Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

Unless you happen to share the same first (& any middle) name and you look uncannily the same, despite the age difference, then you are right. You can't use someone else's photo I'd (passport or EU photo drivers licence

Well, we used to have ID cards when I played over there which the ref used to check before the match - he'd call the name and you'd step forward and show your shirt number. We still managed to play ringers on a few occasions!

Not that I did, but you are meant to have ID on you at all times. They found it difficult to grasp the concept that we don't have ID cards here.

Why fanny around in a foreign airport waiting for a connection . We've booked Gatwick to Turin for £102 return . Turin to Milan is €14 on train , there are 30 a day and it only takes an hour

Well, given the stop over is in Istanbul, I think they are talking about a trip to Tel Aviv, for which a Gatwick to Turin flight and the Italian train timetable is of little assistance.

Well, given the stop over is in Istanbul, I think they are talking about a trip to Tel Aviv, for which a Gatwick to Turin flight and the Italian train timetable is of little assistance.

Lol , shouldn't try to post after too many Bishop tipples .

Seriously , people should look at London to Turin for Milan , still cheap

Lol , shouldn't try to post after too many Bishop tipples .

Seriously , people should look at London to Turin for Milan , still cheap

Sssshhhh.... Stop shouting about it. I want to keep that option up my sleeve once I know what the ticket situation is for members in a couple of weeks time :)

If we do actually sell 5,000 pre general sale, then I am sure there will be plenty of Saints fans in the neutral area. Still don't really understand why Milan don't offer a bigger allocation- the ground will be nowhere near full and we will get in anyway.

This has probably been covered but how do I buy a ticket in the neutral zone?

I arrived in Prague today on business. I was talking about ticket availability and as a season ticket holder I was concerned if I would make the cut with only 6 away games last year. The people I spoke to said that although the ground is relatively small they have neutral zones and if you contact Sparta Prague you will easily get tickets in this area and will be able to sing etc no worries.

Help! Trying to buy my home game Europa bundle, i am a season ticket holder, but tonight my seat is unavailable. Anyone else having issues with online system?

Are you trying on a mobile? I had to use the full site to do mine, my seat was never available on the mobile version.

So am I right in saying that someone cannot use someone else's season ticket because I.D is required on the gate, what about same surname ? And what I.D ?

Anything like this is always a gamble and you never really know, but I'd say if you've got the same surname and time it right, you've got a fairly good chance of getting in.

Help! Trying to buy my home game Europa bundle, i am a season ticket holder, but tonight my seat is unavailable. Anyone else having issues with online system?

I have a feeling I read that ST seats were only "put by" until perhaps Tuesday and after that you had next right to buy. General sale is tomorrow morning.

A "Commerical Director" has emailed fans apparently saying there is no neutral areas in the San Siro and passports will be checked upon entry.

I went to a CopaItalia game at Vicenza a couple of weeks ago whilst on holiday. There was a huge delay at the walk up ticket window because anyone who wasn't already registered as a supporter (with a club members card) had to show a form of ID such as a passport or driving licence. Luckliy I had my D/L and then they had to enter all my details into a computer database which I was told is then held on a national database stored down in Naples. This is apparently a Government requirement for all Italian football grounds. I got in without any problem as a neutral but it just took ages. However, I actually was a neutral so I don't know what would have happened if Saints, or another UK team, had been playing there that day.

Was £288 for me never heard of budgetair before so hope they're not a scam site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are going via Istanbul that price looks about right for flying with Pegasus, a number of people I know are booked on that airline / route from Stansted so you should be fine. Proper adventure this one, having read the government advice for travelling to Israel no doubt there will be some interesting stories exchanged in Beer-sheva of various journeys done to get there.

I had thought we'd have a low turn out for this one but looking at the numbers booking we may get close to selling out which would be a top top effort.

Less interesting than travel plans and actually going to the games, but I've updated the lists of who qualifies for our 25 man list for the Europa League (and the Premier League - the list for which was published yesterday). See post 105 on page 3 of this thread.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?56552-Europa-League-2016-2017/page3

I'm never going to get a ticket for Inter am I? I'll have to buy one for the home end :(

Same, we've got flights and hotel booked for three people, self and adult son are ST's, we've got no aways from last season (we've got shed loads from Lge1 and the Championship if they're any good!), mrssandwich isn't a member but does have the old style membership number ... we will just have to wait and see if there really are 5000 people who will commit and go away mid-week (and if the tickets do make it to any sort of general sale/free for all then I will have to drive down 150 miles to SMS and camp outside the box office overnight (which we did for the Derby play-off game!) and miss more work next day.

Really don't understand why we haven't had a bigger allocation, they might say the away end holds 5k and that's it but it really can't be beyond the wit of man to create a segregated area of 10k seats in an 80,000 seater stadium when you are expecting circa 30k home fans max!

Will a lot of people travel without tickets? The hardest hard-core down to the relatively soft-core will be catered for in the 5000 allocation which will just leave those (idiots!) like me who have booked and paid on the presumption that we will get tickets who now don't have any. I have no problem buying on the day or better still the day before but it looks like it might get very bureaucratic and potentially messy if we have to start registering locally for membership schemes etc. and we then have reasonable numbers of Saints fans spread throughout the 'neutral' areas.

The bit i can't get my head around is how so few of our support seem to understand how away travel works.

I've seen so many people complaining about how's it being done, including some people asking why those with the most away attendances get first choice!

Personally i'd be very surprised if they make season ticket holders with no aways, since despite us taking 2-3k most away games there's probably only about 7-800 that do close to every game and then the rest of the matches are made up of floating support that does maybe 3/4 a season at various grounds.

The one point that does annoy me with the tickets though is that i personally think it should just be done on aways. So season ticket + aways first, then members + aways (at each level), as a lot of our consistent away support tends to be members.

I also have a feeling that it'll be the worst atmosphere of any of the games. Generally when we take large allocations, especially to glamour games like this, the atmosphere is woeful.

We basically end up taking far more of our more middle class types who don't want to sing.

Be'er Sheeva on the other hand should be cracking, a real adventure (even if i'm having to extend my overdraft to do it) and i reckon Prague should be noisy based on the small allocation and how cheap it is to go on the ****.

The bit i can't get my head around is how so few of our support seem to understand how away travel works.

I've seen so many people complaining about how's it being done, including some people asking why those with the most away attendances get first choice!

Personally i'd be very surprised if they make season ticket holders with no aways, since despite us taking 2-3k most away games there's probably only about 7-800 that do close to every game and then the rest of the matches are made up of floating support that does maybe 3/4 a season at various grounds.

The one point that does annoy me with the tickets though is that i personally think it should just be done on aways. So season ticket + aways first, then members + aways (at each level), as a lot of our consistent away support tends to be members.

I also have a feeling that it'll be the worst atmosphere of any of the games. Generally when we take large allocations, especially to glamour games like this, the atmosphere is woeful.

We basically end up taking far more of our more middle class types who don't want to sing.

Be'er Sheeva on the other hand should be cracking, a real adventure (even if i'm having to extend my overdraft to do it) and i reckon Prague should be noisy based on the small allocation and how cheap it is to go on the ****.

I take the opposite view. It's ok for young single supporters to go to lots of away games but those with families or dependants or responsibilities will find it more difficult. This system then becomes self-fulfilling since the more away games you go to the more you can get tickets for. It's the same with the England supporters' club, you won't get a ticket to an away game unless you've been to an away game and you won't have been unless you've been able to get a ticket. From your comments it would seem that you view the Saints' support as mainly consisting of a demographic of (relative) youngsters who like to have a few drinks and make a lot of noise, possibly because you mainly go to away games? In reality the supporting base is much wider than that and Season Ticketers should be appreciated for the significant financial commitment they make to the club.

Milan will be the worst out of the three trips definitely.

Less interesting than travel plans and actually going to the games, but I've updated the lists of who qualifies for our 25 man list for the Europa League (and the Premier League - the list for which was published yesterday). See post 105 on page 3 of this thread.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?56552-Europa-League-2016-2017/page3

Your link doesn't seem to work correctly, try this one instead:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?56552-Europa-League-2016-2017&p=2353260#post2353260

The official Europa Squad list should already be available, but has not yet been published anywhere as far as I can see.

Will a lot of people travel without tickets? The hardest hard-core down to the relatively soft-core will be catered for in the 5000 allocation which will just leave those (idiots!) like me who have booked and paid on the presumption that we will get tickets who now don't have any. I have no problem buying on the day or better still the day before but it looks like it might get very bureaucratic and potentially messy if we have to start registering locally for membership schemes etc. and we then have reasonable numbers of Saints fans spread throughout the 'neutral' areas.

Three of us have booked flights and hotels and have no chance of away end tickets. Not worried about getting in ( yet)

Three of us have booked flights and hotels and have no chance of away end tickets. Not worried about getting in ( yet)

Yep, three of us in exactly the same position for Milan and Prague. Hoping to get tickets for the first somewhere I. The groubd, not expecting anything for the second but at £1 a pint I'm sure we can find a warm bar to watch it in.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

There will be a heap of people in Milan and Prague without tickets - they'll probably get in in Milan (which in itself will probably lead to Saints making Prague tickets much less accessible), but are less likely to in Prague.

Tbh, Inter really need to have a look at their planning if they're actively turning away up to (say) 5,000 more Saints fans in a ground that'll probably be half empty just because they can't be bothered to make people sit in one of the other 3 stands or even just segregate the bottom tier away from the second tier and/or provide separate entrances.

It is boll ocks though. Reflecting loyalty is debatable. Pleas for ST numbers are invariably promptly responded to.

Loads of supporters have work or family commitments and can't do all aways. Doesn't make them any less worthy than the singing cnts.

We already know that we have fewer than 5000 ST-holding fans who've been to more than 5 aways since the start of 2015/16 because they're ALL guaranteed a ticket to Inter as long as they buy in the first window.

Based on my "counting the ticket number bought at 9am" for Arnhem last season, I can also confirm that we only sold maybe 150 to people who had over 11 aways as well. I had ticket number 160 and I had 10 valid aways for that, which is around my average for domestic games. I had to wait until the third day of release for that. Those ticket numbers were consecutive, as I bought on successive days for mates and posted about it in last year's thread.

That tells you the sorts of numbers we're taking to domestic aways.

You've made a fair point about "just on aways" and as a former Saints exile I know there are some who go to as many aways as homes, especially if they live up north. But you can start another thread about that. ;)

Your link doesn't seem to work correctly, try this one instead:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?56552-Europa-League-2016-2017&p=2353260#post2353260

The official Europa Squad list should already be available, but has not yet been published anywhere as far as I can see.

My link takes you to the page but not my post as I couldn't work out how to do that (I still can't!). So thank you - very helpful.

Yes we should have submitted out lists by 1 September so they should be published soon. There shouldn't be any surprises. If my analysis is correct we need to omit three players because we have more than 25 eligible for the A list. I'm assuming Pied (injured), Gape (loaned) plus one other (most likely Lewis).

The Europa squad should be published here:

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2017/clubs/club=52923/squad/index.html

Edited by Over land and sea

It is boll ocks though. Reflecting loyalty is debatable. Pleas for ST numbers are invariably promptly responded to.

Loads of supporters have work or family commitments and can't do all aways. Doesn't make them any less worthy than the singing cnts.

I think I've got a record of theirs that they made back in the 60s

Yep, three of us in exactly the same position for Milan and Prague. Hoping to get tickets for the first somewhere I. The groubd, not expecting anything for the second but at £1 a pint I'm sure we can find a warm bar to watch it in.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Sums up my situation & feelings too!

4 of us are flying from Luton to Turin for £19 each with BlueAir on the Thursday, then back home Friday afternoon for £13 each on Ryanair to Stansted from Genoa; ridiculously cheap trains linking us up with Milan. If we end up ticketless then we won't have exactly broken the bank to try. If so, we'll find a bar, get hammered and scream at a telly! Sorted.

However I reckon home-ending it will be no problem. Also I'm not buying this "must show ID" lark either. Over in the Euro's we had tickets with another chaps name on it, were told exactly the same in advance & experienced nothing of the sort. Close to kick-off, they simply won't have the time. If an offer of a ticket came my way, I'd chance it.

Sums up my situation & feelings too!

4 of us are flying from Luton to Turin for £19 each with BlueAir on the Thursday, then back home Friday afternoon for £13 each on Ryanair to Stansted from Genoa; ridiculously cheap trains linking us up with Milan. If we end up ticketless then we won't have exactly broken the bank to try. If so, we'll find a bar, get hammered and scream at a telly! Sorted.

However I reckon home-ending it will be no problem. Also I'm not buying this "must show ID" lark either. Over in the Euro's we had tickets with another chaps name on it, were told exactly the same in advance & experienced nothing of the sort. Close to kick-off, they simply won't have the time. If an offer of a ticket came my way, I'd chance it.

Yep, the same happened to us at the Euros. But from what I've read on here and elsewhere Italy is different and ID will be checked.

I think people will still ignore the warning which could lead to loads of tickets being wasted.

Yep, the same happened to us at the Euros. But from what I've read on here and elsewhere Italy is different and ID will be checked.

I think people will still ignore the warning which could lead to loads of tickets being wasted.

Will definitely happen unfortunately, and they'll be loads of empty seats in the away end.

Personally I'm fairly sure they will check ID upon entry, but I know a few who are going to risk it on others tickets.

They will also be getting home end tickets as well, to cover if they get rejected from the away section.

Personally I'm fairly sure they will check ID upon entry, but I know a few who are going to risk it on others tickets.

They will also be getting home end tickets as well, to cover if they get rejected from the away section.

Annoying for those on the cusp of getting a ticket - whoever that may be.

Matchdays 1 & 2 were always out for me which is a real pity as I'd have liked the adventure of Israel. The Mrs is seriously pulling a face about taking the lad out of school for Milan and Prague so push comes to shove Milan wins. There is no way I couldn't take him. Lots of dads will be in similar situations.

They defintely check ID. Including the home end. I've heard that from two sources now. One guy on another message board who sat in the home end at the San Siro last season and a friend I have in Milan. No idea if this means we will be turned away from the home end even if we buy the tickets with the correct name and ID though.

Any idea when the Sparta ticket news is going to come out? Keen to know if I have a vague chance of tickets with my 10 aways last season.

I think they have been extremely busy trying to sort out Be'er Sheva and Inter

Plenty of time 12 weeks until Prague

I would expect those who go to Israel to form another category in pecking order for tickets

@SouthamptonFC on twitter.....

Due to insufficient interest, #SaintsFC is unable to run a travel package for the #UEL game at Hapoel Be'er Sheva

At those prices hardly a shock!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Instead of subsidising away supporters maybe virgin media could have done something . After all they are sponsoring us , not the whole league

I think they have been extremely busy trying to sort out Be'er Sheva and Inter

Plenty of time 12 weeks until Prague

I would expect those who go to Israel to form another category in pecking order for tickets

Agree that the guys going to Isreal should get priority going forward. Hopefully the Denmark game gets dropped from that process as it was so long ago (and I didn't go to that one ? )

Agree that the guys going to Isreal should get priority going forward. Hopefully the Denmark game gets dropped from that process as it was so long ago (and I didn't go to that one ? )

Whereas I think it should be the principal criterion for evermore. (Yes, I went ?)

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Annoying for those on the cusp of getting a ticket - whoever that may be.

I don't think the club have done enough to stress that this isn't an empty threat.

As others have said, these kind of processes are often talked about but never carried out, so people just ignore them.

I wonder if the club will find out which tickets end up having an ID mismatch.

I've updated the map of all of the teams

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15iJR0WBjDR4BeEx7PXTsHLnjQIA&usp=sharing

Changed one or two that have switched venues for the group stages. Also added the Champions League teams, in case anyone wanted to start preparing for potential venues for the knockout rounds :D But if you don't want to see them then you can easily deselect them.

Also, I didn't realise how close Be'er Sheva is to the Gaza Strip and the Egyptian border :uhoh: