Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

1 minute ago, Harry_SFC said:

Just out of interest, did Luton try and re-sign him for this season?

I'm not sure. They signed Kabore quite early on from City. Wonder if Drameh wanted to give it a crack at Leeds before making a decision and Luton wanted an early signing so decided not to wait. 

3 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Ah. Didn't realise. Yeah that could be problematic, especially if we do sell Che and he is being signed as the replacement. 

Yep, it’s an “If”.

An alternative if. If he’s being signed as a replacement for an outgoing Tall Paul…..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

So his current form isnt relevant?

To be sub subbed is pretty embarassing. And now a promotion rival is happy to move him on because they dont rate him highly enough.

He doesnt improve us and would be a massive downgrade on KWP if thats what we're thinking

He came on at left back, had a mare, and was subbed.

That would worry me if he was a left back.

He's a right back. 

Ross Stewart would be a great signing provided our medical team is comfortable he isn’t going to be hampered by his injury. Might be out for a month but, in the long run, he will be class. No point signing someone of lesser quality just because they are available a bit sooner.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, James said:

Ross Stewart would be a great signing provided our medical team is comfortable he isn’t going to be hampered by his injury. Might be out for a month but, in the long run, he will be class. No point signing someone of lesser quality just because they are available a bit sooner.

There is a point if our form takes a dive once Che leaves. 

1 minute ago, hypochondriac said:

No kwp in any training pictures. I expect him to go but it's still pretty gutting when they actually do. 

How much are we thinking? He's probably worth £20million but isn't his contract up next summer? Probably be lucky to get £15million. 

29 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

That's not what was asked though. Go into the season with the squad as it is or buy and sell as usual? 

Keep what we have... assuming ABK is fit to play. Tweak it as needed in January. 

4 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

There is a point if our form takes a dive once Che leaves. 

For one month? Probably a risk worth taking if we are going to be better off in the long run with a striker like Stewart. Burnley were 15th at the end of October, we are already ahead of where they were….

It will be interesting to see what happens with Che.  I really like him but there's part of me that's worried his current uptick in goals is a typical Che Adam's streak - only to fade to where he scoops over with an impossible miss.  Maybe then a replacement would t be a bad thing.

On this basis I will be more disappointed if KWP goes than Che.  

If he does stay then I hope Che's streak lasts and lasts.

"Braced for a bid" btw...what even is that kind of reporting? Weren't Aberdeen also braced for a bid a few days ago? We're in peoples heads without doing anything. 

The thirst for links is so desperate that it leads to this kind of reporting. Being seen to be active in the market is a victory in itself. Such weird times.

• Like 1

For one month? Probably a risk worth taking if we are going to be better off in the long run with a striker like Stewart. Burnley were 15th at the end of October, we are already ahead of where they were….

Recovering from injury in a month doesn't mean it's likely that he will be starting games or playing 90 minutes at that point. He will need to be eased into things and learn the system like everyone else. It's much more likely that it would take closer to November and for me that's just too long. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Didnt realise Alcaraz was sub subbed and is being replaced by a new signing because we dont think hes good enough

Why are you not okay with Drameh having a bad game but on another thread you're trying to convince people Che Adams is worth keeping? 

Recovering from injury in a month doesn't mean it's likely that he will be starting games or playing 90 minutes at that point. He will need to be eased into things and learn the system like everyone else. It's much more likely that it would take closer to November and for me that's just too long. 

For me he is as good a striker as we are going to get for this division - he’s class on his day. It’s a long season and I’d rather buy someone who, IMO, would suit us perfectly than get someone inferior just for the sake of a bit of time to ramp up.

• Like 1

For me he is as good a striker as we are going to get for this division - he’s class on his day. It’s a long season and I’d rather buy someone who, IMO, would suit us perfectly than get someone inferior just for the sake of a bit of time to ramp up.

Losing Che at this point and replacing him with someone who is likely not going to match fit and starting games until November is much too big of a risk for a team looking for immediate promotion. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

How much are we thinking? He's probably worth £20million but isn't his contract up next summer? Probably be lucky to get £15million. 

There's some real Mandela effect going on with KWP's contract! 

3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Losing Che at this point and replacing him with someone who is likely not going to match fit and starting games until November is much too big of a risk for a team looking for immediate promotion. 

So is losing Che and replacing him with someone bang average who is available sooner…

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

He must have one hell of an agent.

IMG_2428.jpeg

We'll have no strikers left if we keep offloading them all! I hope the club don't think AA is the answer just because he's scored 4 goals this season (2 of which were penalties and one he knew nothing about). I like him but he's better anywhere but up top.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Exactly, pick him up in January to add firepower, like we did with Billy Sharp who also had a bad injury in the August 2011 window. If Che does go this week what we need first is our ‘Lambert’ eg main striker fit and ready now. We are playing too many promotion rivals in September and October to risk throwing points away in. 

• Like 3

Just now, hypochondriac said:

Which is why we should replace him with someone as decent as possible who can play for us now. 

As we've been doing hypotheticals...replace Che with someone bang average who can play now, or someone better but who can't play for a couple of months?

I'll take the latter. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, egg said:

As we've been doing hypotheticals...replace Che with someone bang average who can play now, or someone better but who can't play for a couple ofd months?

I'll take the latter. 

So would I but I'd rather not take the risk if we don't have to do so and thankfully those aren't the only two choices. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, egg said:

As we've been doing hypotheticals...replace Che with someone bang average who can play now, or someone better but who can't play for a couple of months?

I'll take the latter. 

Or another theoretical…keep Che, sell Tall Paul, buy Rod Stewart.

Nah, far too optimistic that.

• Like 1

So would I but I'd rather not take the risk if we don't have to do so and thankfully those aren't the only two choices. 

In reality, they may be! I still reckon Zeqiri personally, but I don't pretend to know whether he's any good. 

Just now, egg said:

In reality, they may be! I still reckon Zeqiri personally, but I don't pretend to know whether he's any good. 

My feeling is that Zeqiri is the Tella replacement/winger. He doesn’t sound like a Che replacement.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Kraken said:

Or another theoretical…keep Che, sell Tall Paul, buy Rod Stewart.

Nah, far too optimistic that.

Rod Stewart would do more than Tall Paul to be fair. Good fitness too, but he's Forever Young so what do you expect. 

1 minute ago, egg said:

They aren't though. We shouldn't be signing someone bang average. The club have been telling us all summer how have been preparing for player sales and they've had months to scope out options for a striker. There's absolutely no excuse for not getting one in who is fit and who can fit our system. Unless Stewart is much closer to fitness than has been reported, It's simply not acceptable if Adams leaves at this point to bring Stewart in and then act like there was no alternative. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, James said:

That would be an ideal outcome. As you say, wishful thinking.

Even I would be praising the club hierarchy for a move like that. Would instantly improve our promotion chances which is not something you can say for all of our transfer dealings this summer. 

Even I would be praising the club hierarchy for a move like that. Would instantly improve our promotion chances which is not something you can say for all of our transfer dealings this summer. 

Sunderland forum seems to think we could get him for £5 million. If that’s even close to true then can’t see why we wouldn’t do the deal, keep Che until January and if all is well and he gets his move then that works for all parties…

• Like 5

Just now, James said:

Sunderland forum seems to think we could get him for £5 million. If that’s even close to true then can’t see why we wouldn’t do the deal, keep Che until January and if all is well and he gets his move then that works for all parties…

Agreed that would be the perfect outcome. I'm assuming we sell our remaining 4 prem quality players so don't want to seriously entertain the possibility of keeping Che but it really would make us strong. Bring Wood in and with our existing midfield options we will be looking very good even if we lose Sulemana, KWP and ABK.