Nathan Redmond Joins on 5 Year Deal - Official

Saint Garrett

He does only have one year left on his contract so its fairly expensive for a "meh" player. But prices this summer are going to be mad.

We will end up selling Wanyama for about the same Redmond will cost.

I fear this might be true yet Wanyama is twice the player ! We are very week in our negotiations unfortunately ..

Who joins a club sans manager ???

Maybe he knows who the manager could be as part of getting hi to join?

Or maybe he knows that he will be joining a well run club, who will be playing in Europe, for a significant increase in pay.

I fear this might be true yet Wanyama is twice the player ! We are very week in our negotiations unfortunately ..

The fact we are now known as a club which needs to sell its best players (and we are - just ask fans of other PL clubs) puts us in a relatively weak position when it comes to negotiating transfer fees. A club like Spurs, on the other hand, can demand much more for its players and get it.

Personally, I think our best option this summer is to put all our efforts into keeping the current squad together as it is on the verge of something special, but there have been leaks from the recent negotiations that there were already planned sales of players, which had been agreed between Reed and Koeman.

The fact we are now known as a club which needs to sell its best players (and we are - just ask fans of other PL clubs) puts us in a relatively weak position when it comes to negotiating transfer fees. A club like Spurs, on the other hand, can demand much more for its players and get it.

Blimey - another one talking utter billocks. There I was thinking that most people and not just those in the club, thought we had done rather well selling Lallana, Lovren, Shaw, Chambers, Schneiderlin. But oh no, we have some **** wits on Saints Web who moan, bîtch and complain about everything.

Personally, I think our best option this summer is to put all our efforts into keeping the current squad together as it is on the verge of something special, but there have been leaks from the recent negotiations that there were already planned sales of players, which had been agreed between Reed and Koeman.

We've never needed to sell our best players, and we don't need to now. The addition of young and promising Redmond could tell the new manager otherwise. Over the years we've always improved the quality of the squad, which is why so many clubs want ours. It's time Saints Web started beating the drum for SFC, and ceases encouraging media gossip trolls.

A player's transfer value has to do with a number of things, not just their ability as a player. If you follow football you would know that. In your case it is just another reason to have a dig at the club.

At the moment, the perception of the media and other clubs is that we are a selling club and that is because they do not understand, or want to understand, our way of doing things (and yet they are happy to praise Spanish clubs that work in a similar way). We are certainly not weak when it comes to getting fees for our players either.

At the moment, the perception of the media and other clubs is that we are a selling club and that is because they do not understand, or want to understand, our way of doing things (and yet they are happy to praise Spanish clubs that work in a similar way). We are certainly not weak when it comes to getting fees for our players either.

That is why Les Read and Co need to stand firm and keep our best players. Buying Redmond would be a positive, but selling ANY players before a new manager has decided who he wants to retain and purchase would be a disaster. It musn't happen again as it did pre Koeman's arrival.

That is why Les Read and Co need to stand firm and keep our best players. Buying Redmond would be a positive, but selling ANY players before a new manager has decided who he wants to retain and purchase would be a disaster. It musn't happen again as it did pre Koeman's arrival.

To late we've already flogged Juanmi.....

In an ideal world - yes, but if there are any players that we have a 'gentleman's agreement' with (thinking Wanyama) or any players that are toxic to the club (e.g. Lovren) then we can get rid of them - at the right price.

To late we've already flogged Juanmi.....

But that precedes RK's official going, and Koeman had already recommended selling Juanmi.

Now it is about convincing a prospective manager that we are not selling his potentially best squad. Otherwise we will not attract the best candidates. It's obvious.

In an ideal world - yes, but if there are any players that we have a 'gentleman's agreement' with (thinking Wanyama) or any players that are toxic to the club (e.g. Lovren) then we can get rid of them - at the right price.

It's not an ideal world that we are in. It's the hard world of convincing the manager that we want that we are ambitious.

The Wanyama situation - if there is a gentleman's agreement - should be handled by the new manager.

Kind of indifferent to Redmond, seems very inconsistent and a little worried about signing someone who was not a regular in a relegated team.

As a squad player for more depth ok, but to actually improve the squad I'm not so sure.

Kind of indifferent to Redmond, seems very inconsistent and a little worried about signing someone who was not a regular in a relegated team.

As a squad player for more depth ok, but to actually improve the squad I'm not so sure.

Yup, dreadful. He only played in 35 league matches last season. Started 24 and subbed in 11. Chipped in with 6 goals and 2 assists.

To be fair, our domestic recruitment over the past few years has been nothing short of fantastic, and we had similar threads when Long and Bertrand were signed. Clearly the black box has found something and with better coaching and team-mates, there's nothing to stop Redmond coming good on his obvious potential.

Indeed. It could be argued we strategically achieved absolute peak value on all of those major major assets, none of which have yet to add to their value at other clubs.

But that precedes RK's official going, and Koeman had already recommended selling Juanmi.

Now it is about convincing a prospective manager that we are not selling his potentially best squad. Otherwise we will not attract the best candidates. It's obvious.

What does it matter if we are going to sell those players regardless of which manager comes in? Wanyama will go even if SAF comes out of retirement to take over here next season so selling him before or after makes no difference as the new manager would be told he's leaving when negotiating.

Indeed. It could be argued we strategically achieved absolute peak value on all of those major major assets, none of which have yet to add to their value at other clubs.

Very good point, the only one who is potentially worth more these days is Clyne but he was in the last year of his contract with us.

What does it matter if we are going to sell those players regardless of which manager comes in? Wanyama will go even if SAF comes out of retirement to take over here next season so selling him before or after makes no difference as the new manager would be told he's leaving when negotiating.

It matters if you don't want the 'Saints are always a selling club' tag, which is an issue when negotiating with potential managers.

So new manager comes in - I want to keep Wanyama is his cry. OK says Les. Les goes to Wanyama - What would it take for you to stay me ol mucker. Wanyamas response - I want to play for someone else and unless you pay me £150,000 per week that's what I'm going to do! Les to new manager - Wanyamas wage demands would cripple us! Can you get someone similar that we can buy? New manager yes I want XYZ player. ERGO the Manager (it doesn't matter who he wants to retain) is not in the driving seat. So if we sell VW before the new manager arrives it makes no difference VW is in the box seat.

Wanyama staying or going has pretty much nothing to do with the manager, frustrating as that might be for you. If he is not going to sign an extension no matter what, then he will be sold this summer.

It matters if you don't want the 'Saints are always a selling club' tag, which is an issue when negotiating with potential managers.

Every single club is a selling club. We finished 6th in one of the most sought after leagues in the world, have a decent squad, excellent facilities, a strong record of recruitment, top class academy ... the only reason Wanayama going would put off a decent candidate is if they are not given funds to replace him.

Think he would be a good signing - young, promising English player with good experience and only going to get better. Also already (presumably) mates with Ward-Prowse, Targett and Stephens (and possibly Reed) from international duty - so will settle in nicely. Keeping my fingers crossed for this as the first of a good summers haul!

Think we should be aiming for better. Tadic is twice the player, and we're apparently unconvinced with him...

Different sorts of players though. Tadic slower, more technical, with eye for a pass. Redmond more of an out-and-out winger with pace.

Nice to have different tools in the tool box.

A player with good prem experience who adds another option to the team and could be coached to become even better. Would be good start to the summer.

My thoughts exactly. Is currently a good PL player, could grow into a great one.