Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

ive no season ticket and only do saints away,have a membership which has loads of aways for the season before but only 3 from last season

normally use a sth number for the harder to get games,now inter want id,thats been scuppered

I cant see how they can refuse us entry if weve bought tickets through a legitimate Italian ticket office that sells tickets for inter.

I know its how modern football has gone but somewhere r human rights to go to a game must be taken into account,

are the seriously going to stop around 1000-2000 saints fans who have gone over without tickets but bought from local offices?

I'm not... I qualify!

Just wanted to share the reviews site, so people could make a decision on whether it's a scam or not.

I've just asked around some of the guys at work and some have used this site before, for Premier League games. They've said it is legit, however they can be a bit slow in sending tickets.

Edited by tartan_saint

I'm not... I qualify!

Just wanted to share the reviews site, so people could make a decision on whether it's a scam or not.

I've just asked around some of the guys at work and some have used this site before, for Premier League games. They've said it is legit, however they can be a bit slow in sending tickets.

It may be an option, if all else fails.

- online, on ticket.it website;

- by phone, calling 02 54914 (Prenoticket)

In case you will be in Milan a few days before.

Order your fan card online, bimble into the bank, buy your tickets. Job done

I've done it for a few Italian games but never Inter.

- at every Banca Popolare di Milano (Popular Bank Milano) branch,

- at the Inter Shop;

- at the stadium's ticket office

Got a call from the Ticket Office regarding the Israel trip: the club is exploring whether there is demand for transport back to Tel Aviv straight after the game.

Not thinking too far ahead (as I don't yet qualify) but the last train I could see listed leaves 20 minutes after the final whistle, and it is a 45 minute walk from the ground. So, this sounds a great idea for those travelling from Tel Aviv by train

Just had an interesting phone call from ticket office asking our plans for Israel, city where we're staying, etc.

Turns out they're considering running a bus from Tel Aviv to Beer Sheva and back for the match.

Either that or they're using that as cover to make sure we're actually going and that people aren't just booking tickets for the hell of it...

Added myself to the interested list even though I've made plans already, we shall see what happens.

Not thinking too far ahead (as I don't yet qualify) but the last train I could see listed leaves 20 minutes after the final whistle, and it is a 45 minute walk from the ground. So, this sounds a great idea for those travelling from Tel Aviv by train

last train is 22.59 form Be'er Sheva Central, 23.09 form North Station

http://www.rail.co.il/EN/DrivePlan/Pages/DrivePlan.aspx?DrivePlanPage=true&OriginStationId=7320&DestStationId=4900&OriginStationName=Be'er%20Sheva-Center&DestStationName=Tel%20Aviv-HaHagana&HoursDeparture=21&MinutesDeparture=0&HoursReturn=13&MinutesReturn=0&GoingHourDeparture=true&ArrivalHourDeparture=false&GoingHourReturn=true&ArrivalHourReturn=false&IsReturn=false&GoingTrainCln=2016-09-29&ReturnningTrainCln=2016-09-07&IsFullURL=true

Game is 8PM kick off local time so finished around 21.55 leaves an hour to get back to Central Station or just over an hour to North Station

In general 'strangers' don't need a card to buy tickets in the home sections. At least that's how I read it.

I don't have one and didn't need one.

Incidentally, the wife is claiming we did have an ID check on the way into the San Siro - can't say I remember it if we did, and I know I didn't have my passport with me. :o

Here's the print at home ticket, anyway (note ID statement at the bottom):

14195309_10153823560551931_6200182030574071285_o.jpg

Edited by The9

I don't have one and didn't need one.

Incidentally, the wife is claiming we did have an ID check on the way into the San Siro - can't say I remember it if we did, and I know I didn't have my passport with me. :o

Pretty sure you would've done.

Does anyone have any inkling if one away (both this season and last) will get me an Inter ticket? I've still got an old expired Italian id card although the date is on the back: might help blag it if necessary.

I think they'll sell out before getting to 1 away, but I think the Inter criteria includes both this and last season (Israel doesn't), so you may have a slim outside chance with 2.

I just hope the qualifying criteria for Beer Sheva away drop quickly after this week if there are lots of tickets left. I want to go and accommodation is sorted but if I can't buy a match ticket until one week before then flights could get difficult. It will be a shame if we don't sell out and there are people who would've gone if the tickets were available sooner (ie. me). I've got an ST and a few aways so I don't think I really ought to be kept holding on until the last minute for a game in the Middle East.

If you're reading this, Saints, then please drop the criteria quickly after the end of this week! Thanks.

Thanks - I think I had the airport as the travel from/to - hence the earlier last train. The train remains an option.....assuming we are not held back after the final whistle :-)

Flicking through the pics in Milan I also spotted a Metro map in a photo which showed the M5 line under construction (and stevegrant had commented saying "still rebuilding that are they? It's a long walk from Lotto") so that explains why it wasn't open then and seems to be now.

In an unrelated note, I don't know why Milan doesn't have a Metro Line 4. :?

I just hope the qualifying criteria for Beer Sheva away drop quickly after this week if there are lots of tickets left. I want to go and accommodation is sorted but if I can't buy a match ticket until one week before then flights could get difficult. It will be a shame if we don't sell out and there are people who would've gone if the tickets were available sooner (ie. me). I've got an ST and a few aways so I don't think I really ought to be kept holding on until the last minute for a game in the Middle East.

If you're reading this, Saints, then please drop the criteria quickly after the end of this week! Thanks.

I can't believe they had a qualifying criteria to get tickets for a mid-week game that's a half hour drive from a war-zone.

Would also be a question whether they put your name on the ticket...

I get the impression that the '1st4footballtickets' website is simply a re-sell portal rather than them sourcing the tickets direct, a bit like the 'getmein' website for concerts. Look at examples of the description narrative against each ticket and also prices vary for seats in the same blocks. (I'm looking at the Arsenal v Saints game on there, for example). It looks like each 're-seller' simply enters their own description of the ticket location and whatever price they want to offer them for. All of which would suggest the tickets will have the name of the original buyer on them. Well, that's my hunch anyway.

Edit: that said, I can't see anywhere on the website where people can directly add their tickets for sale, so perhaps I'm talking nonsense for once :)

Edited by trousers

I get the impression that 1st4footballtickets website is simply a re-sell portal rather than them sourcing the tickets direct, a bit like the 'getmein' website for concerts. Look at examples of the description narrative against each ticket and also prices vary for seats in the same blocks. (I'm looking at the Arsenal v Saints game on there for example). It looks like each 're-seller' simply enters their own description of the ticket location and whatever price they want to offer them for. All of which would suggest the tickets will have the name of the original buyer on them. Well, that's my hunch anyway.

Also my impression, as I said to a mate last night, if you can't get one from the Saints allocation, buying for the home end from the kiosks in Milan seems the best way to go:

They'll either refuse point blank in which case you haven't spent anything

or they'll sell at face value and you'll get your name on the ticket but will run the risk of being turned away

What you won't have done is paid over the odds for a ticket readily available to anyone on the day for face value, which still may or may not actually get you in.

Having bought from Getmein and viagogo for gigs and Euro 2016 I'd be a lot less comfortable using them for anything where I thought they actually WOULD check the ID on the ticket, and this is certainly in that category.

Every inter home game there must be tourists who go' date=' some of whom must be English. There's no real way they can say you're a saints fan and not a tourist surely? Unless you're wearing colours.[/quote']

Saints have already said that Inter wont let Saints fans (i.e. English) into home sections. If that is the case they won't worry about differentiating between tourists and away fans. They simply will just refuse entry to any and all Brits, unless accompanied perhaps by Italian colleagues. Of course, Saints HAVE to put this message (of no entry into home end) out to discourage supporters with no tickets from travelling. But whether Inter follow through on this threat is to be seen.

I doubt they will want Saints fans in home areas, which is a worry as I will probably be one of those attempting to do so.

Also my impression, as I said to a mate last night, if you can't get one from the Saints allocation, buying for the home end from the kiosks in Milan seems the best way to go:

They'll either refuse point blank in which case you haven't spent anything

or they'll sell at face value and you'll get your name on the ticket but will run the risk of being turned away

What you won't have done is paid over the odds for a ticket readily available to anyone on the day for face value, which still may or may not actually get you in.

Having bought from Getmein and viagogo for gigs and Euro 2016 I'd be a lot less comfortable using them for anything where I thought they actually WOULD check the ID on the ticket, and this is certainly in that category.

Agreed. I wouldn't touch this site with a barge pole. Buying in Milan makes much more sense to me.

Flicking through the pics in Milan I also spotted a Metro map in a photo which showed the M5 line under construction (and stevegrant had commented saying "still rebuilding that are they? It's a long walk from Lotto") so that explains why it wasn't open then and seems to be now.

In an unrelated note, I don't know why Milan doesn't have a Metro Line 4. :?

They have. They built it after Pompey fans convinced them their fixture with AC would be a regular date on the calendar and huge numbers would be traveling every time. It is only open on the day of those fixtures and is accessible directly from Junction 6 of the M27.

Problem is, when they do that so close to the game, a huge amount of fans have already sorted travel and hotels, so will be there anyway trying to get tickets in the home end!

They have. They built it after Pompey fans convinced them their fixture with AC would be a regular date on the calendar and huge numbers would be traveling every time. It is only open on the day of those fixtures and is accessible directly from Junction 6 of the M27.

:D

The actual answer is "they haven't finished building it yet", and it's the line that's meant to link Linate Airport to the city centre. So for the meantime we'll have to use the 73 bus from that airport.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a4/Milano_mappa_M4_progetto.svg/800px-Milano_mappa_M4_progetto.svg.png

Incidentally, have we got anyone who bought tickets to Be'er Sheva today? If so, care to share when and approximate "seat number"?

I don't think we'll have sold even 30 today to people with ST and 15+ away who didn't go to Midtjylland, but we'll see...

Just had an interesting phone call from ticket office asking our plans for Israel, city where we're staying, etc.

Turns out they're considering running a bus from Tel Aviv to Beer Sheva and back for the match.

Either that or they're using that as cover to make sure we're actually going and that people aren't just booking tickets for the hell of it...

Added myself to the interested list even though I've made plans already, we shall see what happens.

Bagsy the back seat for our 5. :D

Did they mention any other drop offs available? i might sign up and say i'm staying with a pal in the Gaza strip

Did they mention any other drop offs available? i might sign up and say i'm staying with a pal in the Gaza strip

They actually only asked "where we were staying" and then "would I be interested in a transfer from Tel Aviv on matchday". They still need to get the pricing right, anything more than £20 return and people will (again) find their own way, poxy train times or not.

I'm guessing they'll run from one of the big hotels or train (or bus) stations in Tel Aviv.

what was the number available?

They didn't actually say, but we'd shifted 7500 by 29th August: http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160829-europa-league-bundle-tickets-update-southampton-3278496.aspx

They went on general sale 2nd September, and we're down 1000 on the total capacity due to UEFA regulations (presumably either the ad boards being higher obscuring a couple of rows, or some weird segregation rules, or possibly media requirements, or maybe even the need to slap UEFA logos all over everything has an impact, I haven't looked but it's probably that we lose the front row or two).

They didn't actually say, but we'd shifted 7500 by 29th August: http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160829-europa-league-bundle-tickets-update-southampton-3278496.aspx

They went on general sale 2nd September, and we're down 1000 on the total capacity due to UEFA regulations (presumably either the ad boards being higher obscuring a couple of rows, or some weird segregation rules, or possibly media requirements, or maybe even the need to slap UEFA logos all over everything has an impact, I haven't looked but it's probably that we lose the front row or two).

Are regulations for the group stages different to ones in the qualifying rounds?

Plus seats for UEFA bigwigs. My season ticket is next to corporate seats. I could sit in it for the qualifying games last season but for group games this year we all got a letter saying our seat was not available and had to move.