Championship club = tinpoint service

sambosa75

Need to vent about how Micky-mouse we appear to be these days as a club.

Placed an order at the club shop on 1st December for a kids Saints kit with ‘George 5’ on the back for my son’s Christmas present.  

Had no news from the club since placing the order so decided to chase its progress today to see when we can expect delivery.  Was advised that they are struggling to source letters and numbers at the moment and can’t guarantee delivery before Christmas.  What an absolute shambles.  Is it just me that thinks this is unacceptable?

I can’t imagine Leeds or Leicester fans being told that.  Just seems proper tinpot of us not to anticipate a few orders for such items over the Xmas period.

Meanwhile the Geordie contingent of my family have ordered and sent a home Newcastle shirt and and away kit all named and numbered in a matter of days.

5 hours ago, sambosa75 said:

Placed an order at the club shop on 1st December for a kids Saints kit with ‘George 5’ on the back for my son’s Christmas present.  

Had no news from the club since placing the order so decided to chase its progress today to see when we can expect delivery.  Was advised that they are struggling to source letters and numbers at the moment and can’t guarantee delivery before Christmas.  What an absolute shambles.  Is it just me that thinks this is unacceptable?

I can’t imagine Leeds or Leicester fans being told that.  Just seems proper tinpot of us not to anticipate a few orders for such items over the Xmas period.

Meanwhile the Geordie contingent of my family have ordered and sent a home Newcastle shirt and and away kit all named and numbered in a matter of days.

Completely agree. Commercially the club is awful. How they can be out of stock of some of the kids strips before Christmas is beyond me. Money sitting on table, yet they don't have stock. 

13 hours ago, sambosa75 said:

I assume they've sent them to you for George?

If so, top trolling from the Geordie contingent of your family ;) 

Maybe you can convince George that in Newcastle they don't get colour TV yet, to everything looks black and white, even the Saints shirts?

Edited by Weston Super Saint
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Toussaint said:

Not for a little kid though, or a dad who’s set his heart on something special for his child, hey? 

Not disagreeing that it's annoying. My comment wasn't actually that the poster was angry at it - I would be too. I apologise that it came across that way (and acknowledge that it did).

My tongue in cheek comment was more than this is highly unlikely to have anything to do with what league we're in. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Not disagreeing that it's annoying. My comment wasn't actually that the poster was angry at it - I would be too. I apologise that it came across that way (and acknowledge that it did).

My tongue in cheek comment was more than this is highly unlikely to have anything to do with what league we're in. 

Fair enough Wolfie.

I had the exact same thing last year, so it’s not championship tin pot, we were as bad in the premier league 

We ordered last week in Nov & it didn’t arrive for Xmas, the club blamed the third party they’ve outsourced internet shopping to & said lessons had been leant. Sounds like that was a load of old pony. It’s retail, not fucking rocket science & Xmas is the same time every year. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 1