COVID - Returning to St Mary's

Saint Garrett

45 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Weirdly, the guy who I am "bubbling" with, has received nothing from saints, but I have received his ticket. Odd.

That's how it seems to work, if same as what I saw last week you can download his ticket and send on to him , but they need to do healthcare survey etc before game. 

Would be nice if they gave a bit more notice, especially for shift workers not easy to move work Saturday before Christmas. 

I wonder how long the situation with only four out of 20 PL clubs being allowed to have fans in the stadium will be allowed to continue? They always bang on about the "integrity of the competition". That doesn't really stack up with some teams having to play in empty stadiums and some not, even though Saints are going to be on of the privileged few. But maybe the decision will be made anyway when a national lockdown is reintroduced.

1 hour ago, Saint Garrett said:

Weirdly, the guy who I am "bubbling" with, has received nothing from saints, but I have received his ticket. Odd.

mate in same situation, contacted club and was told that l find if you were lead customer they have sent both tickets to you, that's certainly the case with him

4 minutes ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Usually get the train and have a few beers but will drive this weekend. Any tips for anywhere near to the ground in terms of parking - coming from locks heath side. 

yeah i was wondering the same as it must be easier to park closer than a normal matchday

1 hour ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Usually get the train and have a few beers but will drive this weekend. Any tips for anywhere near to the ground in terms of parking - coming from locks heath side. 

I've always parked at Six Dials car park off Trinity Road. Far enough away from city centre to not get too many shoppers but close enough to the stadium. Quite small though. 

5 hours ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

We normally park at the mosque on Compton Walk by the fire station.  £5

5 hours ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

You could try the car park under the Itchen Bridge by the rowing club. You'll probably get in there.

We normally leave the car in Woolston and walk over the bridge because I'm tight and don't like to pay for the bridge or parking!

1 hour ago, Saint Garrett said:

Anyone know how strict they are with the “entry time” on the ticket?

Not particularly in my experience. I think it was stipulated that early to give time to process everyone through but people still seemed to be arriving well past 10.30. Not sure how close the KO I would want to test it though!    Also, some queues were being checked for ID but others weren't. HTH !

6 hours ago, ItchenRob said:

Not particularly in my experience. I think it was stipulated that early to give time to process everyone through but people still seemed to be arriving well past 10.30. Not sure how close the KO I would want to test it though!    Also, some queues were being checked for ID but others weren't. HTH !

There are staggered entry times on tickets, on Sunday it was 10.30, 10.45, 11.00 and 11.15. For Saturday my mate has 1.45, I have 2.15 so will be staggered from 1.30 onwards by the looks of things. 

I don’t think they were being strict on arrival times  on Sunday, but queue at Purple gate was large just gone 11 on Sunday, up to top of steps on bridge, I was in ground by 11.30, so I wouldn’t leave it too late to turn up.

2 hours ago, oldsarum said:

There are staggered entry times on tickets, on Sunday it was 10.30, 10.45, 11.00 and 11.15. For Saturday my mate has 1.45, I have 2.15 so will be staggered from 1.30 onwards by the looks of things. 

I don’t think they were being strict on arrival times  on Sunday, but queue at Purple gate was large just gone 11 on Sunday, up to top of steps on bridge, I was in ground by 11.30, so I wouldn’t leave it too late to turn up.

Ah, didn't realise they were staggered. We were both 10.30 arrivals. Thanks for letting me know as I would have just turned up ridiculously early for the City game as well!

2 hours ago, SaintMB said:

It’s just an attempt to stagger the crowds I think, nothing too firm. On Sunday we (blue gate) we’re all in one long queue anyway and only when we got to the gate did they ask. 

We've been allocated 13:30, but don't really want to get there that early if I'm honest. Hopefully it's no bother heading down at 14:00/14:15.

So last week (Ahead of a Sunday match) everyone who was successful got an email on the Tuesday (There seemed to be loads of people on Twitter sharing their successful screenshots) and on Wednesday everyone who was unsuccessful was notified.   

This week ahead of a Saturday game there certainly doesnt seem to be many people shouting about being successful and we've not had an email either way.   Are Saints being slow this week (ahead of the possible tier changes?) or have I not been one of the chosen ones again?   

25 minutes ago, marc_saint said:

So last week (Ahead of a Sunday match) everyone who was successful got an email on the Tuesday (There seemed to be loads of people on Twitter sharing their successful screenshots) and on Wednesday everyone who was unsuccessful was notified.   

This week ahead of a Saturday game there certainly doesnt seem to be many people shouting about being successful and we've not had an email either way.   Are Saints being slow this week (ahead of the possible tier changes?) or have I not been one of the chosen ones again?   

And randomly just had my "sorry you've been unsuccessful" email 😕

6 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

With multiple places being moved into Tier 3, does that now mean they’ll be unable to go on Saturday? What happens to those tickets already allocated to those people moving into tier 3 areas on Saturday morning? Will club re-allocate to others?

Theoretically, yes. The email sent to everyone who has tickets said that people who were allocated tickets but are now in a Tier 3 area should contact the club for a refund, which rather suggests the club won't necessarily be pro-active on this. No idea how that'll play out, to be honest.