Catching Ipswich

Dman

Now the play offs are all but confirmed - who do we want? IMO WBA which’ll mean we’ll need to finish 3rd. 

ipswich, saints, hull, wba will be the final 4 with Hull going on to win it. 

• Haha 1

On 24/02/2024 at 08:55, Dman said:

Now the play offs are all but confirmed - who do we want? IMO WBA which’ll mean we’ll need to finish 3rd. 

Ipswich to beat Hull in the final.

Rasmus, Jason and SR will stick with Russ to give him more time to overcome scar tissues and perfect the crab project.

• Haha 3

On 24/02/2024 at 16:55, Dman said:

wouldn't be at all surprised to see Hull win it. A good team who are hitting form at the right time. Its often the case that a team hits form at the right time and goes on a run to make the play offs then wins them. Us and Ipswich are faltering and WBA although tough to beat and resilient should be beatable by the other 3 over two legs. 

Loving the positivity on here atm 😂

If we're in the playoffs, unless Leeds are also in there, we will be heavy favourites.  We're on a blip ATM without a doubt, but come the end of the season I expect our class to shine through again.  We didn't go 25 games undefeated for nothing!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Barsiem said:

If we're in the playoffs, unless Leeds are also in there, we will be heavy favourites.  We're on a blip ATM without a doubt, but come the end of the season I expect our class to shine through again.  We didn't go 25 games undefeated for nothing!

Us being heavy favourites will largely depend on how we do in our remaining games because right now, based on 3 defeats in 4, we are probably 3rd favourites in that group.

I'm guessing Norwich will creep in to the play offs at the expense of West Brom, which is a shame because we did the double over W.Brom. They treat us with respect and hold off which plays in to our hands. The other inconsiderate sods go at us, so I think we'll struggle to get past Hull or Ipswich to even get to the final.

The squad needs to swallow a gallon of positivity pills and get out there and play like they were doing a couple of months ago and avoid these play offs altogether.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Barsiem said:

but we might do...

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Chris cooper said:

Ipswich to win it.. Saints beaten by hull in a pen shoot out semi final 2nd leg in hull in the pouring rain …after a 2-2 aggregate score .

Too true, although the penalty shootout loss will be at St Mary’s as we’ll probably finish 3rd/4th and have the home leg last. 

• Like 1

Had a crazy thought.

We miss out on automatic by one place, ie come third.

Everton get hit by more points deductions, as do Forest, and perhaps Chelsea, resulting in a shuffling of places beyond the season's end by an embarrassed FA. Resulting in the top two in the division - Leicester and Leeds, say, going up, along with the winners of the playoffs (Ipswich, say). But also, because of the madness and shifting around that is necessary, the third placed finishers (and not beaten finalists in the play-offs). Which might be us. Or Ipswich. Anyway, will go back to dreaming. Or lying down in a dark room.

PS the stars might align for us to have either David Moyes after all if he decides to walk and/or Russell gets poached or we lose faith after not going up. Or Eddie Howe, come to that. Wouldn't be unhappy with either, and both linked before.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

I'm guessing Norwich will creep in to the play offs at the expense of West Brom, which is a shame because we did the double over W.Brom. They treat us with respect and hold off which plays in to our hands. The other inconsiderate sods go at us, so I think we'll struggle to get past Hull or Ipswich to even get to the final.

The squad needs to swallow a gallon of positivity pills and get out there and play like they were doing a couple of months ago and avoid these play offs altogether.  

My thoughts too. 

19 hours ago, OnceaSaintalwaysaSaint said:

I would suggest some of our fan base need to as well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DT said:

Had a crazy thought.

Everton get hit by more points deductions, as do Forest, and perhaps Chelsea, resulting in a shuffling of places beyond the season's end by an embarrassed FA. Resulting in the top two in the division - Leicester and Leeds, say, going up, along with the winners of the playoffs (Ipswich, say). But also, because of the madness and shifting around that is necessary, the third placed finishers (and not beaten finalists in the play-offs). Which might be us. Or Ipswich. Anyway, will go back to dreaming. Or lying down in a dark room.

PS the stars might align for us to have either David Moyes after all if he decides to walk and/or Russell gets poached or we lose faith after not going up. Or Eddie Howe, come to that. Wouldn't be unhappy with either, and both linked before.

Yeah, it's a crazy thought. Not going to happen.

Neither are the manager choices you've named.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DT said:

Had a crazy thought.

A rare moment of optimism from DT, even if somewhat incoherent.

• Haha 1