West Brom 14/1

Stoke 20/1

Sunderland 20/1

Blackburn 25/1

Millwall 25/1

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Leicester will be losing all their best players, their squad depth is shite and they apparently have no money. 

Leeds very much depends on whether the new owners want to spend the cash; they appear to have some daft clauses in some of the current squads contracts which means a few of them will be walking away for very little

Middlesbrough have a decent side, with an up and coming young manager - but you wonder will he be tempted away when a Premier League club comes calling next season (Around Christmas)

If we can keep the spine of the team and add in a bit of quality up front (for the Championship) I am actually pretty confident. A good start and a few early wins will get the crowd onside and away we go! (Don't be too harsh, I am fed up with feeling negative)

• Like 6

I think there’s going to be one or two of the relegated sides that will struggle and Saints will be one of them. It’s going to take a huge effort to eradicate that losing mentality that became so pervasive over the last 2-3 years, particularly against ‘lesser’ teams.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

I think there’s going to be one or two of the relegated sides that will struggle and Saints will be one of them. It’s going to take a huge effort to eradicate that losing mentality that became so pervasive over the last 2-3 years, particularly against ‘lesser’ teams.

Depends who we get at the start of the season. If we start with tough fixtures and get a slow start then it will hamper us and gift points to potential rivals.

I'm more interested to see who we'll actually have in defence. Tino, perraud... and....

Edited by Saint86

13 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Let’s be honest. All three of us, Leeds and Leicester are completely unknown quantities atm. All 3 will have new managers, different ideas and a huge turnover of playing staff. We could all be midtable or we could all be top 3. Who knows. 

In my mind there is only one certainty. We won't all three go straight back up.

• Like 2

Leeds will be a force if they get things in place within good time, no way they don’t spend with new investment and they’ve already got a decent side capable of competing

Leicester are a proper unknown, but I do think they struggle, reportedly have significant money troubles and are likely to lose their better players BUT I still see them portioning a good chunk of their transfer income to fund a promotion push… if they keep Vardy fit they’re more than capable 

On 19/06/2023 at 17:30, edprice1984 said:

Leicester will be losing all their best players, their squad depth is shite and they apparently have no money. 

It can't be that bad for them... They've just appointed a manager who rejected us..

18 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Let’s be honest. All three of us, Leeds and Leicester are completely unknown quantities atm. All 3 will have new managers, different ideas and a huge turnover of playing staff. We could all be midtable or we could all be top 3. Who knows. 

Yes but out of the three would you not agree we have a decent feel good factor about us compared to them. We were down for ages so have had longer to get to terms with it, and the closer we get to this season I begin to feel more optimistic. Promotion isn’t won off the pitch, but this positivity can’t hurt us. 

15 hours ago, spyinthesky said:

My view.

Leicester Champs, Leeds runners up and us in the Play Offs to lose somewhere along the way on penalties as we did v Derby in 2007?

Nah, we'll be automatic. Runners up no doubt - we're the proverbial nearly men after all 😭

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1