Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

As Israel tickets are still up for grabs I thought I would look at the flight options to get out there, blimey I could fly to see relatives in South Africa Premium for the prices coming back at me!!

It's a 5 hour flight direct - I think the Easyjet and Monarch prices are pretty reasonable. El Al and BA quite expensive. Luton and Manchester seem to be the best departure points for the cheaper flights but you can also go via places such as Katowice, Cluj, Istanbul if you're looking for the cheapest ones.

Good. Might even get down to ST with no aways :)

Can anybody who has received a ticket please confirm how these were delivered? I thought that I had read somewhere that they would only be sent by recorded delivery to the address of the ST holder.

They won't be delivered for ages yet. Saints won't even have them in their possession, they have to submit all of the personal information to Inter first so it can be printed on the tickets, and then they'll be sent to the club to distribute.

So, 5,017 eligible to purchase so far. With 1,900 sold that's a take up rate of 38%.

If that rate is consistent for all remaining season ticket holders, how many will will be sold to season ticket holders? i.e. how many season ticket holders are there in total? (if 20,000, for example, that would equate to 7,600 projected sales at a take up rate of 38%)

Edited by trousers

So, 5,017 eligible to purchase so far. With 1,900 sold that's a take up rate of 38%.

If that rate is consistent for all remaining season ticket holders, how many will will be sold to season ticket holders? i.e. how many season ticket holders are there in total?

Not sure you can assume a similar take up. Must be loads is ST holders who have zero interest in going to always.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

If that rate is consistent for all remaining season ticket holders, how many will will be sold to season ticket holders? i.e. how many season ticket holders are there in total?

Isn't the season ticket number at about 22,000?

So 38% of that is 8360. So likely to not make members I'd guess

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Based on the ticker numbers people have been posting up on here, are we sure that's not a typo from the club and should be 2.9k sold so far?

I would hope that they wouldn't make typos on something that they know has caused a lot of furore amongst supporters!

Isn't the season ticket number at about 22,000?

So 38% of that is 8360. So likely to not make members I'd guess

I'd of thought those that attend a fair few away games attended in the recent past were much more likely to go to Milan, so that percentage take up will naturally drop a lot once you get to zero aways.

Thursday 15th September (9am) – 2016/17 Season Ticket holders who have attended at least three domestic away games from the 2015/16 or 2016/17 seasons.

In the event that tickets remain after Thursday 15th September, a further announcement regarding ticket sales will be made.

I assume they will make that announcement around 5 or 6pm today?

they'd have gone by now if they didn't have ID on them and were easily transferable .

Oh, without a doubt. I reckon around half of the tickets for the away end at Vitesse Arnhem a year ago ended up in the hands of people other than whose season ticket was used to buy the ticket in the first place.

1. Thursday 15th September (9am) – 2016/17 Season Ticket holders who have attended at least three domestic away games from the 2015/16 or 2016/17 seasons.

2. Friday 16th September (9am) – 2016/17 Season Ticket holders who have attended at least two domestic away games from the 2015/16 or 2016/17 seasons.

3. Monday 19th September (9am) – 2016/17 Season Ticket holders who have attended at least one domestic away game from the 2015/16 or 2016/17 seasons.

4. Tuesday 20th September (9am) – 2016/17 Season Ticket holders.

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160915-europa-league-tickets-internazionale-away-updated-criteria-3308578.aspx#EvIyvJodKSPoiWDA.99

I'd of thought those that attend a fair few away games attended in the recent past were much more likely to go to Milan, so that percentage take up will naturally drop a lot once you get to zero aways.

That's a distinct possibility. However, an away trip to the San Siro might appeal more to those that don't usually do aways given the rarity and prestige of such an occasion. I'm in the "member who does c.10 homes plus 1 or 2 aways a season" camp and I'm much more interested in going away to Milan than I am to the likes of Sunderland or Stoke, for example. (yes, I'm aware that puts me firmly in the Saintsweb intelligentsia's "plastic fan" camp, but it highlights that there could well be a greater % take up from people who don't usually do aways than one might expect.)

Edited by trousers

1. Thursday 15th September (9am) – 2016/17 Season Ticket holders who have attended at least three domestic away games from the 2015/16 or 2016/17 seasons.

2. Friday 16th September (9am) – 2016/17 Season Ticket holders who have attended at least two domestic away games from the 2015/16 or 2016/17 seasons.

3. Monday 19th September (9am) – 2016/17 Season Ticket holders who have attended at least one domestic away game from the 2015/16 or 2016/17 seasons.

4. Tuesday 20th September (9am) – 2016/17 Season Ticket holders.

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160915-europa-league-tickets-internazionale-away-updated-criteria-3308578.aspx#EvIyvJodKSPoiWDA.99

A question on semantics, if I may. Does "two domestic away games from the 2015/16 or 2016/17 seasons" mean that both games must have been attended in the same season, or would someone who had attended one away game in each of the aforementioned seasons qualify as at 9am tomorrow morning?

Thanks.

A question on semantics, if I may. Does "two domestic away games from the 2015/16 or 2016/17 seasons" mean that both games must have been attended in the same season, or would someone who had attended one away game in each of the aforementioned seasons qualify as at 9am tomorrow morning?

Thanks.

I would think one from each season will be ok.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

They won't be delivered for ages yet. Saints won't even have them in their possession, they have to submit all of the personal information to Inter first so it can be printed on the tickets, and then they'll be sent to the club to distribute.

Thanks, that's more or less what I thought. I supose they would need to 'sell' all 5000 before Inter can print them. I only asked because I shall not be home to receive the special delivery before the match which makes things very complicated.

I'm sure the Saints Foundation will auction a Europa League kit off at some point

I am hoping they're not daft enough to think I have another £400 for a bit of polyester floating around with a minimum of three away trips planned in addition to the usual aways, I'm not a bloody footballer! :D

Someone has his eye on a half and half scarf tonight.

It is one of the few occasions I actually think they MIGHT be justifiable. Though this is mainly because the wife insisted on getting one in Denmark and Arnhem, people may recall I mentioned her negotiating tactic of saying "but I really want one now" when I was trying to pretend I wasn't interested to get the price down.

Based on the ticker numbers people have been posting up on here, are we sure that's not a typo from the club and should be 2.9k sold so far?

As I suggested, I don't think they started at 1 for this one. I'm going to hazard that 0-500 are reserved for travel club.

Thanks.

It'll be total aways, from either season.

That's a distinct possibility. However, an away trip to the San Siro might appeal more to those that don't usually do aways given the rarity and prestige of such an occasion. I'm in the "member who does c.10 homes plus 1 or 2 aways a season" camp and I'm much more interested in going away to Milan than I am to the likes of Sunderland or Stoke, for example. (yes, I'm aware that puts me firmly in the Saintsweb intelligentsia's "plastic fan" camp, but it highlights that there could well be a greater % take up from people who don't usually do aways than one might expect.)

Not a fan of bayesian statistics then?

I don't think there is anything "plastic" about anyone wanting to go to see the Saints San Siro. I for one think it's one of the most iconic games in our clubs history and I'm more amazed about those who aren't going.

New kit and font

CsaLdZVXYAA5cnx.jpg

A little bit misleading as Ward-Prowse is squeezed to fit the shirt. The normal font is exactly the same as the WE MARCH ON upper case text which has been used on all official club communications since July. The numbers are the same, you can see them on stuff like the seat numbers and prices on tickets on the ticket site.

And speaking of the seat number - what are we up to for Inter (and Beer Sheva for that matter?).

Does anyone know whats happening with tickets to Inter away? Couple of mates want one, so the questions are,

When will they be going on general sale?

If they don't make it to general sale, will they be able to buy on the day?

Are Inter releasing more tickets?

Thanks.

Aside from the football did anyone else find the Europa League experience a bit inert?

None of the half time entertainment like the Relay or Happy Birthday Uncle Fred announcements, presumably because they didn't want anything interrupting the Sponsors adverts being played on the big screen........ although a bit less squeaking from Kenzie wasn't missed.

Strangest thing, dry stadium aside, was making a purchase on the concourse having the Coke poured into a glass, the young Lady mumbled a reason so I asked for clearer mumble and she said that the drinks were put in the glasses because only accredited UEFA Sponsors were allowed be seen in the stadium............... but the Pukka Pie could remain in the packaging!!?