The Maidstone Appreciation Thread

sadoldgit

18 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Don’t be so ridiculous. A coup-sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government. Are you seriously trying to claim they were trying to seize power? Stop exaggerating, I’ve seen worse in Maidstone on a Sat night.  

They were clearly trying to stop the process of electing Joe Biden as President. I really don’t understand why an intelligent person would argue otherwise. There is something about you hard right wingers that thinks this is fine. It isn’t.

As for Maidstone on a Saturday night, I doubt if you have ever been there. If you had, you would know that the drunken meatheads dont give a shit about politics. I can also tell you that you don’t get 5 dead and people armed to the teeth with guns and Molotov cocktails. I guess for people like you, an armed mob trying to subvert democracy is just an every day occurrence and no big deal. It’s no surprise to see Trump ignore the fact that he is ultimately responsible for the death of 5 people, but when a frequent poster on a football forum plays down their deaths it is easy to see how that nutter gets so much support from the masses.

Carrying making lame jokes about Maidstone Duckie if it makes you feel better. To me is just makes you look like a twat.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

They were clearly trying to stop the process of electing Joe Biden as President. I really don’t understand why an intelligent person would argue otherwise. There is something about you hard right wingers that thinks this is fine. It isn’t.

As for Maidstone on a Saturday night, I doubt if you have ever been there. If you had, you would know that the drunken meatheads dont give a shit about politics. I can also tell you that you don’t get 5 dead and people armed to the teeth with guns and Molotov cocktails. I guess for people like you, an armed mob trying to subvert democracy is just an every day occurrence and no big deal. It’s no surprise to see Trump ignore the fact that he is ultimately responsible for the death of 5 people, but when a frequent poster on a football forum plays down their deaths it is easy to see how that nutter gets so much support from the masses.

Carrying making lame jokes about Maidstone Duckie if it makes you feel better. To me is just makes you look like a twat.

I’ve been to Maidstone a few times and never saw any violence apart from a few left wingers posing as drunken meatheads to make the place look bad.

16 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

The saga of Maidstone continues... 

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

I’ve been to Maidstone a few times and never saw any violence apart from a few left wingers posing as drunken meatheads to make the place look bad.

Cant you get your own subreddit or something and save the rest of us the tedious weirdness of cyber stalking an old man? 

11 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

When we finally see the back of Covid, I’m organising a Saints Web night out in Maidstone. After all the good times we’ve had their virtually, we need a decent get together in real life. 

I'm up for that. I'll be the one in the Katie Hopkins tshirt chanting "Oh Tommy Tommy" through Maidstone High Street. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Lighthouse said:

When we finally see the back of Covid, I’m organising a Saints Web night out in Maidstone. After all the good times we’ve had their virtually, we need a decent get together in real life. 

Great idea. Can we get saints web branded body armour to protect us?

18 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

It's infinitely more tedious when you reply every time someone else reacts to a post. 

Less of a waste of space than filling pages explaining why youre really a free thinking liberal despite a posting history of hating on sections of society and bullying anyone the gang thinks deserves it. I’m tempted to send your posts here to Ofsted. They’d be fascinated 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Yes, it will have your user name and squad number on the back. Bonus points for red face paint, Jester hats and Jihadis strapped with dynamite.

Any Maidstone meathead has a pop at me the very least they can expect is a giant foam hand slapped round their canister.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Less of a waste of space than filling pages explaining why youre really a free thinking liberal despite a posting history of hating on sections of society and bullying anyone the gang thinks deserves it. I’m tempted to send your posts here to Ofsted. They’d be fascinated 

Can’t you get your own reddit page rather than weirdly stalking hypo?

13 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Can’t you get your own reddit page rather than weirdly stalking hypo?

Wow you copied someone else’s words. Advanced debating skills indeed. You must strut unchallenged through the old ladies of Harrogate with your Krav Maga skills 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Wow you copied someone else’s words. Advanced debating skills indeed. You must strut unchallenged through the old ladies of Harrogate with your Krav Maga skills 

Proper Weird how you know so much about me and you accuse others of stalking 🙄

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Proper Weird how you know so much about me and you accuse others of stalking 🙄

Difference is I don’t try and prove what a Billy big balls I am by posturing incessantly. Still got your £1,000 nylon and hollow fibre Stone Island jacket? 😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Difference is I don’t try and prove what a Billy big balls I am by posturing incessantly. Still got your £1,000 nylon and hollow fibre Stone Island jacket? 😂😂😂

Now you’re making things up. Tragic.

Still think I’m a printer cartridge salesman? 🤣🤣

Edited by Turkish

14 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I thought you actually were a printer cartridge salesman? You told us about your 58 plate Astra and everything.

also, what the fuck is this thread about, I must have missed something trivial. TIA👍

Edited by Plastic

26 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Nope. Don't know if you ever bought it but you were going on about how great it was - a £50 jacket with a wannabe label on it. 

Whassup? this not as much fun as bullying SOG?   

8 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Nope. Don't know if you ever bought it but you were going on about how great it was - a £50 jacket with a wannabe label on it. 

Whassup? this not as much fun as bullying SOG?   

On the contrary, It’s tremendous fun, I’m enjoy how much you know about me. You know where I live, my hobbies, you seem to remember things I said years ago about things I didn’t buy that I can’t even remember myself. I’m flattered how much I mean to you. Meanwhile I know nothing and have no desire to know anything about you .

Edited by Turkish

22 minutes ago, Plastic said:

I thought you actually were a printer cartridge salesman? You told us about your 58 plate Astra and everything.

also, what the fuck is this thread about, I must have missed something trivial. TIA👍

No, It’s was a joke from years ago, when I said some years ago I worked in technology someone said I was a printer cartridge sales guy. Tim kindly brought it up again the other day to remind us all of of one of the most truly epic jokes ever shared on the internet. I think it must have been at least 8 years ago that this joke was shared which shows how funny it was and how much it meant to to Timmy

Edited by Turkish

23 minutes ago, Plastic said:

Maidstone = Fallujah

Just now, Turkish said:

On the contrary, It’s tremendous fun, I’m enjoy how much you know about me. You know where I live, my hobbies, you seem to remember things I said years ago about things I didn’t buy that I can’t even remember myself. I’m flattered how much I mean to you. 

Oh yep definitely some of the stuff you came out with was hilarious - fucking desperate. Tbf your fame spread beyond just me.  My ex was clinical lecturer at a med school, she even used you as an example in a lecture about advertising / brands / self esteem and ego.      

2 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Oh yep definitely some of the stuff you came out with was hilarious - fucking desperate. Tbf your fame spread beyond just me.  My ex was clinical lecturer at a med school, she even used you as an example in a lecture about advertising / brands / self esteem and ego.      

You told your girlfriend all about the posts someone You’ve never met made on an Internet forum? No wonders she’s your ex.

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, buctootim said:

That's an interesting stance considering the private support I offered you when guided missile was threatening to sue you in real life. I suppose that's another example of the tolerant and empathetic left wing I keep hearing so much about. 

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

You told your girlfriend all about the posts someone You’ve never met made on an Internet forum? No wonders she’s your ex.

Don't undersell yourself.  She asked what I was laughing about and read them. Apparently 120 psychiatry students appreciated it too. 

10 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Don't undersell yourself.  She asked what I was laughing about and read them. Apparently 120 psychiatry students appreciated it too. 

Great to hear I’m having such an impact on so many peoples lives, Not sure whats more desperate though, me posting something or you clinging onto it many, many years later. Can’t say anything you’ve ever posted has had that impact on me.

Edited by Turkish

Weirdly, I reckon most of us would actually get on alright in a pub. I think t’internet tends to dehumanise the people involved and make them more belligerent. I’ve always had a laugh with the handful of people I have met (although they probably low-key think I’m a bell end). Maybe our handsome, smiling faces would have a positive effect on each other in real life.

52 minutes ago, Turkish said:

On the contrary, It’s tremendous fun, I’m enjoy how much you know about me. You know where I live, my hobbies, you seem to remember things I said years ago about things I didn’t buy that I can’t even remember myself. I’m flattered how much I mean to you. Meanwhile I know nothing and have no desire to know anything about you .

He's got "bucked teeth"???

27 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Weirdly, I reckon most of us would actually get on alright in a pub. I think t’internet tends to dehumanise the people involved and make them more belligerent. I’ve always had a laugh with the handful of people I have met (although they probably low-key think I’m a bell end). Maybe our handsome, smiling faces would have a positive effect on each other in real life.

Pap and a few others used to meet up before games. Always sounded like they enjoyed themselves.

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

Which weirdly enough is pretty much what I said to Tim at the time. A few on here come across as sanctimonious bellends but at the end of the day, it's a poxy football forum and I'm sure in real life the vast majority are perfectly pleasant individuals you can have a pint with. That's certainly been my experience with the few I've met anyway. 

Yep. Stuff flying about in a virtual world, and especially when people are bored etc, is completely different to the real world. I'd also hazard a guess that a few of us probably know, or at least know of, quite a few others without realising it. 

I was born near Maidstone, plenty of family around that way.

It's a bit shit to be honest, but then so are most small towns less than an hour from London.

Had some good nights out there but also some absolutely terrible ones. The clubs were often full of chavs on a night out from Chatham which is a truly godforsaken place at least 50 times more grim than anywhere else I've ever been. 

I know a few off here, in fact I have quite a few mutual friends with Turkish from back in the day. 

Met a few people off Ugly Inside when I posted there in the early 2000's. Went to a games with a couple of them although one of them disappeared after he sent me an email meant for his girlfriend which included some quite graphic details. 

3 minutes ago, The Cat said:

I know a few off here, in fact I have quite a few mutual friends with Turkish from back in the day. 

Met a few people off Ugly Inside when I posted there in the early 2000's. Went to a games with a couple of them although one of them disappeared after he sent me an email meant for his girlfriend which included some quite graphic details. 

Maybe it wasn’t. Perhaps he was just testing the water to see if you were interested?

On 10/01/2021 at 16:21, Lighthouse said:

Edited by Raging Bull

5 minutes ago, View From The Top said:

Thinking about it, I once stayed at a Travelodge in Maidstone ahead of an early tunnel crossing.

Top that you fuckers.

I once went past it on the Eurostar and the driver said, "we will shortly be stopping at Ashford International." I didn’t really look up as I was reading my book.

14 hours ago, The Cat said:

I was born near Maidstone, plenty of family around that way.

It's a bit shit to be honest, but then so are most small towns less than an hour from London.

Had some good nights out there but also some absolutely terrible ones. The clubs were often full of chavs on a night out from Chatham which is a truly godforsaken place at least 50 times more grim than anywhere else I've ever been. 

Me too.  Never had anything but a fantastic night out in the likes of Gabriels and Strawberry Moons though 🙄. The rest of your post I would concur 100% with especially the bit about Chatham which is the worst part of Medway which in turn is hands down the worst part of the United Kingdom I have ever set foot in.

2 hours ago, stknowle said:

Me too.  Never had anything but a fantastic night out in the likes of Gabriels and Strawberry Moons though 🙄. The rest of your post I would concur 100% with especially the bit about Chatham which is the worst part of Medway which in turn is hands down the worst part of the United Kingdom I have ever set foot in.

Strawberry Moons, haha there's a blast from the past. We mainly went to Drakes, Hogs Head and Club Orange for the crap indie club nights. 

Chatham is where the word chav originated and anyone who has been there will know why.