Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

They actually only asked "where we were staying" and then "would I be interested in a transfer from Tel Aviv on matchday". They still need to get the pricing right, anything more than £20 return and people will (again) find their own way, poxy train times or not.

I'm guessing they'll run from one of the big hotels or train (or bus) stations in Tel Aviv.

I thought it might be a free service. Otherwise I would have thought they may have asked me how much I was willing to pay etc. Bloke I spoke with made no mention of a charge for it. Although I may have got wrong end of stick.

I thought it might be a free service. Otherwise I would have thought they may have asked me how much I was willing to pay etc. Bloke I spoke with made no mention of a charge for it. Although I may have got wrong end of stick.

Coaches to and from ground were free in Denmark, no charge was mentioned to me either, assumed they would be free again and that phone call was to gauge how many coaches and to where they would be required this time, which is the only one of the group games where this type of arrangement required

Coaches to and from ground were free in Denmark, no charge was mentioned to me either, assumed they would be free again and that phone call was to gauge how many coaches and to where they would be required this time, which is the only one of the group games where this type of arrangement required

I specifically asked about a charge as I have transport sorted already and they said they were reviewing the cost, which makes me think it won't be free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will get to the north station in 1 hour . The stadium is close to the rail station you shud take a taxi and it will

Be super fast . After the game it will

Be a bit stucky road so I recommend that you exit 5 minute before the match ends.

Hope you'll make it

Thanks - I think I had the airport as the travel from/to - hence the earlier last train. The train remains an option.....assuming we are not held back after the final whistle :-)

I hope you will not be held.

Celtic did . But that's because of their political tifo in the first leg.

The fans got mad and broke

Their buses so the police held them

For 1 hour .

I don't see any way that you will

Held there. Anyway as I said it will

Be a bit stucky after the match .

I think your club will take a bus from tel

Aviv to be'er sheva and all the way back . That's the best option.

That's what also Celtic club did .

Are regulations for the group stages different to ones in the qualifying rounds?

Yes, qualifying has so many small teams compared to the group stages that UEFA basically allows teams to get on with it until the group stages when the tv kicks in and everything's regulated to hell.

For instance, Saints wore striped-back shirts against Vitesse and Midtjylland, there won't be any of that on Thursday next week.

I added a map from the turner stadium to the north rail station . In car it takes 5-8 minutes

After the game it will take 10-20 minutes .

Must remember to fly my car over, anyone know what Easyjet charge? :D

Seriously though, useful map - there's a noticeably quicker route on foot as well. Not that half of my group can walk that far anyway due to various health issues, disability etc.

This link MIGHT work (English language where Google allows): https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/%D7%90%D7%A6%D7%98%D7%93%D7%99%D7%95%D7%9F+%D7%98%D7%A8%D7%A0%D7%A8,+%D7%93%D7%A8%D7%9A+%D7%94%D7%90%D7%A6%22%D7%9C+2,+%D7%91%D7%90%D7%A8+%D7%A9%D7%91%D7%A2,+Israel%E2%80%AD/Be'er+Sheba-North,+Be'er+Sheva,+Israel/@31.2672312,34.7857491,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x15026680d5ba1785:0xe05b9df7aa64ee34!2m2!1d34.7797208!2d31.27339!1m5!1m1!1s0x150266f879d0c3e1:0x2e58887a229204b5!2m2!1d34.809287!2d31.262089!3e2

Edited by The9

Must remember to fly my car over, anyone know what Easyjet charge? :D

Seriously though, useful map - there's a noticeably quicker route on foot as well. Not that half of my group can walk that far anyway due to various health issues, disability etc.

I live there it's a bit of a walk mate [emoji23] . Btw the police put road blocks and after 10 minutes they take them off you guys gotta tell to your club to hire busses .

I live there it's a bit of a walk mate [emoji23] . Btw the police put road blocks and after 10 minutes they take them off you guys gotta tell to your club to hire busses .

The club's already looking into it, doubt there will be many wanting to walk it but some will probably not bother planning and hope for the best.

One of my mates (who posts on here) bought tickets for Inter from viagogo last night. I absolutely do not understand the logic. It's the most expensive way, and also the least likely to get you in. Guaranteed to have someone else's name on it for a start.

Maybe the tickets have Italian ID details printer on them?

or someone somewhere is making it very hard for anyone without tickets to get into the ground via other ticket sites

bit interesting to see what happens in milan and if the local ticket offices have been told not to sell to uk passport holders.

One of my mates (who posts on here) bought tickets for Inter from viagogo last night. I absolutely do not understand the logic. It's the most expensive way, and also the least likely to get you in. Guaranteed to have someone else's name on it for a start.

The tickets I bought for the Milan Derby last season were from Viagogo and had my name on it.

or someone somewhere is making it very hard for anyone without tickets to get into the ground via other ticket sites

bit interesting to see what happens in milan and if the local ticket offices have been told not to sell to uk passport holders.

If they let you buy, but then don't let you in, that would **** me off, it's the hope that kills and all that....

What's the consensus on when The Milan away tickets will sell out? Also have any season ticket holders received their home bundle tickets yet ?

The club have suggested to people that they won't make it below season ticket holders with 3 aways, personally i think it'll go down to season ticket holders with 2 aways. Should it go down to season tickets + 1 away it'll be an absolute free for all, as there's unlikely to be more than a few hundred left, but thousands of people that qualify.

If it makes just season ticket holders you'll be queueing for days before, since we have about 24k season ticket holders!

The club have suggested to people that they won't make it below season ticket holders with 3 aways, personally i think it'll go down to season ticket holders with 2 aways. Should it go down to season tickets + 1 away it'll be an absolute free for all, as there's unlikely to be more than a few hundred left, but thousands of people that qualify.

If it makes just season ticket holders you'll be queueing for days before, since we have about 24k season ticket holders!

My only hope in the back of my head, is that 5000 is an awful lot of tickets...and although a lot of people want to go, will that many of our STH go? there may just be a very vocal 1,000...not sure how they gauge interest for away games.

Personally, I'm a member as for personal reasons I cannot get a ST, so therefore I buy all my away tickets on others ST's, so thats my problem as I'll have no chance of getting a ticket in the away end. Be interesting to see how quickly the tickets are sold out.

Ok thanks, only made two always last year but both in wrong end, so basically no chance for me. Cant complain, those that have done the most away games recently deserve their reward.

I'll always have Bucharest !

The tickets I bought for the Milan Derby last season were from Viagogo and had my name on it.

Given that the only Inter tickets on sale at the moment are from the multi match bundle and you can't even buy them directly yet, there are two possibilities:

Italian bundle ticket with original purchaser name on it and speculative tout offering tickets they will buy later which will have the possibility of correct name of it.

What's the consensus on when The Milan away tickets will sell out? Also have any season ticket holders received their home bundle tickets yet ?

They're being loaded onto the ST card, I think.

I'm guessing At ST +2 aways as well, probably fighting for a small number remaining.

Edited by The9

Plus seats for UEFA bigwigs. My season ticket is next to corporate seats. I could sit in it for the qualifying games last season but for group games this year we all got a letter saying our seat was not available and had to move.

Bigwigs and media requirements pretty much the same lot, but useful info.

I am sitting here with ST holders ticket (me old mans) and just two aways from the last two seasons. So annoying as i used someone elses ST my the third away last year (Wham). Seriously regretting that decision now!

As i travel from Gothenburg to saints matches , even the home games are away games for me. But that dont count.

Found some cheapish flights as well. So whats my chances? Is it only one ticket per ST?

I am sitting here with ST holders ticket (me old mans) and just two aways from the last two seasons. So annoying as i used someone elses ST my the third away last year (Wham). Seriously regretting that decision now!

As i travel from Gothenburg to saints matches , even the home games are away games for me. But that dont count.

Found some cheapish flights as well. So whats my chances? Is it only one ticket per ST?

given that you've got your old man's season ticket (presumably with his name on it) unless you have exactly the same name i'd say the chances of you getting a ticket don't really mean sh*t as you won't be able to get in anyway.

For what it's worth the season before i was in a similar position re:Midjtyland, i had 10 aways on mine but had also done Stoke but bought on the day so it didn't count. As things went it dropped down and i was fine in the end so it wasn't an issue.

Personally i reckon, if you can get round the fact it's your old man's season ticket, you "might" be ok on two. It's just going to take some military style planning to get in exactly as they go on sale.

as for the last part that doesn't make the blindest difference, i do 140mile round trip every "home" game but if the club gave me extra credit for that i'd think they were mental.

If you have either Swedish passport or some sort of Swedish ID yo should be able to get a ticket in home areas should you need

This is the fall back situation for my brother who lives in France, some mates coming over from Greece and some Dutch Saints I know

If you have either Swedish passport or some sort of Swedish ID yo should be able to get a ticket in home areas should you need

This is the fall back situation for my brother who lives in France, some mates coming over from Greece and some Dutch Saints I know

Yes i have a swedish ID but sitting in the home section is not an option. I have done this on several occasions and it has nearly ruined the whole experience. Brighton away in L1 was just too frustrating!

Question: Do you only live in Sweden or are you Swedish? If the latter (i.e. you have a Swedish passport, or any other Swedish ID) surely you wouldn't have a problem buying a ticket for the home end? (If, as it seems, they are going to be denying British passport holders only.) Of course, not as good as being in the away end but hey-ho.

Can you recommend the best place us to have a drink before the game? After a quick look on Google Maps, there doesn't appear to be a great deal about...

Assuming that you can't get tickets via Saints allocation, (and that you're talking about the Inter end) you should have absolutely no problem getting into the Inter end with a Swedish passport and ticket bought directly from them, which has to be better than not being there at all.

I do wonder if the Italian police might have a contingency in place to shift all the "obviously British" fans into the middle tier of the away end anyway, as apparently they're not selling tickets for that end at the moment anyway.

Assuming that you can't get tickets via Saints allocation, (and that you're talking about the Inter end) you should have absolutely no problem getting into the Inter end with a Swedish passport and ticket bought directly from them, which has to be better than not being there at all.

I do wonder if the Italian police might have a contingency in place to shift all the "obviously British" fans into the middle tier of the away end anyway, as apparently they're not selling tickets for that end at the moment anyway.

Hmm....I can't see them opening up another part of the stadium to fill it with fans which they've said aren't welcome....

Hmm....I can't see them opening up another part of the stadium to fill it with fans which they've said aren't welcome....

They won't have to open it up if it's already open... I can't see them being bothered to move people if they get in either, but you never know, they have lots of experience of visiting fans for European games.

They won't have to open it up if it's already open... I can't see them being bothered to move people if they get in either, but you never know, they have lots of experience of visiting fans for European games.

Yeah - but then why not just increase the size of the away end? Seems pretty much definitive that if you're not British or in the away end through Saints, you're not going to get into the stadium.

Are they no longer making the bottom tier at our end available to Inter fans with their 3-game bundle? I've been told they were - nice of them if they're having a change of heart (not a chance of course, clutching at straws here).

So... further eligibility for Be'er Sheva released:

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/uel-tickets-hapoel-beer-sheva-vs-southampton-29092016-3282427.aspx

Tickets for the game, which are priced at £23, with no concessions available, will go on sale in the following order:

1. Thursday 8th September (9am) - 2016/17 Season Ticket holders who attended at least 13 away games during the 2015/16 season

2. Friday 9th September (9am) - 2016/17 Season Ticket holders who attended at least 12 away games during the 2015/16 season

3. Friday 9th September (12pm) - 2016/17 Season Ticket holders who attended six or more domestic away games from the 2015/16 season

4. Monday 12th September (9am) – 2016/17 Season Ticket holders who attended two or more domestic away games from the 2015/16 season

5. Monday 12th September (12pm) – 2016/17 Season Ticket holders

6. Tuesday 13th September (9am) – 2016/17 Official Members

7. Tuesday 13th September (12pm) – General Sale

All sales dates are subject to remaining availability.

They ramped that up quickly.

BTW a mate rang today, as suspected from my stellar guesswork, they've sold just under 200 tickets so far.

Are they no longer making the bottom tier at our end available to Inter fans with their 3-game bundle? I've been told they were - nice of them if they're having a change of heart (not a chance of course, clutching at straws here).

I was told they weren't on sale to home fans anywhere in that stand as part of the bundle. Haven't checked myself.

Interesting that no differential is made between members regarding their away game attendance. Possibly due to the short timeframe involved, I guess.

Yeah, they've clearly worked out that this is the one people are giving a swerve because of the cost, distance, potential security issues, etc.

What would be brilliant would be for the club to announce the next stages of the Inter sales process, which includes a window for "all supporters who otherwise are not eligible for this game but who attend the Hapoel Be'er Sheva away game". Can pretty much guarantee those 800 getting sold then :lol:

Yeah, they've clearly worked out that this is the one people are giving a swerve because of the cost, distance, potential security issues, etc.

What would be brilliant would be for the club to announce the next stages of the Inter sales process, which includes a window for "all supporters who otherwise are not eligible for this game but who attend the Hapoel Be'er Sheva away game". Can pretty much guarantee those 800 getting sold then :lol:

It wouldn't be brilliant for my lift to the airport. ;)

Plus anyone who spends £300+ getting to and from Israel to get priority when they can get hospitality in Milan for that is mental.

And stop saying "potential security issues"... I'm enjoying my sleep at the moment, I don't want it interrupted by thrashing nightmares coming from alongside me. :D

I was told they weren't on sale to home fans anywhere in that stand as part of the bundle. Haven't checked myself.

Now, I can't speak Italian but this is on their OS regarding home tickets, I'm guessing "Primo Blu € 30" is probably at the Saints end and at the bundle price of € 30.

UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE 2016/17 ★ GROUP STAGE - PREZZI

Poltroncina Rossa Centrale € 150

Poltroncina Rossa € 100

Primo Rosso € 80

Rosso laterale € 60

Tribuna Arancio € 80

Poltronissima (X) € 70

Poltroncina Arancio Centrale € 65

Poltroncina Arancio € 60

Primo Arancio € 40

Primo Arancio laterale € 35

Primo Verde € 30

Primo Blu € 30

Secondo Verde € 30

I'd say Steve Grant is suggesting that fans wanting to guarantee a Milan ticket would just pay the £23 for a ticket but not actually travel to Israel?

No, I'm thinking of ways the club could make the Israel trip infinitely more attractive to people. Guaranteeing an Inter ticket for those who wouldn't stand a chance of getting one otherwise would be one such way.

I've absolutely no doubt that they'll use the same process that they did for Midtjylland last season - if you don't collect the ticket, you have the credit on your purchase history removed.

No, I'm thinking of ways the club could make the Israel trip infinitely more attractive to people. Guaranteeing an Inter ticket for those who wouldn't stand a chance of getting one otherwise would be one such way.

Won't happen though, they've already released the Inter criteria.

Edited by The9

This

If it's the old bill that are limiting numbers, then I just can't see them allowing the club to do this . They have future games to think about . If this happens then the people moved will be all over social media & on forums explaining how they got home tickets and were then moved to a special end together . Fast forward to the knock out stage and they draw Man Utd , what are the people who don't qualify for their 5,000 going to do?

The key to what number aways the eligibility goes to is clearly based on how many people are going to risk trying to get in on another's ST. The only risk is they won't get in , however if the club put the ST holder at risk as well it may stop anyone doing it . If the club had said " anyone allowing somebody else to use their ST number will be banned from receiving away tickets for the rest of the season", would a ST holder take the chance . I certainly wouldn't .

I would guess that if tickets were just bought by the ST holder only that it will go down to 1 away ( will be a mad scramble ) , but it will end up being 3 as people will take the chance

This

If it's the old bill that are limiting numbers, then I just can't see them allowing the club to do this . They have future games to think about . If this happens then the people moved will be all over social media & on forums explaining how they got home tickets and were then moved to a special end together . Fast forward to the knock out stage and they draw Man Utd , what are the people who don't qualify for their 5,000 going to do?

The key to what number aways the eligibility goes to is clearly based on how many people are going to risk trying to get in on another's ST. The only risk is they won't get in , however if the club put the ST holder at risk as well it may stop anyone doing it . If the club had said " anyone allowing somebody else to use their ST number will be banned from receiving away tickets for the rest of the season", would a ST holder take the chance . I certainly wouldn't .

I would guess that if tickets were just bought by the ST holder only that it will go down to 1 away ( will be a mad scramble ) , but it will end up being 3 as people will take the chance

You're talking about two different things here:

1) The likelihood the stewarding on the day will identify a need to react to a situation which has occurred despite the measures in place (Saints fans in home section) and

2) the chance of people getting tickets legitimately within Saints' allocation when using someone else's eligibility.

In 1) in the event the initial checks have failed, they'll do whatever is appropriate to avoid crowd control issues - we don't know if the middle tier will be sold or empty and if it's empty it's an obvious solution in the event of problems. The solution will be to fix the checks that let people get in in the first place and publicise it, they'd have to be utterly incompetent to not do that and then allow the same situation to occur again for another match. This stuff is always based in rumour rather than fact anyway.

For 2), given that the club have said for the official allocation you need to provide a number of details including passport number, there's every likelihood people will not get into the official allocation section without that exact ID, so people who aren't eligible probably won't bother. They WILL check ID everywhere, and it will need to match the details Saints have given Inter to put on the tickets. Unless the ticket only has my name on it, I'll be taking my passport to the game even though I know you only need ID, because it may need to match the details provided. I may take it anyway, it's a lot of potential hassle for the sake of carrying one document.

Having said that, some people are stupid, so they may do it despite all the evidence they won't get in (and are less likely to get in than someone doing the same in a home section).

The same doesn't necessarily go for ID (and passport) checks in the home sections, where there's no particular reason people would need anything other than their usual ID cards. UK driving licenses could be fine to use for that ID, for instance.

Edited by The9