The Next 6-7 Games Guess

east-stand-nic

So, before our game with Leicester on 23rd April, here are all the fixtures for all top 4 clubs. Personally I think the Preston game being put in the middle of April was bad and against us. Note that Leicester have only 6 games while Leeds and Ipswich have 7. It's almost as if the EFL like Leicester. Anyway, I am trying to predict these very honestly but also with a tinge of positivity toward Saints games. Why not. Might as well look on the brightest side we can think of.

Leicester
Bristol City v Leicester City   1
Leicester City v Norwich City   1 
Leicester City v Birmingham City   3  
Millwall v Leicester City   3 
Plymouth Argyle v Leicester City  3   
Leicester City v West Bromwich Albion  1

Points total now 94

Leeds Utd.
Leeds United v Millwall   3 
Watford v Leeds United   3 
Leeds United v Hull City   1  
Coventry City v Leeds United  1   
Leeds United v Sunderland   3 
Leeds United v Blackburn Rovers  3  
Middlesbrough v Leeds United  1

Points total now 94

Ipswich Town
Ipswich Town v Sheffield Wednesday  3  
Blackburn Rovers v Ipswich Town  1 
Ipswich Town v Southampton  1  
Norwich City v Ipswich Town  0   
Ipswich Town v Watford   3 
Ipswich Town v Middlesbrough  1   
Coventry City v Ipswich Town  1

Points total now 88

Saints
Southampton v Middlesbrough   3
Ipswich Town v Southampton   1  
Blackburn Rovers v Southampton  3  
Southampton v Coventry City   3  
Southampton v Watford  3 

Southampton v Preston  3
Cardiff City v Southampton  1

Points total now 90

Last 3 games, we can only really be fairly sure of 3 points. I guess we have to beat Ipswich and Cardiff, then we will have 94 points, same as the top two.

Can admin move this to the Saints board for me, sorry i put it in the wrong section.

Edited by east-stand-nic
put in wrong section

23 hours ago, east-stand-nic said:

Note that Leicester have only 6 games while Leeds and Ipswich have 7. It's almost as if the EFL like Leicester.

I think it's very much that Leicester have an FA Cup match this weekend rather than some bloody EFL conspiracy to help them. Their spare game is literally their match against us.

But you do you.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 4

It is a guessing game.

Play offs was what I thought we’d get at best in August, to be in with a shout of automatic promotion now, even if it’s a 10 percent chance exceed my expectations.

It would be funny if Leicester somehow failed to achieve automatic promotion. 

Frankly I'm surprised that Ipswich have held on so well,  having just been promoted last summer, but we did the same in 2011-12 so maybe not. 

regardless of this seasons results so far,  I saw the final game (Leeds (A)  as a deal breaker even before we'd played our first match.

We turned things around after the September fiasco, and beat Leeds at SMS. .but winning at Elland Road is a greater challenge, and might 

make the difference between who gets automatic promotion and the other who has to slog it out in the play-offs. 

Edited by david in sweden

59 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

My prediction is whichever team doesn't go up this season will win the division next season.

Hard to say as championship sides are so transient, if we don’t go up will we find such great value in the loan market again?  Will we manage to replace the contracted players with similar quality? Same can be said for all the other top teams in the league.

I said  in September when we couldn’t buy a win that automatic promotion was gone and sadly that looks to be the case.  It will be annoying if we break 90 points and still get to rot in the play offs, if that is the case I hope Leeds and Leicester go up as I’d much rather play Ipswich!

15 hours ago, a1ex2001 said:

Hard to say as championship sides are so transient, if we don’t go up will we find such great value in the loan market again?  Will we manage to replace the contracted players with similar quality? Same can be said for all the other top teams in the league.

I said  in September when we couldn’t buy a win that automatic promotion was gone and sadly that looks to be the case.  It will be annoying if we break 90 points and still get to rot in the play offs, if that is the case I hope Leeds and Leicester go up as I’d much rather play Ipswich!

If we don't go up next season I'm expecting something along the lines of:

Baz

Bree [New CB] Stephens Manning

Smallbone Charles Rothwell

A.Armstrong Stewart Fraser

Feels realistic and should see us in the top 6 again, though the defence could let us down.

3 hours ago, ally_uk said:

My prediction is we will be in this league next season.... 

KWP, Downes, Bellis, Adams, Sulemana, Brooks, Fraser Bednarek all gone.... 

Pretty pessimistic view.

But even if we are in this league next season, we wont be in it with Leeds and Leicester. We'd welcome the absolute fodder of Sheffield United, Luton and Burnley - so almost immediately the standard of the league will be much lower. We'd obviously replace who we loose, we'll still have a decent $$$ behind us in comparison with other sides - no reason why we cannot remain seriously competitive in my eyes.

3 hours ago, ally_uk said:

My prediction is we will be in this league next season.... 

KWP, Downes, Bellis, Adams, Sulemana, Brooks, Fraser Bednarek all gone.... 

If we’re still in this division next season I agree with all of the above players aside from Jan Bednarek.

I also think the remainder of this season will be dependant on whether RM reverts back to his tried and trusted back four of KWP, THB, JB and RM. Or whether he tries to somehow push Jack Stephens in there.

Points wise again it’s a free for all. Those bottom teams scrap this time of year and grind out results. Look at Millwall against us, or Cardiff against Ipswich.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

My dream scenario is that somehow both Leeds and Saints are promoted going into the final game, and that last game at Elland Road is just a huge party for both fans.

Poof

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

If we’re still in this division next season I agree with all of the above players aside from Jan Bednarek.

I also think the remainder of this season will be dependant on whether RM reverts back to his tried and trusted back four of KWP, THB, JB and RM. Or whether he tries to somehow push Jack Stephens in there.

Points wise again it’s a free for all. Those bottom teams scrap this time of year and grind out results. Look at Millwall against us, or Cardiff against Ipswich.

He fucking better.

• Like 2