Realistic Transfer Targets ( fantasy )

ally_uk

29 minutes ago, ally_uk said:

Who would you bring in to strengthen the team and why? 

Keep it realistic as possible 

❤️🤍❤️

Possession football doesn't require the energy of the high press style, but it does require a smart finisher rather than a hard worker. I don't know who that is===someone like Billy Sharpe or Jermaine Defoe used to be. Long memories may recall Ted McDougall or George O'Brien, did nothing except put the ball in the net-frequently. 

• Like 2

Ryan Giles from Wolves at LWB, think he'd be perfect with Tino as RWB.

Greaves as above is a great shout, an alternative Ronnie Edwards as the ball playing CB's. I think we need some power back there though. Prob not realistic, but Kortney Haouse as that physical CB.

CM Flynn Downes is a great shout for a steady type CM. Grimes as well, Gustavo Hamer (although he's more of an AMC type I think). Adam Whorton, young blackburn kid. Alex Scott (Absolutley no chance, granted - but I love that guy).

ST - maybe we keep Adams, I think he'd be a handful at this level (Ditto Mara). I'd look at Piroe as well if we had a chance.

Those are just Champ players though, we'll probably cast our net far wider than that to guys we haven't heard of.

Edited by S-Clarke

2 hours ago, Dellman said:

Possession football doesn't require the energy of the high press style, but it does require a smart finisher rather than a hard worker. I don't know who that is===someone like Billy Sharpe or Jermaine Defoe used to be. Long memories may recall Ted McDougall or George O'Brien, did nothing except put the ball in the net-frequently. 

Steve Moran 😍

I'm assuming Adams is off given he's unlikely to sign a new contract. We need a real goalscorer. Just had a look at league 1 top scorers. See peterborough had the top goal scorer, 28yr old Jonson Clarke Harris. don't know much about him but his statistics seem pretty good (Scored 33 goals in league 1 in 20/21. Scored 12 for them as they got relegated from championship. Then scored 29 this season.)

Gyokeres would be my primary target if he was in any way obtainable but suspect the price is too high for us and that he will go to a bigger club. We should have gone for him in the summer/instead of panicking and buying Tall Paul.

Failing that would like to see any of Manning, Grimes, Piroe from Swansea and Ronnie Edwards and Jack Taylor from Peterborough.

4 hours ago, Crab Lungs said:

Jacob Greaves at Hull. Left footed CB.

Dragowski from Spezia for GK.

Yes and yes. Although I'd also throw in Callum Doyle as a left sided CB option (loan, loan to buy, or the City usual: buy with a sell back clause). Pair them with a right sided CB like Nathan Wood (1 year on his contract) or Ronnie Edwards, who we've been linked to, and that's the young CB unit covered for the foreseeable future - use a couple of old lags like Stephens to bring a bit of experience to the party.

Spezia just got relegated, so Dragowski shouldn't break the bank, and we've been linked with him for a couple of years now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baird of the land said:

I'd assume he would be looking to Premier League rather than another championship club. But then guess Fonte came down a division to us last time round so who knows.

I don't think he'd come to us either, No guarantee we will go back up. But I'd back us to definitely be in the top 6 if he did join.

6 hours ago, Crab Lungs said:

Depending on Perraud, Leif Davis. Really like Adebayo at Luton too but that won’t happen.

Jacob Greaves at Hull. Left footed CB.

Dragowski from Spezia for GK.

Need strength at CM too but not Sue who to suggest.

Goalkeeper is an absolute essential for me and Dragowski is ideal, should have got him in last summer. 

3 hours ago, Miltonaggro said:

Let’s hope so. Would be a boost to get that position sorted early. 

For me, I think Bazunu would come good. 

But if we were to pursue a goalkeeper, hopefully a keeper that's been there and done it before. 

Where's kelvins reincarnate?