New Signings- How Will We Line Up?

Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd

9 hours ago, saintscottofthenortham said:

I’d like to see Edozie tried down the right with Orsic on the left.

All hinges on a new striker for me, then a possible right winger if Stu can’t get fit or Edozie not effective. 

73DB8D89-6AC5-41A1-B34E-908AF880DB86.jpeg

I'd say basically this. 

I am pretty sure Orsic has always played off the left most of his career for Zagreb, cutting in and shooting with his right foot. He's basically a less good right footed Arjen Robben. Considering he has decent stature and is a pretty well established player I can't see us playing him out of position. 

Really the signings (plus those coming back from injury) need to push the likes of Adams, Armstrong (A), Perraud, Maitland-Niles etc. out of the team as regular starters and then we have improved depth and options from the bench. 

Orsic, Acaraz, new striker, plus then Tino and Armstrong hopefully getting fit and firing should change the dynamic of the whole team. 

The signings scream 4-3-3, so it will be interesting to see us trot out with 5 at the back.

Orsic is a wide left player, and Alcaraz looks like he's an attacking midfielder in a 3 as SaintScott has said above. I don't see Alcaraz playing the "Lavia" role.

If we could have something like the below, we suddenly look like we have a decent chance of staying up...

-----------Bazunu
KWP -- ABK -- Salisu -- Perraud
------------Lavia---------------
--------Jwp ---Alcaraz--------
Doku -------ST-------Orsic

Edited by Saint Garrett
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, saintscottofthenortham said:

All hinges on a new striker for me, then a possible right winger if Stu can’t get fit or Edozie not effective. 

Looks interesting and promising. However, our success really would depend on whether the striker is “Adams” or “Pending”. Assuming “Pending” is any good. 
If it stays at Adams I fear we may as well give up.

17 hours ago, saintscottofthenortham said:

17 hours ago, saintscottofthenortham said:

No Lyanco? First name on the teamsheet!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Our "patient, supportive and loyal fanbase" strikes again. Stuff like this really makes me want us to go down.

Why has he given u any ray of hope that he's the right man for the job, idiots like you who bury your head in the sand is reason why Ralph was wrongly kept in the job to long, there is a glimmer albeit a feint one that we could get out of this, but it needs the right man in charge along wirh 2/3 players,  to say im not loyal when youve no idea who i am because i have a different opinion than you, sorry in future ill agree with you on all saints matters then that way i can be classed as loyal

Edited by danjosaint

21 minutes ago, danjosaint said:

Why has he given u any ray of hope that he's the right man for the job, idiots like you who bury your head in the sand is reason why Ralph was wrongly kept in the job to long, there is a glimmer albeit a feint one that we could get out of this, but it needs the right man in charge along wirh 2/3 players,  to say im not loyal when youve no idea who i am because i have a different opinion than you, sorry in future ill agree with you on all saints matters then that way i can be classed as loyal

Who's burying their head but there is a difference between not agreeing with someone being in a job and resorting to personal abuse on them.

12 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I've never claimed to be. But I've seen several on here claim that about our fanbase and it just isn't correct.

If you've "never claimed to be" a loyal, patient or supportive fan of Southampton Football Club and you "really want" us to be relegated then I don't know what you're doing on here at all, let alone judging others.

Edited by CB Fry

54 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

If you've "never claimed to be" a loyal, patient or supportive fan of Southampton Football Club and you "really want" us to be relegated then I don't know what you're doing on here at all, let alone judging others.

Habit I guess.

I simply don't like club personnel being personally abused in that way. There's a difference between not wanting someone in the job and attacking them like this.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, leeham_69 said:

I'd really like to see something like this:

New Signing

New Signing - New Signing - New Signing - New Signing

New Signing - JWP

New Signing - New Signing - New Signing

New Signing

Yes but which 10 other existing players would you pick while waiting the customary 28 days for the new signings to get up to speed with our brilliant system which gets us playing football like Arsenal? You can't expect just to walk into such a great side - a place has to be earned over time.

Good question - I’d probably run a raffle from the light show wristbands and let ten lucky fans try their best.

10 hours ago, saintant said:

Yes but which 10 other existing players would you pick while waiting the customary 28 days for the new signings to get up to speed with our brilliant system which gets us playing football like Arsenal? You can't expect just to walk into such a great side - a place has to be earned over time.