Busy 63 days

Baz Fl

So once we’ve kicked our last ball in the Premier League we will have 63 days before we kick off our first game in the Championship! Scary thought. What steps would you like to see taken? Can it be done? 3 teams went last year and only 1 handled it well. 🙏

5 hours ago, Baz Fl said:

So once we’ve kicked our last ball in the Premier League we will have 63 days before we kick off our first game in the Championship! Scary thought. What steps would you like to see taken? Can it be done? 3 teams went last year and only 1 handled it well. 🙏

25+ of those days the club and players will be on 'holiday'.

• Like 2

First things first. Don’t sit on your hands and start acting now. I’d therefore like to see Selles gone today. If he’s not staying (which I sincerely hope he isn’t) then why keep him? Identify who you want and if available get them in. 

7 hours ago, Baz Fl said:

3 teams go every year! 

It's sounds very short do they must be planning now. I like Selles bit not sure he's the best option. I do think he will make a career at some level as a Manager. I wish him well. He had a hugely tough task after that idiot Jones.

We need to decide who the manager needs to be quickly, before the end of this season ideally and I want to see someone who csn demand some sort of respect very quickly. I'd like Potter (but that won't happen. I'd be happy with Viera or Gerrard. I fear we will go for another manager who is up and coming but has no gravitas to begin with. 

We need someone who has a very good track record or is almost on their last opportunity to make it as a top manager. 

Then we clear out / raise funds by shifting KWP, JWP, Diallo, ABK, Salisu, AA, Walcott, Adams AMC. 

For next Season

GK...Bazanu / New Experienced 

LB...Perraud / Larios

RB...Tino / New

DCM...Lavia...New...New

AM....Alcarez...Armstrong

Forwards/Wingers....Tella...Edozie...Adams...Ballard...Sulemana

Onoucha might be worth a look at at this level.

And there will 2 or 3 kids that probably get a chance. 

Huge summer ahead....

1) Tell selles he is not going to be at the club in any circumstance

2) try and find a manager with the right mentality who wants to score goals and have method of play like the guy at Swansea for example and get whomever in early

3) do NOT offer contracts to Ely, Dan N'undulu etc and sell those saleable assets early so we have a clear picture of the players left behind and what will be needed 

4) cut ticket prices massively we will be by far and away the most expensive club to watch in the Championship if they dont and that will have a major impact on season tickets and even match by match games imaging paying £60 (in the top seats) to watch Huddersfield

5) after sorting out playing side need to work on some recognition for the long suffering fans other than ticket prices ( a free drink once per home game or something not another bleeding pin badge)

6) forget football for a while and watch the cricket should be a good Ashes series 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Baz Fl said:

This club has a losing mentality and it has done for a couple of years. That comes right from the top with Semmens and his "lucky to be in this league, you should all be grateful" comments. Managers setting up to not lose rather than win, players who have got used to losing. We really do need a big culture change from top to bottom starting with giving Marketing Martin the chance to make up for all those times he was away from his family. Bring in a manager with a winning mentality not a nice guy or one that looks good on a spreadsheet and a few experienced players who have can give us a tougher spine. We can blend the youngsters in around them.

• Like 3

First thing we have to get right are the people making the calls - manager, scouts, recruitment, directors. That all needs to be in place so the people making the calls for next season are the people who are invested in it.

Before we spend a single penny or sell anyone the above needs to be in place, but I think we all know that won't happen. We'll probably get to August still claiming we are comfortable with the current situation as Horseman and Martin line up to take charge for the first game.

• Like 1

It has been a bewildering season and for the first time in nearly 60 years of supporting Saints I have felt no connection with these players. McCarthy sums it up last night…4 shots and 4 goals.

Edited by dellboysaint
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MarkSFC said:

Then we clear out / raise funds by shifting KWP, JWP, Diallo, ABK, Salisu, AA, Walcott, Adams AMC. 

I'd be hanging onto AA. He scored 28 goals in his last Championship season. Decent chance we will finally see some return on our investment. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Le Timmier said:

I'd be hanging onto AA. He scored 28 goals in his last Championship season. Decent chance we will finally see some return on our investment. 

I wouldn't. He needs a new start, we need a new start without him. We need to freshen up mentally more than anything, from the top to the bottom. 

Benefit of knowing our fate now, is that we have the longest amount of time to prep for the first game of the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saint Garrett said:

I wouldn't. He needs a new start, we need a new start without him. We need to freshen up mentally more than anything, from the top to the bottom. 

Benefit of knowing our fate now, is that we have the longest amount of time to prep for the first game of the season.

I am having flashbacks on the World Cup break and restart we benefitted from!

Get rid of Selles when the final whistle goes against Liverpool. 

Send Semmens with him, at least then he doesn’t have that tough responsibility of watching us every week, such a commitment from him. 

5 hours ago, MarkSFC said:

3 teams go every year! 

It's sounds very short do they must be planning now. I like Selles bit not sure he's the best option. I do think he will make a career at some level as a Manager. I wish him well. He had a hugely tough task after that idiot Jones.

We need to decide who the manager needs to be quickly, before the end of this season ideally and I want to see someone who csn demand some sort of respect very quickly. I'd like Potter (but that won't happen. I'd be happy with Viera or Gerrard. I fear we will go for another manager who is up and coming but has no gravitas to begin with. 

We need someone who has a very good track record or is almost on their last opportunity to make it as a top manager. 

For next Season

GK...Bazanu / New Experienced 

LB...Perraud / Larios

RB...Tino / New

DCM...Lavia...New...New

AM....Alcarez...Armstrong

Forwards/Wingers....Tella...Edozie...Adams...Ballard...Sulemana

Onoucha might be worth a look at at this level.

And there will 2 or 3 kids that probably get a chance. 

Huge summer ahead....

Hanging onto Lavia seems a bit ambitious. Even if he stays though I think a squad with no CBs is probably too high risk. 

But the squad of players doesn't really matter if we don't get the right manager with the right attitude, the right plan and a new playing style in. Priority number one. 

• Like 1