Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

I think for the Inter ones, the ID details need to be sent to Inter so they can print them onto the tickets and then send them to us. Hence why I think it's a bit odd that they're not going on sale immediately...

Hmmm... very strange. Home section is now looking more likely.

I was at the ticket office this morning and a lady was looking very puzzled at a sheet of details that the club had just given her. Like many she said that they had booked flights and accommodation but now were not sure whether they would get any tickets as they didn't go to away games.

Do we think there would be any issues with getting tickets in the neutral area of the ground? Just wondering based on the need for ID/passport details needed for tickets in the away end. Thinking this will be my only option as I don't have enough aways :(

See the internet thread. It's looking like a runner.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Do we think there would be any issues with getting tickets in the neutral area of the ground? Just wondering based on the need for ID/passport details needed for tickets in the away end. Thinking this will be my only option as I don't have enough aways :(

I think quite a few will end up in the neutral areas. Would be good to get everyone in the same section if so.

Ah, home end tickets. Fair enough. Would be highly skeptical of any claim to get away end ones given the ID checks that'll be in place for the away end.

You rate Italian organisation way too highly. We'll be lucky if they even remember to unlock the turnstiles. :D

I think for the Inter ones, the ID details need to be sent to Inter so they can print them onto the tickets and then send them to us. Hence why I think it's a bit odd that they're not going on sale immediately...

God help us if that £6.50 is to send tickets directly from Inter's admin office to our home addresses...

I doubt they'll offer print at home like they do for people for Serie A, but they appear to be fine with Saints fans in "neutral" areas, which is a bit mad. Probably because they'll have your ID from the ticket purchase and (probably, I can't remember), CCTV.

They won't check ID on anything, so it's not going to be an issue.

Cheers The9, are you quietly confident of that, it seems a strange one as not all people go to games with ID, so surely if you haven't got any they cant turn you away, some people don't have ID except passport and no one walks around with passport in their pocket

Yeah, this is true. I'd forgotten how spread out these games are. At least we now know the answer to "will the club wait to announce priority until after some other matches" is NO, they're doing priority for at least the first two aways based on 2015/16 only.

The Inter criteria include away games this season, don't they?

1. Tuesday 13th September (9am) – 2016/17 Season Ticket holders who attended the FC Midtjylland vs Southampton fixture on 27th August 2015 OR have attended at least five domestic away games from the 2015/16 or 2016/17 seasons.

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160901-europa-league-tickets-internazionale-southampton-3285334.aspx#e8tZCWUCt9xhB07D.99

Cheers The9, are you quietly confident of that, it seems a strange one as not all people go to games with ID, so surely if you haven't got any they cant turn you away, some people don't have ID except passport and no one walks around with passport in their pocket

It's some kind of fairly recent legal requirement in Italy to have ID for football. They had (unpopular) away supporter cards in place a year or two ago - but that doesn't mean they're actually going to check ID for 5000 people for an evening match - it's a logistical nightmare, and I know for a fact no-one checked my ID for the Serie A match I went to there (though I was in a home section - well, "neutral" if you go by the tweet above).

Anyone attending any major international tournament will also confirm that despite endless warnings about ID and names on tickets that no-one EVER checks. I've been to over 30 major tournament matches on a couple of continents, three Euro aways with Saints, various Cup Finals, Community Shield, etc, and that one match in Serie A at the ground we're going to, and no-one has actually checked the ticket against any personal ID, ever. They all know crowd control is difficult enough and the view that a legit ticket is enough proof is widespread.

See below though - someone with more Italy-specific experience than me.

Edited by The9

The Inter criteria include away games this season, don't they?

I haven't actually read it in any detail because I know I'll get a ticket, but that's what your pull quote suggests - so the criteria is slightly different for Inter than Be'er Sheva, as that was only 2015/16.

Don't know why they don't just give us that lower tier.

I'm reliably informed that Inter are also doing a 'ticket bundle' for their 3 Europa home games and the lower tier at our end is available for home fans to buy so that probably rules that out.

I've also heard that the top tier aint that great. If you're right at the back then that's probably similar to the away fans experience at St James' Park, but too near the front and you'll have a big glass screen in front to watch through. Apparently the stewards won't likely bother about seat numbers and it'll be a bit of a sit-where-you-like affair.

Hopefully the 5,000 tickets sell out quickly and they'll release the middle tier.

Just had a look on Inter OS so if anyone fancies translating/confirming - only 30E for 3 tickets too!

http://www.inter.it/en/biglietteria

I have been to 20+ live football matches in Italy. I can assure you they will check your ID against your ticket whether you are in the home ends or away end. Isn't worth risking using someone else's name/customer number.

Interesting, they didn't with mine - but you've been a lot more than me.

Usually for foreign countries any government-issued photo ID is sufficient. Driving licence or even a bus pass can usually be enough.

I have been to 20+ live football matches in Italy. I can assure you they will check your ID against your ticket whether you are in the home ends or away end. Isn't worth risking using someone else's name/customer number.

Also not worth making that ticket void and unusable by taking it and it not being able to be used!

They've already confirmed on twitter they can't get any more than 5,000.

missed that. Shame. Wondering who will actually be able to get a ticket. Non season ticket holders for example. 5000 is maybe still quite a lot, when you factor in time off work and cost, but Milan is quite a draw.

They've already confirmed on twitter they can't get any more than 5,000.

Then hopefully 5,000 is enough!

I guess if they're allowing Inter fans to buy the lower tier seats then they won't want Saints fans sat immediately above them. Crazy when the stadium will only be half full, 'neutral' area (if it actually exists) should be popular.

Then hopefully 5,000 is enough!

I guess if they're allowing Inter fans to buy the lower tier seats then they won't want Saints fans sat immediately above them. Crazy when the stadium will only be half full, 'neutral' area (if it actually exists) should be popular.

The "neutral" area according to the bloke on twitter who contacted Inter, is the entire stadium other than both ends. So probably about 40,000 seats. :o

The "neutral" area according to the bloke on twitter who contacted Inter, is the entire stadium other than both ends. So probably about 40,000 seats. :o

Yeah, I suspect that's just a translation thing, in that "neutral" means "not an Inter ultra", rather than having more than half of the ground dedicated to people with no affiliation to either team.

Surely tickets purchased from Ticket booths around the city won't have any names printed on them? And sorry for calling you Shirley.

Not sure on those, we got our tickets off Viagogo and they had our names on them, everyone we saw was checked.

I'm never going to get a ticket for Inter am I? I'll have to buy one for the home end :(

If we do actually sell 5,000 pre general sale, then I am sure there will be plenty of Saints fans in the neutral area. Still don't really understand why Milan don't offer a bigger allocation- the ground will be nowhere near full and we will get in anyway.

So am I right in saying that someone cannot use someone else's season ticket because I.D is required on the gate, what about same surname ? And what I.D ?

Unless you happen to share the same first (& any middle) name and you look uncannily the same, despite the age difference, then you are right. You can't use someone else's photo I'd (passport or EU photo drivers licence