Nathan Redmond Joins on 5 Year Deal - Official

Saint Garrett

Most Norwich fans seem to think he's inconsistent, has his head up his ar$e, hasn't improved and while their best player isn't one they'd miss.

Sounds like an English Mané, we'll probably only go and sell him for £32m in 2 years time. Duh.

More award winning journalism from Mr Samuel....

One of the reasons Southampton have survived recent turmoil is they are perceived to be a sensible, well-run club.

A sensible, well-run club that has been reduced to buying Nathan Redmond for £11million when not in possession of a manager. And so it begins.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-3661083/Rory-McIlroy-s-absence-proves-professional-golf-no-place-Olympics.html

One of the reasons Southampton have survived recent turmoil is they are perceived to be a sensible, well-run club.

A sensible, well-run club that has been reduced to buying Nathan Redmond for £11million when not in possession of a manager. And so it begins.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/golf/article-3661083/Rory-McIlroy-s-absence-proves-professional-golf-no-place-Olympics.html

He's like some of the posters on here, he'll keep trotting this crap out until one day he is proven right and he'll celebrate from the roof tops. It doesn't mean his point is valid though.

I'd be surprised if Claude hadn't OK'd the Redmond transfer, he's obviously been on the radar for a little while now. And Redmond is what I'd call a 'club' signing. Bertrand, Forster, Austin, Jay, Redmond - all long term 'club' targets, not dependent on the manager. They've not turned out too bad have they.

People need to start trusting the people at the club who have overseen a 7 year rise.

Standard reaction of fans to a player leaving....we do exactly the same...Wanyama not that good and always suspended, Mane inconsistent etc etc. Wouldn't read too much in to it.

It's been pretty evident he's been inconsistent.

It's pretty evident he's 22

Who already has 205 career games under his belt including two full premier league seasons, plus 28 caps for the England U21s.

So he's hardly some inexperienced fresh faced youngster.

Ward-Prowse is only 21 and has about half as much experience as Redmond but that doesn't seem to excuse him from criticism about his inconsistency.

I find it amazing people's view on him. I listend to Micky Quim who said he was very under whelmed by it and that he was inconsistent and could hardly get in a side that was relegated. Why do people think that? He played 35 league games last season. He played 34 PL games in the 2013/14 season as well. It's similar to Charlie Austin when people say he hardly plays. OK, last season wasn't great, but the 3 season prior to that were pretty full on for him.

I find it amazing people's view on him. I listend to Micky Quim who said he was very under whelmed by it and that he was inconsistent and could hardly get in a side that was relegated. Why do people think that? He played 35 league games last season. He played 34 PL games in the 2013/14 season as well. It's similar to Charlie Austin when people say he hardly plays. OK, last season wasn't great, but the 3 season prior to that were pretty full on for him.

Your mistake was listening to MQ

24 starts and came off the bench 11 times in a team that was poor on quality you'd think he'd be ever present for them.

I didn't watch Norwich that often but the few times I saw him play he seemed to lack quality to me, either producing poor shots or poor crosses.

Townsend almost did as much in about 11 games as Redmond did all season.

3 years ago I'd probably be quite excited by it, but now for a team looking to kick on from 6th? Underwhelming seems a good word for it.

I think he'll be useful addition to the squad what with Europa league, but I'm not sure he particularly improves the squad. Hoep he proves me wrong and shows more of his obvious potential.

That will have taken him about 60 seconds to write - probably on the back of a chocolate bar wrapper.

Hope Redmond comes good and shoves his comments up his gigantic arse.

I live surrounded by Norwich supporters, the general opinion is that he was their most skilful player but didn't always look like he was giving it his all...they also questioned whether Neal, (sp?) knew how best to use him...inexperienced manager/developing player in a high pressure situation?

Given that we're renowned for checking character, background etc I'd imagine that our scouting team have seen plenty enough to think that we can be the club that gives him the platform to kick on - he's been an U21 constant right on through so there have been opportunities to observe him outside the 'struggling club' scenario. He reminds me a bit of Zaha, who went to a different kind of 'wrong' club and that held up his progress and is only now showing that he can be the player expected...I trust we can be the club where that happens for Redmond - I remember we wanted him before he went to Norwich so it's, assumedly, not dampened our interest.

Welcome Nathan Redmond!

He's like some of the posters on here, he'll keep trotting this crap out until one day he is proven right and he'll celebrate from the roof tops. It doesn't mean his point is valid though.

I'd be surprised if Claude hadn't OK'd the Redmond transfer, he's obviously been on the radar for a little while now. And Redmond is what I'd call a 'club' signing. Bertrand, Forster, Austin, Jay, Redmond - all long term 'club' targets, not dependent on the manager. They've not turned out too bad have they.

People need to start trusting the people at the club who have overseen a 7 year rise.

This - too many of our fans think that their opinion is worth a lot more than the tried and tested approach that we have been using for the last few years.

Who already has 205 career games under his belt including two full premier league seasons, plus 28 caps for the England U21s.

So he's hardly some inexperienced fresh faced youngster.

Ward-Prowse is only 21 and has about half as much experience as Redmond but that doesn't seem to excuse him from criticism about his inconsistency.

Played for a relegation standard of squad every season in the Prem though, hopefully with better players around him he'll do well.

Played for a relegation standard of squad every season in the Prem though, hopefully with better players around him he'll do well.

Hope so, but Townsend performed much better in similarly poor teams (QPR and Newcastle).

The guy is clearly talented and seems to have the raw ingredients for an exciting player.

24 starts and came off the bench 11 times in a team that was poor on quality you'd think he'd be ever present for them.

I didn't watch Norwich that often but the few times I saw him play he seemed to lack quality to me, either producing poor shots or poor crosses.

Townsend almost did as much in about 11 games as Redmond did all season.

3 years ago I'd probably be quite excited by it, but now for a team looking to kick on from 6th? Underwhelming seems a good word for it.

I think he'll be useful addition to the squad what with Europa league, but I'm not sure he particularly improves the squad. Hoep he proves me wrong and shows more of his obvious potential.

So poor he was their best player and scored a 25yard screamer vs saints.... but then you didn't watch that either.

So poor he was their best player and scored a 25yard screamer vs saints.... but then you didn't watch that either.

You don't have to be that good to be a poor team's best player, the games I saw of Norwich in the second half of the season Naismith and Hoolohan looked their best players and one good goal doesn't mean he's amazing either, unless we are going with Martina being the new Roberto Carlos after his goal against Arsenal?

You don't have to be that good to be a poor team's best player, the games I saw of Norwich in the second half of the season Naismith and Hoolohan looked their best players and one good goal doesn't mean he's amazing either, unless we are going with Martina being the new Roberto Carlos after his goal against Arsenal?

I think you can only compare yourself to who's around you- if he was the best player at Norwich he may not have felt the need or been coached well enough to improve further. With our coaching team and some better players around him he may well take the next step. Players do tend to improve when they play for us.

• 2 weeks later...
Karsdorp will be a winger? Janssen is a cut inside winger like Mane? Van Overeem will be a star? Sam Larsson is extremely inconsistent.

Makes me wonder how often you've seen these players because this doesn't make sense for one bit.

Hey Feyenoord thanks for your reply! Always nice to hear from other fans even if it is criticism!

Karsdorp - Are you saying he doesn't get forward and be just outside the right of the penalty box that much? As looking at his assists video he seems to be there a lot? Interesting quote from one of your own fans " Karsdorp would be good enough to play for any team in the Premier League outside of the top four or five clubs. If he gets enough playtime, he will develop in a pretty decent full back/wing back" If he can play wing back can he not play as a winger then? Reminds me a bit of a player we had who started life as a defender then moved into being a winger. Wonder what happened to that guy.

Janssen - If you read what I said I said "He is a natural striker". What I meant by cut inside is that he can be out on the wing and move with the ball inside. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i-4h9vmIJQ 2.28 cuts inside, 3.38 comes out to wing, 3.55 on the right etc. He scores a ton of goals from the middle but he scores a lot from the sides too. Maybe Mane was not the best comparison though. But they both have that ability on the ball to be un-predictable and keep it rather than pass it off etc. Has now joined a big club.

Overeem - Obviously that is my opinion. I admit I have not seen him as much as I have others but he seemed good whenever I did. Dutch fans seem to rate him "

What a great player this is so, I hope so that he extended his contract by four years" "Van Overeem AZ again will generate a lot of money for a transfer in a year or two years"

"He will have best potential" "By far the best player of this AZ" "Fighting spirit, perseverance, technique, beautiful to look at (the panna) and efficiency This boy must indeed be cherished." "Overeem belongs in midfield. It is a special class player." "Overeem, class, each week a little better." " I predict that within three years he played for a big club" "What energy! Never give up! Good insight! Let others better player and does a lot of dirty work !! " etc etc

9 assists and was 4th top scorer at AZ is pretty good going for a young lad imo. He also had the 2nd best pass % at the club.

Like I said it is my opinions. One of them has already moved to a big club for relative peanuts. I don't get to watch Dutch league football that much in all honesty. I watch Serie A and the Premier League the most. But if there is a game on and I'm not doing anything I will watch it. So your knowledge of the league will be greater than mine. But it doesn't mean I have no knowledge of the league and players. Just as I am sure you know a lot about the PL.

what's weid is that puel while he was at nice didn't use wingers, basically just box to box full backs with 3 cms 1 am and 2 forwards? was he consulted about this tho?

Isn't the whole point that the coach is required to play the way the club wants rather than how he wants. Thought the process of recruitment took so long because they wanted to make sure they had the man that could adapt successfully without wanting to change everything.

Isn't the whole point that the coach is required to play the way the club wants rather than how he wants. Thought the process of recruitment took so long because they wanted to make sure they had the man that could adapt successfully without wanting to change everything.

I don't think the club dictates what formation a manager is supposed to play, its more of a general idea of how the team should play I.e attacking football, how? Is up to the manager.

Like u saw in the friendly game he's likely to play him as a forward alongside long or austin or j rod.

Lets hope he can adapt to it.