Saints 5-3 Huddersfield - Match Thread

goodymatt

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

That is why Leeds will finish 2nd

This, I’m afraid. Home atmosphere, lots of goals. Are we a play off team? Not sure. Think we need to be four clear of Leeds by the final game, which doesn’t look good at the moment

Just now, Saint_clark said:

Best part is we swapped Rothwell in for Alcaraz 😂

Let’s not pretend Alcaraz has been playing well for us this season, or that he’d have played well in this game when nobody else is. He doesn’t even play the same role in the team.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, coalman said:

It's not Huddersfield. It's us. We're flat. We keep giving the ball away and inviting pressure. 

Actually, it's all about Huddersfield. Pressing, pushing forward with purpose, they have been much the better team.

• Like 4

Might be a good thing, we can reset and be fully focussed on Bristol and WBA matches. Runs like this and players get a bit cocky and thing they only have to show up to win. They haven't looked up for this at all day. Looked like the thought it'd be a nice leisurely stroll.

Just now, Block41 Saint said:

Che Adams is offering nothing upfront. You can tell the transfer window has closed. 

He was utter gash at Rotherham last week as well. Did literally nothing of any note for the entire game.

Some people claim he doesn't 'down tools' outside the window and just loses form, but there really is no other explanation for such a massive drop off in form literally every time the window closes.

• Like 1

Half time.

Wow, pretty much a disaster all over the pitch. Che and Stu hardly touched the ball. Losing Downes is a huge blow.

We can turn this round, but this performance is a mile away from what we've seen recently. 

1 minute ago, Edmonton Saint said:

Pretty sad that we spunked £10 million on a crocked striker. Crazy decision. We still don’t score enough for me. Not ruthless enough. 

Shit, forgot all about that player. Ross something or other?

We'll need an early goal straight after the break to change momentum. The longer it goes and we don't score we'll get desperate and throw men forward which could lead to them scoring more on the counter.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Challenger said:

Said playoffs for us a long time back, not changed my mind .

Possibly because it’s an obvious default from where we are. We took 13 points out of 30 from teams 1-10 at start of today. That may well be our downfall.  Second half still to come though.

• Confused 1

Manager out, no plan B, same team all the time, lost the dressing room, head's elsewhere, too many backwards passes, too many long balls, clown emoji, ref loves other team.

Are there any more losing football fan cliche's I'm missing?

• Like 1

Just now, ally_uk said:

Manning is utter garbage.... 

Hudds fair play to them from the get go they have pressed us with intensity and have reaped the rewards. 

2nd half Brooks and Sulemana on 

This is Manning's first bad game for about 4 months...

• Like 2

Just now, ally_uk said:

Manning is utter garbage.... 

Hudds fair play to them from the get go they have pressed us with intensity and have reaped the rewards. 

2nd half Brooks and Sulemana on 

Not sure about Sulemana but agree on Brooks.

OMG what was that?! Huddersfield fully deserve that lead - we were terrible! Second to everything. Losing Downes too. I had a funny feeling about this game after Huddersfield won 4-0 in their last game. Huddersfield look like they read our script.

Can't see us rescuing anything from this unless it's a 200% improvement. Manning is dreadful. They are picking on KWP defensive vulnerability.

Should Bazunu have saved their first goal?

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

Manager out, no plan B, same team all the time, lost the dressing room, head's elsewhere, too many backwards passes, too many long balls, clown emoji, ref loves other team.

Wheels falling off ?

1 minute ago, Bad Wolf said:

Don't think anyone has posted any of these though?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 5-3 Huddersfield - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic