desperately wants to watch Saints at Be'er Sheva. Due to her not having season ticket she having severe difficulty getting ticket. I can get her one through my wife's season ticket, However,

Is there any security names etc. On these away tickets, How do you collect them? Will there be ticket checks at stadium etc.

There's a grotty little bar right next to the San Siro. There's not much else round there. And there won't be many good places in Milan centre for watching football either, I'm afraid.

Ah well, here's hoping they aren't too worried about checking tickets. Times like this a dual nationality would be useful!

There's a grotty little bar right next to the San Siro. There's not much else round there. And there won't be many good places in Milan centre for watching football either, I'm afraid.

Can back this up.

When I went there a couple of years ago en route to San Marino, Italy were playing Brazil in a friendly that night (think the game was in Switzerland) and yet it took us more than an hour of jumping on and off trams and wandering around to find a single bar that was showing the game, and even then the two of us made up a "crowd" in the bar of around 8 or 9 people. Whether that's just because they have such little interest in the national team beyond tournaments or not, I don't know, but there didn't even look like there were places that should show football anywhere.

Still don't actually believe they will enforce it to be honest. Personally think they put a message out simply to cover their backs in case UEFA asked questions about if they'd done due process (should there be a ton of Saints in the home end). Likewise i reckon Saints put the message out to try and put off people booking flights on the off chance (i'm not sure which club would get the fine for not controlling fans to be honest, but if it was particularly noticeable i'd guess the home club).

Also i hope that the mongs that decided to email Inter and Saints about it have learnt their lesson, next time round keep your f*cking mouths shut and go about your business quietly and everything will be fine. Don't spend half your life emailing, tweeting or messaging on facebook, the club who's home end you're trying to get into.

Genuinely baffles me how a section of our support could've been so f*cking clueless and thick.

A friend of mine, life long Saints supporter, has lived in Israel many years. Watches Saints on few visits home, but naturally desperately wants to watch Saints at Be'er Sheva. Due to her not having season ticket she having severe difficulty getting ticket. I can get her one through my wife's season ticket, However,

Is there any security names etc. On these away tickets, How do you collect them? Will there be ticket checks at stadium etc.

Be'er Sheva tickets are now on general sale, so as long as she is on the club's database, she should be able to buy a ticket. We have to collect them out in Israel anyway, so won't be a problem with postage, etc. Will just need ID that shows the correct name.

Can back this up.

When I went there a couple of years ago en route to San Marino, Italy were playing Brazil in a friendly that night (think the game was in Switzerland) and yet it took us more than an hour of jumping on and off trams and wandering around to find a single bar that was showing the game, and even then the two of us made up a "crowd" in the bar of around 8 or 9 people. Whether that's just because they have such little interest in the national team beyond tournaments or not, I don't know, but there didn't even look like there were places that should show football anywhere.

It's just Italy and its peculiarities. Lads would rather stay at home and eat momma's dinner. Different culture.

I ended up watching an Inter match in a restaurant in Milan once with a TV and paying about 12Euro for a pint because I couldn't find a decent bar. There is a big sports bar but it was shut. Don't know if it's still there.

I was in Rome in the Autumn after Italy won the world cup in 2006. They had a Euro 2008 qualifier away to France. "Great", I thought, "there will be loads of people out in the bars to watch a big match". Campo Di Fiore, me-up! It was deserted until about midnight.

They just don't "do" pubs/bars in the same way. Maybe the best bet would be to head to the student areas if you can't get in the ground. At least they might be reasonably lively for midweek.

Seriously: out of the three away games, Milan will be the least fun as a destination. It's just a prestigious club and an iconic stadium.

Edited by benjii

Still don't actually believe they will enforce it to be honest. Personally think they put a message out simply to cover their backs in case UEFA asked questions about if they'd done due process (should there be a ton of Saints in the home end). Likewise i reckon Saints put the message out to try and put off people booking flights on the off chance (i'm not sure which club would get the fine for not controlling fans to be honest, but if it was particularly noticeable i'd guess the home club).

Also i hope that the mongs that decided to email Inter and Saints about it have learnt their lesson, next time round keep your f*cking mouths shut and go about your business quietly and everything will be fine. Don't spend half your life emailing, tweeting or messaging on facebook, the club who's home end you're trying to get into.

Genuinely baffles me how a section of our support could've been so f*cking clueless and thick.

At €30 it's probably a risk worth taking to be honest.

That's the question though how likely are you to get checked?

Dunno - it's Italy. Pretty safe bet the match personnel will range from the "couldn't care less, on the phone to his mate" attendant to the highly officious, grudge-bearing little twit.

I would say it's well worth the modest ticket cost of trying, if you're going to be out there anyway!

So you can't get into the home section of Milan without showing ID?

Correct. Although how rigorously this is enforced is undetermined at the moment.

http://www.inter.it/en/stadio/ticket-FAQs

http://www.ticketbis.net/information/italian_football

http://www.wsc.co.uk/wsc-daily/1153-october-2012/9080-the-difficulties-of-buying-a-ticket-in-italy

http://www.footballinitaly.com/travelplanner.html "Important note : if you have bought your ticket in advance or plan to at the stadium, every member of your party will need to provide photographic ID to gain entry (a passport is fine for this)."

http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/id-please-italy.cfm

http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/id-please-italy.cfm "I have been asked for ID several times while at Italian football matches. I have always used my European style, UK driving license without any issues."

Please, please, pretty please with spaghetti sauce. Let's all keep this as quiet as possible shall we?

Please, please, pretty please with spaghetti sauce. Let's all keep this as quiet as possible shall we?

Sadly that horse has bolted for Inter, but i'd assume/hope no one is stupid enough to email Sparta Prague or Saints for that game (though to be fair i'll be in the away end for all the games), since i'm a hundred percent sure that the reason it became an issue is because of those people.

It's so f*cking sad that people are so desperate to be the first to post information on social media that they've maybe jeopardised the chances of many Saints fans to get in in the home ends.

I mean think about it rationally, if you're the home club and a load of away fans turn up in the away end and UEFA etc. can see you've had emails from the away fans asking about it first (that they've gone and posted on social media) then what are you going to do?

If the same fans had bought in silence and just happened to got in you could've washed your hands and said we can't know who's a Saints fan and who's an english Inter fan, and can't ban them just based on their nationality.

Like i said before i was staggered how f*cking dumb those people were, and if i was ticketless for this game i'd be pretty damn seething at them to be honest as they've risked you a chance of seeing us in the san siro.

Oh, so true. Couldn't believe what I was seeing on Twitter, with people saying they'd emailed Inter's ticket office about it. ****ing idiots.

Agreed 100%

Does anybody know the passport & numbers situation regarding hospitality . There are now 12 of us going & 11 have tickets . The one left has only 1 away , so doubtful he'll get one in home end . We're thinking of a whip round for a hospitality ticket to get him in . Can you buy them in singles to a UK passport holder ?

Our tweaked kit for the Europa League

14370021_1312412815438602_117449325469964920_n.jpg?oh=87714ab52f7f8db89d91947e70b89e37&oe=586E622D

Couldn't actually see that without cut and paste. Red back then. Probably makes sense with all the white on the front, just interested to see the font now, though Spurs will probably spoil that one tonight.

Oh, so true. Couldn't believe what I was seeing on Twitter, with people saying they'd emailed Inter's ticket office about it. ****ing idiots.

The first person to do it "confirmed" Inter had said the side stands were neutral... THAT soon changed...

http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/id-please-italy.cfm "I have been asked for ID several times while at Italian football matches. I have always used my European style, UK driving license without any issues."

I got in for a Serie A game with my driving licence, but there wasn't anything which had said "no British passports in the home end" before that one.

Be'er Sheva tickets are now on general sale, so as long as she is on the club's database, she should be able to buy a ticket. We have to collect them out in Israel anyway, so won't be a problem with postage, etc. Will just need ID that shows the correct name.

even if she is not on club database it is easy for anyone to set up new ID on there, I've done it for several people recently or alternatively she could become a Saints member if willing to pay £25

Dunno - it's Italy. Pretty safe bet the match personnel will range from the "couldn't care less, on the phone to his mate" attendant to the highly officious, grudge-bearing little twit.

Ha, ha, you're obviously talking from experience! Funniest example when I was teaching in school there was the tax official who suggested that I did private lessons and how much she paid (in cash, in the black..) for a teacher for her kid.

Using your European driving licence will be the best bet, I reckon. Hopefully we won't need bars as we'll get tickets, but the internet should help.

Thanks for that Stevegrant and oldsarum....

She is now a very chuffed owner of a ticket.....

As she lives and works over there, she is more than happy to offer any help and advice if people want it.

Buses, transport etc. Or ant other general enquiries.

Does she know Be'er Sheva well? Tips on the best place to go pre-match for beers would be good! Thanks!

Agreed 100%

Does anybody know the passport & numbers situation regarding hospitality . There are now 12 of us going & 11 have tickets . The one left has only 1 away , so doubtful he'll get one in home end . We're thinking of a whip round for a hospitality ticket to get him in . Can you buy them in singles to a UK passport holder ?

Last I heard on Inter Hospitality is they were waiting for UEFA to confirm if they could sale Hospitality to away fans

Hi....

If you have enquiries re Be'er Sheva and Israel, friend Joy Marshall lives and works in Jerusalem, and is going to match.

She is happy to try and answer questions if she can.

If you go on Facebook, ---- Only Southampton FC fans group ---- she can be found on there.

By the way

Be'er Sheva starts at 8-00pm their time ... 2 hour time difference..

OMG Just got off the phone from Inter Milan Corporate Hospitality. I have been talking to them about costs but they were still awaiting confirmation from the club and still dotn expect confirmation about Uk fans until next week. Anyway forgive my rambling (just setting the scene)!! but she said if you don't want the expense of corp then Milan are looking to release additional tickets for saints fans. Obviously I was shocked and asked her to expand and she said " we have had hundreds of calls from saints fans and the club have decided to open an tier (think she said tier 2 & 3 ) for saints fans that would be available through their website. She said that they were very aware that 5k were not enough and they are talking about releasing another 4k tickets.

I obviously asked if this was for definite and not just being spoken about and she said she had had an official email today from the club. She said it was likely to be sorted after the weekend and on their website not through saints.

No bull****, feel to call the club and enquire but it looks like anyone who wants a ticket can get one. :) (spoke with Stephanie in corp ho dept)

Apparently hospitality is only on sale to home fans.

**** that puts the mockers on our plan for our one remaining ticketless mate . I can get a Gib or Dublin address for him to use , but the ID could be a problem . Taking a chance spending all that dough . Surely neutrals on business in Milan can get in hospitality regardless of their nationality

OMG Just got off the phone from Inter Milan Corporate Hospitality. I have been talking to them about costs but they were still awaiting confirmation from the club and still dotn expect confirmation about Uk fans until next week. Anyway forgive my rambling (just setting the scene)!! but she said if you don't want the expense of corp then Milan are looking to release additional tickets for saints fans. Obviously I was shocked and asked her to expand and she said " we have had hundreds of calls from saints fans and the club have decided to open an tier (think she said tier 2 & 3 ) for saints fans that would be available through their website. She said that they were very aware that 5k were not enough and they are talking about releasing another 4k tickets.

I obviously asked if this was for definite and not just being spoken about and she said she had had an official email today from the club. She said it was likely to be sorted after the weekend and on their website not through saints.

No bull****, feel to call the club and enquire but it looks like anyone who wants a ticket can get one. :) (spoke with Stephanie in corp ho dept)

This is excellent news if it comes off.

Great news , but one thing rings a slight alarm bell with me. Why not sell through SFC , rather than on their site?