Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

looks like the home end is a no go.

At the moment members can buy home tickets on the Inter Milan website but it’s for all 3 matches like Saints were doing.

Also to buy them you have to have an Italian Supporter Identify Card which you show on entrance: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessera_del_tifoso (this seems to be the issue)

I have emailed corporate hospitality to if that applies as well. Although at circa 400 euroes a pop its looking like an expensive trip. You only live once though and marketing spends are tax deductible :)

If those terrible people get tickets, they've got tickets. By any means necessary. Good luck to them.

They're still swapping customer numbers on the WHU thread. Please stop this horror, please stop this.

What's your point? It's clearly not fair on Saints fans that have others jumping the queue ahead of them. Not sure why anyone would dispute that.

http://m.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/14723900.Milan_ticket_warning_for_Saints_fans/

"Inter have confirmed that British fans turning up with tickets for any section other the away end will be refused entry.

They also dismissed suggestions there will be a 'neutral zone' in the stadium "

'Saints have been given more than the UEFA stipulated minimum five per cent of capacity at the San Siro and requested an even bigger allocation, but Italian police blocked any further allowance.'

I don't buy this - why would the Italian Police be more happy with ticketless fans in Milan rather than in the ground where they can control everyone?

looks like the home end is a no go.

At the moment members can buy home tickets on the Inter Milan website but it’s for all 3 matches like Saints were doing.

Also to buy them you have to have an Italian Supporter Identify Card which you show on entrance: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessera_del_tifoso (this seems to be the issue)

I have emailed corporate hospitality to if that applies as well. Although at circa 400 euroes a pop its looking like an expensive trip. You only live once though and marketing spends are tax deductible :)

I think that's for all three home games. The hapoel game you can buy as an e ticket I believe. I'm not sure how they are going to tell you arent an English inter fan.

http://m.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/14723900.Milan_ticket_warning_for_Saints_fans/

"Inter have confirmed that British fans turning up with tickets for any section other the away end will be refused entry.

They also dismissed suggestions there will be a 'neutral zone' in the stadium "

Let's not forget the trip to Vitesse last year, where the club put out warnings of being turned away from the home turnstiles and Vitesse even went as far as cancelling and refunding tickets bought from an english address. And in reality? Hundreds of saints fans granted entry to the home end wearing their shirts.

What's your point? It's clearly not fair on Saints fans that have others jumping the queue ahead of them. Not sure why anyone would dispute that.

Lots of things aren't fair.

The Milan ticketing process looks like the most rigid and intractable we've ever seen, but still people are squinnying about how unfair it might be. If anyone gets through that system and gets a ticket and in then I salute them.

My original point was nothing more than a smirk at one line in that Echo report which read like they were shocked that fans might contemplate swapping customer numbers, something that has happened for as long as I've been alive and there's now two threads on that topic on here right now.

I'm enjoying the bubbling righteous indignation of very sensitive souls on here about it though.

If you can get in, get in.

That's assuming it's going to be easy to get tickets in the home end .

Two of our party of 8 are using this method but alarms bells are ringing with me. Why restrict the official allocation without enforcing strict Italians only in the home ends . As you say the easiest thing to do is give us a bigger allocation , therefore my guess is that they won't allow English credit/debit cards to buy home tickets , post to England or allow English address to buy these tickets .

They are either stupid , don't give a shiete or will enforce home fans only rigorously . I hope it's one of the first 2 but i have my doubts

Then why not buy tickets in cash from the ticket outlets?

The Echo article is really reaching, isn't it? It's practically "Football fans attempt to get into match 2 months away with 40,000 empty seats disgrace".

Yes, the real story is why only a 5000 allocation when we could sell more and the ground will be half empty, and what is SFC doing about it? What's the point of a football match if you won't allow people to see it?

The Echo article is really reaching, isn't it? It's practically "Football fans attempt to get into match 2 months away with 40,000 empty seats disgrace".

Exactly this!

The guy I sit opposite at work is from Milan and an AC Milan fan, he said the ground will be dead at the sides, but there is no such thing as a neutral section, although he did that the 'Tessera del Tifoso' is something that only applies between Italian teams playing each other?

God it's unnecessarily complex ...

Exactly this!

The guy I sit opposite at work is from Milan and an AC Milan fan, he said the ground will be dead at the sides, but there is no such thing as a neutral section, although he did that the 'Tessera del Tifoso' is something that only applies between Italian teams playing each other?

God it's unnecessarily complex ...

I think the reason they're not giving more is that they will need to open more of the ground to do it, and this results in higher policing costs, especially when it's English fans coming over.

Then why not buy tickets in cash from the ticket outlets?

Italian law will mean they still have to give their address and details to match some ID, so I assume they just won't sell tickets.

Tbh I'm pretty sure in practical terms everyone will get in, just don't hold me to that. ;)

I think the reason they're not giving more is that they will need to open more of the ground to do it, and this results in higher policing costs, especially when it's English fans coming over.

Could the club (in conjunction with our sponsors) not offer to foot the bill for the extra policing? (I ask that question without a clue as to how much said extra policing would cost)

At the end of the day, they'll be loads of Saints fans travelling to Milan who don't meet the criteria, the majority of which have already booked flights and hotel.

Hopefully the interest isn't as large as it seems to be, and the tickets won't go that quickly, however it seems likely they will.

They have 2 options:

1. Let us in the home ends

2. Don't let us in and all be round the city

If it's a police issue, then surely it's better for them for us to be in the stadium (ideally in a larger away end!)

I would imagine the difference in cost of policing 10,000 rather than 5,000 in the ground itself is negligible, especially if we had an end to ourselves - but I have no idea how policing costs are charged away from the stadium.

The criteria is spot on. If you haven't done 5 away games over this season or last, then you can't really claim to deserve a ticket. If you manage to get one anyway then happy days for you.

Really don't understand what the problem is.

The criteria is spot on. If you haven't done 5 away games over this season or last, then you can't really claim to deserve a ticket. If you manage to get one anyway then happy days for you.

Ideally we would get more tickets...

And I am sure there are plenty of fans who do not buy away tickets on their number. They could have done 10 aways and got say 2 on their ST.

I've done 8 aways, but I'm not a ST holder, so where does that place me?

To be fair, the club have always made it crystal clear that season ticket holders get priority for big games, that's just the way it is and it's nothing new. That's not to say I agree with that particular stance but it can't come as a surprise.

I touched on this earlier. If you can't get an away ticket for a stadium that holds over 80,000 then when can you? And if you can't then you won't in future situations. This arrangement is self-fulfilling.

What do so special about away games? Don't 19 home games a season for over 25 seasons count for something over some youngster who may only have become a member a couple of years ago and doesn't have any family or work commitments?

To be fair, the club have always made it crystal clear that season ticket holders get priority for big games, that's just the way it is and it's nothing new. That's not to say I agree with that particular stance but it can't come as a surprise.

It's not a surprise at all, not saying it is, but you were saying if you haven't done 5 aways. I have done but will be well down the list.

Anyone know when the home tickets are being sent out. Bought mine 10 days ago and might have thought they would have been sent out.

spoke to my mate in ticket office

he said was in the middle of printing off 90,000 tickets (presume Europa Bundle, Sparta only, Palace and Swansea tickets) so would imagine get them by weekend

probably so late as several members of ticket office were in Milan and Be'er Sheva sorting out ticket arrangements

They could have got over this by just giving us the tier below instead which is bigger (1,500-2,000 extra seats?) and wouldn't really need any additional stewarding

2q1uv03.jpg

I know they're putting the lowest tier on sale to home fans and wouldn't want rival fans immediately above, but they just don't need to as the sides (and probably even other end) will be half empty.

I bet half'n'half scarves will be popular at this game for home end attemptees :p

I touched on this earlier. If you can't get an away ticket for a stadium that holds over 80,000 then when can you? And if you can't then you won't in future situations. This arrangement is self-fulfilling.

What do so special about away games? Don't 19 home games a season for over 25 seasons count for something over some youngster who may only have become a member a couple of years ago and doesn't have any family or work commitments?

More than 5 away games over the last 2 seasons have made it to season ticket holders with no away games / general sale.... Poor argument. As for your 25 seasons, this gives you priority over those who don't have a ST.

I can't understand how anyone could argue with the criteria. It is no different to the domestic away ticketing process, what did you expect?

I would guess that Be'er Sheva would make general sale. It might be worth looking into this if you want to see your club play abroad in Europe.

More than 5 away games over the last 2 seasons have made it to season ticket holders with no away games / general sale.... Poor argument. As for your 25 seasons, this gives you priority over those who don't have a ST.

I can't understand how anyone could argue with the criteria. It is no different to the domestic away ticketing process, what did you expect?

I would guess that Be'er Sheva would make general sale. It might be worth looking into this if you want to see your club play abroad in Europe.

No it's not a poor argument at all. I repeat: what is so special about away games? There are plenty plenty of STs who can't go regularly to away games for all sorts of reasons. I know it has been this way for domestic aways but that doesn't make it right or fair. You could just as easily consider it fairer if the away tickets were offered first to those who have not been to away games before, spread them around a bit. The present arrangements just create a hardcore of ultras.

Why offer Be'er Sheva when Milan is a lot closer and has a much bigger capacity?

No it's not a poor argument at all. I repeat: what is so special about away games? There are plenty plenty of STs who can't go regularly to away games for all sorts of reasons. I know it has been this way for domestic aways but that doesn't make it right or fair. You could just as easily consider it fairer if the away tickets were offered first to those who have not been to away games before, spread them around a bit. The present arrangements just create a hardcore of ultras.

Why offer Be'er Sheva when Milan is a lot closer and has a much bigger capacity?

Try the thousands of pounds we've spent (alongside the season ticket) on tickets to other clubs, on travel to see them, on food, drink and days of holiday lost from work (if you're lucky enough to have holiday, otherwise factor in loss of earnings).

Of course those people deserve it more than someone that just goes to home games. In fact i'd go so far as saying that members who do multiple aways deserve it more than season ticket holders that do a couple a season too.

As to your 25 seasons well i've done 30+ AND away games, i know people have family commitments but that's life isn't it? And if at somepoint i have to stop doing aways and i drop down the pecking order that's fair too.

This sense of entitlement that a section of our fanbase has suddenly developed about the fact that THEY should be able to go to a glamour game is embarrassing. You want to go? Put the leg work in, spend the time, money and effort.

You want to qualify first next time? Then go to Be'er Sheeva, because sure as hell that's going to be on general sale and it's only three days out of your calendar. Also if we get out of the group you'll get the chance to be up the pecking order for those tickets.

The ONLY reason people are moaning is because this is Inter, had we got Fenerbache, Roma or Zenit (which may have given us similar numbers) this wouldn't be an issue.

All that said though there is a separate issue around why Inter can't be more flexible, but that's down to them and i doubt we'll ever get the honest truth behind it.

:mcinnes: At least you'll be safe from the 'ultra's' whilst watching it on TV then...

Try the thousands of pounds we've spent (alongside the season ticket) on tickets to other clubs, on travel to see them, on food, drink and days of holiday lost from work (if you're lucky enough to have holiday, otherwise factor in loss of earnings).

Of course those people deserve it more than someone that just goes to home games. In fact i'd go so far as saying that members who do multiple aways deserve it more than season ticket holders that do a couple a season too.

As to your 25 seasons well i've done 30+ AND away games, i know people have family commitments but that's life isn't it? And if at somepoint i have to stop doing aways and i drop down the pecking order that's fair too.

This sense of entitlement that a section of our fanbase has suddenly developed about the fact that THEY should be able to go to a glamour game is embarrassing. You want to go? Put the leg work in, spend the time, money and effort.

You want to qualify first next time? Then go to Be'er Sheeva, because sure as hell that's going to be on general sale and it's only three days out of your calendar. Also if we get out of the group you'll get the chance to be up the pecking order for those tickets.

The ONLY reason people are moaning is because this is Inter, had we got Fenerbache, Roma or Zenit (which may have given us similar numbers) this wouldn't be an issue.

All that said though there is a separate issue around why Inter can't be more flexible, but that's down to them and i doubt we'll ever get the honest truth behind it.

Can you not appreciate the illogicality of having a stadium that holds over 82,000 but only letting in 32,000? Personally I would have been just as happy to go to Roma or any other stadium with a large capacity within reasonable travelling time.

I agree with you about Inter and the restriction on numbers. We ought to know what the reason is.

Can you not appreciate the illogicality of having a stadium that holds over 82,000 but only letting in 32,000? Personally I would have been just as happy to go to Roma or any other stadium with a large capacity within reasonable travelling time.

I agree with you about Inter and the restriction on numbers. We ought to know what the reason is.

Oh absolutely, and i personally think it's a joke that Inter didn't just give us what we wanted. I doubt we'd have sold more than 10k to be honest as flights would restrict the numbers travelling. And i'd rather every Saints fan that wanted was going.

I just don't agree with an argument that says that people with no aways are as valid to qualify as those with many. To me it's like anything, you have to work for what you get, and just expecting it because you're rich enough to afford something isn't a good enough excuse.