Songs Over Tannoy

Saint_lambden

Something a bit more light hearted, I can’t be the only one who has noticed the genius behind our choice of song over the tannoy in the stadium depending on the opposition/context of what’s going on generally? 

The best game for it was the cat related theme when we played West Ham (Zouma). Highlights from the Leeds game: 

“I’m still standing” by Elton John (reference to the club email to fans this week?) 

American Idiot (Jesse Marsch?)

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

On 14/08/2022 at 16:06, The Cat said:

They played Sit Down by James followed by Stand by REM yesterday. I quite enjoy the half time music theme, it's just a bit of fun.

Also good to see the relay back at half time. 

Red threw it away. Looked like was in the bag. 

On 14/08/2022 at 16:06, The Cat said:

Also good to see the relay back at half time. 

Indeed, but what on Earth was going on with the second pair not being on the corner but up by the half-way line? Meant the first pair had to run half a mile and the second pair about 5 yards before the 3rd pair took over. And I thought it was just our defence that was disorganised.... :)

Edited by trousers

54 minutes ago, trousers said:

Indeed, but what on Earth was going on with the second pair not being on the corner but up by the half-way line? Meant the first pair had to run half a mile and the second pair about 5 yards before the 3rd pair took over. And I thought it was just our defence that was disorganised.... :)

That was a bit bizarre. Felt sorry for the 2 lads who only got a short go.

I'd like to see Sammy and Mary give it a proper go in goal as well, a full length dive to tip one around the post would be great.

As an aside, was the balls on cones around the edge of the pitch a new thing? Speeds up the game a little as no waiting for balls if they get shanked into Row Z.

2 hours ago, The Cat said:

I'd like to see Sammy and Mary give it a proper go in goal as well, a full length dive to tip one around the post would be great.

As an aside, was the balls on cones around the edge of the pitch a new thing? Speeds up the game a little as no waiting for balls if they get shanked into Row Z.

Maybe that is the plan for Lis this season, he'll be fourth keeper/Sammy Saint for the half time entertainment.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, trousers said:

Ralph's obviously having input into the relay race. 🤔

4 hours ago, The Cat said:

Yes, the PL have brought in "multiball" for this season with all the ball boys/girls having one each and the others dotted about on the cones. Definitely helps speed things up....