Mullin/Lambert/Vardy comparison (Split)

Deanovski

1 hour ago, Deanovski said:

If we had anything about us we'd go for mullins and langstaff for the championship next season.

Sick of seeing this test being overrated. Yeah he’s scored a few goals, but he’s playing in the national league ffs. 

I’ve seen people debating how many he’d score in the prem ffs 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Silverlake Stadium sized mentality.

As a season ticket holder at eastleigh  I can only say I wish.

Anyway nice lack of vision, you probably wouldn't have signed vardy either. 

5 minutes ago, Deanovski said:

Give it a rest. Just some bloke from a club on a TV show. Unlike Vardy he's already played hundreds of matches in the Football League and he'll be 29 next season. I think Vardy was winning the Premier League by that age, not still twatting about in Non League.

Oh what a visionary you are.

7 minutes ago, Deanovski said:

There is a reason why he’s been playing non league at 28 years old 

im Not sure if it’s the 6 goals in 40 For Swindon or 8 in 42 for Tranmere but those impressive feats in league one and two tell me the new Jamie Vardy he ain’t by maybe it’s just our lack of vision.

43 minutes ago, Turkish said:

There is a reason why he’s been playing non league at 28 years old 

im Not sure if it’s the 6 goals in 40 For Swindon or 8 in 42 for Tranmere but those impressive feats in league one and two tell me the new Jamie Vardy he ain’t by maybe it’s just our lack of vision.

You're certainly one mong I haven't missed. 

You'd have both said the same about Lambert probably.

Screenshot_20230506_004032_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Deanovski

6 hours ago, Deanovski said:

We signed Lambert for a big fee on the back of him being League One player of the year and top scorer in the division. Which was also the division we were in at the time.

So everyone I remember was delighted with that. It certainly wasn't a "visionary" signing. It was a League One version of City signing Haaland, the best available striker at that level and we got him because we had coin.

Rickie Lambert also never kicked a non league ball in his life.

What has any of this got to do with us as one of the richest clubs in the second tier signing a 28 year old from Non League with no decent League record to speak of?

Honestly this is not going well for you.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Deanovski said:

Lack of vision 😂😂😂 

Had it not been for a TV show no one would have heard of him. 

Rather than having vision, you my friend are what they call a sheep. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Deanovski said:

Except lambert had scored 29 goals in league one the previous season you know like the same league we were in at the time, 2 leagues higher than Mullins who has only ever scored 3 goals in league one but other than that yeah you make an amazing point, oh the vision you have 🤣

I’ll ignore the mong comment as I’m sure it’s just because you’re getting all upset because the facts make your point look very silly. Try and show a little restraint when posting on a football forum especially when trying to make yourself out as some sort of transfer visionary 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dman said:

Lack of vision 😂😂😂 

Had it not been for a TV show no one would have heard of him. 

Rather than having vision, you my friend are what they call a sheep. 

I'm literally a season ticket holder at eastleigh, how'd i hear about Langstaff? On Notts counties TV show?  Nice one pal.

Edited by Deanovski

9 minutes ago, Deanovski said:

I'm literally a season ticket holder at eastleigh, how'd i hear about Langstaff? On Notts counties TV show?  Nice one pal.

What has that got to do with you literally banging on about a player 250 miles away in north wales? Nice on pal.

Edited by Turkish

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

What has that got to do with you literally banging on about a player 250 miles away in north wales? Nice on pal.

I'm not banging on about a player in northwales. I suggested 2 strikers who I've seen play multiple times and look like they definitely can play above their current level who are on a different trajectory than saints and that's up. Every just sees the name Mullen and gets some weird stiffy about it.

Edited by Deanovski

2 minutes ago, Deanovski said:

I'm not banging on about a player in northwales. I suggested 2 strikers who I've seen play multiple times and look like they definitely can play above their current level who are on a different trajectory than saints and that's up. Every just sees the name Mullen and gets some weird stiffy about it.

Agreed. Apart from saying everyone else lacked your vision, we’d have said the same about rickie lambert and he might be the new Vardy and calling me a mong for throwing some real life facts at you that suggest otherwise you’ve barely mentioned him.

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Agreed. Apart from saying everyone else lacked your vision, we’d have said the same about rickie lambert and he might be the new Vardy and calling me a mong for throwing some real life facts at you that suggest otherwise you’ve barely mentioned him.

I think I said one person didn't have vision if other people think they fit that bill then that's on them.

Like I said, people chose to just go on about Mullin. It's just my opinion, after all. For all the times I heard in league 1 Lambert couldn't play in the Prem, was more of my point. If you see my OP I did mention him.

Just now, Deanovski said:

I think I said one person didn't have vision if other people think they fit that bill then that's on them.

Like I said, people chose to just go on about Mullin. It's just my opinion, after all. For all the times I heard in league 1 Lambert couldn't play in the Prem, was more of my point. If you see my OP I did mention him.

Yet you called me a mong for providing some evidence which didn’t back up your opinion. That when Mullins did play two leagues higher he struggled. That’s not lacking vision it’s called reality. 

10 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Yet you called me a mong for providing some evidence which didn’t back up your opinion. That when Mullins did play two leagues higher he struggled. That’s not lacking vision it’s called reality. 

Lambert had seasons in league 1 where he struggled. Mullin joined Wrexham after being top goalscorer in league 2 that's also reality.

Langstaff  hasn't played above Vanarama but in the last few years has become a goal machine especially in a VERY good Notts co side.

If I'm truthfully honest I'd be absolutely demoralised if we signed either Mullins or that Langstaff bloke. The logic attributed to signing these guys is like saying ''We signed VVD from the SPL, he turned out great - let's sign Craig Hackett from hearts''

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Deanovski said:

Lambert had seasons in league 1 where he struggled. Mullin joined Wrexham after being top goalscorer in league 2 that's also reality.

Langstaff  hasn't played above Vanarama but in the last few years has become a goal machine especially in a VERY good Notts co side.

Great point, except league two isn’t league one. Plus Mullins has never scored goals in league one, he had one season there and scored 3, prior to 2020/21 season hed never scored more than 10 goals in a season at any level. 

in going to stick my neck out here and say that with him being 29 in November and never delivered about league two level every single premier and championship club will also lack your vision and not sign him this summer. 

Edited by Turkish

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

If I'm truthfully honest I'd be absolutely demoralised if we signed either Mullins or that Langstaff bloke. The logic attributed to signing these guys is like saying ''We signed VVD from the SPL, he turned out great - let's sign Craig Hackett from hearts''

Every single player that scores goals in non league is the new Jamie Vardy and if you don’t agree with me you are a mong who lacks vision 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Not quite my g

20 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Every single player that scores goals in non league is the new Jamie Vardy and if you don’t agree with me you are a mong who lacks vision 🤣🤣🤣

Probably you're right. and the fact he's also onto a good thing at Wrexham. Not saying they're the new Vardy by any means but to instantly dismiss them when I can imagine next to none of you have watched them play.

3 minutes ago, Deanovski said:

Probably you're right. and the fact he's also onto a good thing at Wrexham. Not saying they're the new Vardy by any means but to instantly dismiss them when I can imagine next to none of you have watched them play.

Scenes when he's not even in the Wrexham 11 by the end of next season.

7 minutes ago, Deanovski said:

Not quite my g

I appreciate you've probably seen a lot of this guy as you watch national league, which is fair enough - but you have to put it into context and look at who he is playing against.

I would say Mullins is almost certainly playing below his level, that's why he's heads and shoulders above - but I'd argue that his level will never be higher than that of L2/Lower L1 at an absolute push, as has been shown to be true across his entire career up to this point.

This isn't the scenario you are trying to paint of us missing out/not seeing an unknown/young player from non-league, we'd be picking up an almost 30 year old who has never really performed above L2. Fitness wise alone, he'd never be able to make the step up now. 'IF' he was 21/22 then maybe there's a shout to be had, but not anymore.

He's a late bloomer, but too late for decent levels of football.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I appreciate you've probably seen a lot of this guy as you watch national league, which is fair enough - but you have to put it into context and look at who he is playing against.

I would say Mullins is almost certainly playing below his level, that's why he's heads and shoulders above - but I'd argue that his level will never be higher than that of L2/Lower L1 at an absolute push, as has been shown to be true across his entire career up to this point.

This isn't the scenario you are trying to paint of us missing out/not seeing an unknown/young player from non-league, we'd be picking up an almost 30 year old who has never really performed above L2. Fitness wise alone, he'd never be able to make the step up now. 'IF' he was 21/22 then maybe there's a shout to be had, but not anymore.

He's a late bloomer, but too late for decent levels of football.

I'd agree some national league defenses are a shambles. I'm more inclined to agree given  age that he has less of a chance of stepping up. My annoyance comes from me being painted as a wrexham/mullin super fan when the younger Langstaff scored more goals than him this season and my suggestion of him is overlooked, due to some weird hatred for wrexham and their success stroy. He'd also be significantly cheaper and I'd rather give him a punt than Onuachu 😂

Edited by Deanovski

I'd agree some national league defenses are a shambles. I'm more inclined to agree given  age that he has less of a chance of stepping up. My annoyance comes from me being painted as a wrexham/mullin super fan when the younger langstaff scored more goals than him this season. He'd also be significantly cheaper and I'd rather give him a punt than Onuachu 😂

played well against sheffield united…

12 hours ago, SNSUN said:

We effectively need 12 points from 12 - we've only managed 12 in the last 4 months. If we survive it will rival any miracle Jesus could perform.

Pretty sure Ostlund is long retired. That said, he'd still be a better option than AMN.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Deanovski said:

I'd agree some national league defenses are a shambles. I'm more inclined to agree given  age that he has less of a chance of stepping up. My annoyance comes from me being painted as a wrexham/mullin super fan when the younger Langstaff scored more goals than him this season and my suggestion of him is overlooked, due to some weird hatred for wrexham and their success stroy. He'd also be significantly cheaper and I'd rather give him a punt than Onuachu 😂

Are you seriously suggesting that a non league player could be the man to propel us to promotion from the championship, and using Rickie Lambert (who'd done it at league level, and joined us in league 1) as your reference point? 

41 minutes ago, egg said:

Are you seriously suggesting that a non league player could be the man to propel us to promotion from the championship, and using Rickie Lambert (who'd done it at league level, and joined us in league 1) as your reference point? 

Imagine Leicester fans "are you suggesting Vardy is the man to propel us to winning the Premier league?"

1 minute ago, Deanovski said:

Imagine Leicester fans "are you suggesting Vardy is the man to propel us to winning the Premier league?"

The Jamie Vardy who went from non league to league 2? That Jamie Vardy? Bit different than non league to Championship. 

He went from non league to championship bro.

and took a while to get going, right?

We need someone to bang 20+ goals next season, otherwise the Sports Republic circle of hell will absolutely continue

Edited by AlexLaw76

3 minutes ago, egg said:

Fleetwood were in league 2 mate. That was his stepping stone. 

They weren’t. He was picked up from the conference after hitting 31 goals. Conference transfer record.

That aside, I don’t think it’s the best analogy to use.

• Haha 1

Jesus fucking wept!

If you honestly think a non league no mark is going to IMPROVE our team (despite how shit it currently is), you need to check yourself into the Betty Ford clinic, as you clearly have a serious substance abuse issue.

Get a grip.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

They weren’t. He was picked up from the conference after hitting 31 goals. Conference transfer record.

That aside, I don’t think it’s the best analogy to use.

You sure? Fleetwood were in league 2 in 2011 when he joined and his goals for them promotion to league 1? Stand to be corrected but that's my understanding. 

1 minute ago, egg said:

You sure? Fleetwood were in league 2 in 2011 when he joined and his goals for them promotion to league 1? Stand to be corrected but that's my understanding. 

Although from Wiki

On 17 May 2012, it was announced that Vardy would be signing for Championship club Leicester City ahead of the 2012–13 season, for a reported fee of £1 million, a non-League record, which could potentially be worth up to £1.7 million with add-ons.

4 minutes ago, egg said:

Yeah I’m sure, conference premier when he signed albeit he’d just got them promoted. As below, it was a conference transfer record. Talkspot article on him below references it too.

https://talksport.com/football/707502/leicester-jamie-vardy-non-league-fleetwood-town-premier-league-non-league/

• Like 1

it’s simple, look at his age, probably at his peak now but in a year or two will be coming towards the end of his career, look at how he’s done playing a level or two above and put the two things together. 

I don’t need to watch him play although maybe I unknowingly have when he was at another team as watch a lot of league two football probably 15 games a season live and my son is in a league two clubs player development centre have a fair idea what the standard is like in that league. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Turkish said:

it’s simple, look at his age, probably at his peak now but in a year or two will be coming towards the end of his career, look at how he’s done playing a level or two above and put the two things together. 

I don’t need to watch him play although maybe I unknowingly have when he was at another team as watch a lot of league two football probably 15 games a season live and my son is in a league two clubs player development centre have a fair idea what the standard is like in that league. 

Oh so because your sons  at a football club you're a psychic who can assess players ability without seeing? Got it, Melvin 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, egg said:

Fleetwood were in league 2 mate. That was his stepping stone. 

1 hour ago, egg said:

The Jamie Vardy who went from non league to league 2? That Jamie Vardy? Bit different than non league to Championship. 

I'll take the apology now 

Oh so because your sons  at a football club you're a psychic who can assess players ability without seeing? Got it, Melvin 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Did you miss the other bit about watching a lot of league two football or are you just being a bellend? Think I know the answer to that one given you called me a mong right at the start of this discussion. I guess you being “literally a season ticket holder at eastleigh” makes you more of a visionary to assess a conference players ability. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Did you miss the other bit about watching a lot of league two football or are you just being a bellend? Think I know the answer to that one given you called me a mong right at the start of this discussion. I guess you being “literally a season ticket holder at eastleigh” makes you more of a visionary to assess a conference players ability. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

It would actually seeing as I watch it and you don't? 

It would actually seeing as I watch it and you don't? 

You’d think so wouldn’t you, but despite wearing your Eastleigh season ticket like a badge of honour you know fuck all about football. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Turkish said:

You’d think so wouldn’t you, but despite wearing your Eastleigh season ticket like a badge of honour you know fuck all about football. 

Sure I do pal. Saints should hire you Turkish the psychic scout. 👍

Sure I do pal. Saints should hire you Turkish the psychic scout. 👍

They probably should to be fair, I could do a lot better than some of the donuts scouting the shit we’ve signed 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mullin/Lambert/Vardy comparison (Split)