Saints 5-3 Huddersfield - Match Thread

goodymatt

Would it be 25 though? Surely we can't count the Watford tie as two games. I know it is technically but feels a bit cheeky to count that when we only played the second game because we failed to win the first one.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, saintant said:

Why?

Team unbeaten in 24, scoring goals for fun, keeping clean sheets, battering teams at home against team near the bottom who have just sacked their manager. Can see it coming a mile off.

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Would it be 25 though? Surely we can't count the Watford tie as two games. I know it is technically but feels a bit cheeky to count that when we only played the second game because we failed to win the first one.

So if we'd lost we wouldn't count it either by the same logic?

Edited by OttawaSaint
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

On such details records are made (or otherwise)

Just now, coalman said:

On such details records are made (or otherwise)

I'll admit I'm a bed wetter. Probably some subconscious insurance pride that if the worst does happen, I can say "I told you so!!!" as I pretty much said the same for Rotherham, Swansea and Plymouth.

3 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Team unbeaten in 24, scoring goals for fun, keeping clean sheets, battering teams at home against team near the bottom who have just sacked their manager. Can see it coming a mile off.

Cheer up!

I'm guessing you were on of the "I'm scared, Man City could definitely beat us 9-0 in the last game" brigade from a few years back.

Just now, Bad Wolf said:

I'll admit I'm a bed wetter. Probably some subconscious insurance pride that if the worst does happen, I can say "I told you so!!!" as I pretty much said the same for Rotherham, Swansea and Plymouth.

I also worry about jinxing it. But this is the best football Saints have played in ages. Maybe even my lifetime. If we play our best we win no matter what Huddersfield do. And it feels completely strange and wrong thinking that.

1 minute ago, OttawaSaint said:

Cheer up!

I'm guessing you were on of the "I'm scared, Man City could definitely beat us 9-0 in the last game" brigade from a few years back.

Had to have a good hard think about when you meant there. But I think it was actually 7 wasn't it? The swing needed? No, I think on that occasion I was relatively confident.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I'm usually pretty pessimistic after years of false dawns but when you look at the facts, 24 unbeaten, full squad, playing well and with confidence, strong bench, against a team riddled with injuries and not starting a striker, at fortress SMS - you have to say we look overwhelming favourites and even I am confident of a win. I have a very slight nagging concern they'll park the bus for the draw - but it's up to us to sort that. I'm definitely more worried about the next 2.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints vs Huddersfield - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 5-3 Huddersfield - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic