MLT on SSN confirmation of Consortium involvment

Griffo

I have had it confirmed that there are legal and PR teams at work on here. I think Stanley could be on to something.

I would agree with Stanley (never thought I would say that!) - particularly the email reply within an hour on a bank holiday when the guy is supposed to be working on a bid. No wonder they are behind the other group. Why is Modern Matron so upset with him - that seems to be a user name that pops up whenever there are takeover rumours or boardroom squabbles going on.

I also agree with Dainty Dave that the other group is more professional because no one knows who anything about it. But then who is Dave?

Finally, what happened to Derry? He has been quiet for a few days, hasn't he?

I would agree with Stanley (never thought I would say that!) - particularly the email reply within an hour on a bank holiday when the guy is supposed to be working on a bid. No wonder they are behind the other group. Why is Modern Matron so upset with him - that seems to be a user name that pops up whenever there are takeover rumours or boardroom squabbles going on.

I also agree with Dainty Dave that the other group is more professional because no one knows who anything about it. But then who is Dave?

Finally, what happened to Derry? He has been quiet for a few days, hasn't he?

Derry has had some personal issues.

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere else as I have not read this entire thread but I had a conversation tonight with somebody close to the current situation, and the long and the short of it (as I understand it) is that 1 firm offer has been tabled. Another offer is due very soon from a second party.

I know nothing of the firm tabled bid, but the second is definitely one which will satisfy the administrators and creditors. I have been assured that the second party do not just want to purchase SFC, but to turn the club around within 4 seasons; with a view to the club being able to make a push back to the Premiership within that period.

That is pretty much the outline summary of what I have been told. Either way, it is my opinion that we may find out some positive news regarding the future of SFC by Friday. I have been a big believer in talks of take-overs in the past, and felt let down over various rumours, but it is my belief now that the long wait is nearly over.

This is a fantastic club with loyal and passionate supporters. Here's to a very positive future...

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere else as I have not read this entire thread but I had a conversation tonight with somebody close to the current situation, and the long and the short of it (as I understand it) is that 1 firm offer has been tabled. Another offer is due very soon from a second party.

I know nothing of the firm tabled bid, but the second is definitely one which will satisfy the administrators and creditors. I have been assured that the second party do not just want to purchase SFC, but to turn the club around within 4 seasons; with a view to the club being able to make a push back to the Premiership within that period.

That is pretty much the outline summary of what I have been told. Either way, it is my opinion that we may find out some positive news regarding the future of SFC by Friday. I have been a big believer in talks of take-overs in the past, and felt let down over various rumours, but it is my belief now that the long wait is nearly over.

This is a fantastic club with loyal and passionate supporters. Here's to a very positive future...

[-o

Are you PR or legal... Haringey is miles from Southampton, fair play for leaving us a post though.

Would love to know who verbal is as well. Not suggesting he is PR but it's interesting. Anyway lance and daintdave joined around the same time also.

So, maybe the unknown consortium are not as silent as we think they are. Not sure what they gain by posting on here, after all, as has been said many times, a serious bidder should not be put off by a small group of forum posters. They can get confirmation of how people feel about certain issues - i.e. Lowe, MLT - but what else do they get?

So, maybe the unknown consortium are not as silent as we think they are. Not sure what they gain by posting on here, after all, as has been said many times, a serious bidder should not be put off by a small group of forum posters. They can get confirmation of how people feel about certain issues - i.e. Lowe, MLT - but what else do they get?

It's the quickest and easiest way of gauging fans opinion? It probably gives a feel of what some of the fans are like? Many people at the club believed it to be a poweful site. Remember that Hone used to be logged into this website all day!

I'm going to contradict my earlier posts - I'm actually a little lost. I took the bull by the horns and phoned this pinnacle lot earlier and posted their reply. But I find it odd that the echo apparently 'deny' speaking with MLT about this. Surely they would have done some background before coming out with that??? As regards MLT - does anyone actually know him??? I'll go (back) to sleep when he confirms some substance to these speculative "quotes"

'People of influence wanting to talk to their customer base' shocker!!

All good from where I stand

If they are trying to influence anyone to support their bid? If they come out and admit they are from a bid then it's a different story. We've found another one btw.

I'm going to contradict my earlier posts - I'm actually a little lost. I took the bull by the horns and phoned this pinnacle lot earlier and posted their reply. But I find it odd that the echo apparently 'deny' speaking with MLT about this. Surely they would have done some background before coming out with that??? As regards MLT - does anyone actually know him??? I'll go (back) to sleep when he confirms some substance to these speculative "quotes"

Any response to claims that you are a PR plant?

If they are trying to influence anyone to support their bid? If they come out and admit they are from a bid then it's a different story. We've found another one btw.

We are important people H, but not that important!! I think there is only one party they need to impress at this time, and we should all be praying they do impress them for the good of the club and the city.

From my limited knowledge of current proceedings I can vouch its not all hot air though, things are moving along behind the scenes with possibly a binding offer is imminent that includes a medium to long term strategy for the club.

We all gotta keep everything crossed they jump though every hoop as quickly as poss.

Edited by The Farmer

they did - direct quote from Fry

So it should be an interesting week! quick bid in by Pinnacle on behalf of their client by tomorrow at latest, goes head to head with bid already in, Fry decides on the best deal for everybody and we have a new club on Friday!! I hope the people making the decisions realise this deal has to be completed on a FRIDAY!

Are you PR or legal... Haringey is miles from Southampton, fair play for leaving us a post though.

Even with the lamentable state of education in that borough, I'm pretty sure that somebody living there would be able to spell Haringey correctly.

Derry has had some personal issues.

No, but I would have had If I'd started that other project.

I think because the first bid was tabled about the 24th, it's been sitting there while a lot of other ducks have been trying to get into some sort of row.

If it was me I'd be getting pretty hacked off and telling the administrator to sort it or forget it. Which may be happening. The problem in a way is 11 days have passed but only 5 working days.

'People of influence wanting to talk to their customer base' shocker!!

All good from where I stand

No it's not. It's going back to the crap that the likes of Lee Marchant and co used to post on here. I've got a good memory for useless ******** and you yourself took isssue with Keith Legg and his "Mike asked me to ask you" thread. This is the direction this forum is heading in with all this ITK bull****.

No, but I would have had If I'd started that other project.

I think because the first bid was tabled about the 24th, it's been sitting there while a lot of other ducks have been trying to get into some sort of row.

If it was me I'd be getting pretty hacked off and telling the administrator to sort it or forget it. Which may be happening. The problem in a way is 11 days have passed but only 5 working days.

Please don't talk about ducks. It hints at an earlier despot.

To sum up for those of us who know noone ITK and just get our news from here and rumours....

1. A bid by person/persons unknown has been made.

2. Due Diligence is going through with hope of a bid from consortiium with links to MLT.

3. You can spell Haringey anyway you like because none who lives there can spell.

Is that about it?

To sum up for those of us who know noone ITK and just get our news from here and rumours....

1. A bid by person/persons unknown has been made.

2. Due Diligence is going through with hope of a bid from consortiium with links to MLT.

3. You can spell Haringey anyway you like because none who lives there can spell.

Is that about it?

However are points 1 and 2 about all we really definately know?

News just reached me that the pinnacle lot are preparing a formal bid and mr fry has insisted on it being received by tomorrow morning!!!! get in there!!!

Have you got a bat phone direct to pinacle HQ?

Thanks for clarifying the Harringay/Haringey confirmation Saintbletch. Indeed Haringey is the London Borough, which has the district of Harringay within. We are N London, mid way between the Emirates and White Hart Lane if it makes it any easier for you to get a feel of the location.

I am a London based Saint. Season ticket holder between 01-08 and originally from the Western Wards of Fareham. If you doubt my credentials I'm sure even Lowe would verify my identity because I was the guy that created the "Saints is the South" strapline for him/SFC back in 2000/01 as a simple supporter who was fed up with the lame promotional material served up by the club at that time. So, in terms of credibility, I hope that satifies you that I am totally SFC.

FWIW I have been a lurker on here since it started and its previous incarnations. Indeed I first read this website from its very old existence when Keith set up the message board as part of the TOSSA website. Been reading the various incarnations of this since 1999...

Anyhow, I happen to know the MD of Pinnacle and contacted him last night after reading the start of this thread. He is a top chap and I know for a fact he is a good friend of MLT. Other than state that one offer is on the table and the Pinnacle bid for their representative is in the process of being formally made, there is not much else to be said. However, I believe that both offers will be worthy of satisfying admin and I understand that we will all hear positive news by the end of the week.

If what I understand is correct, this could be a great week for Saints fans everywhere. i really hope so because this club deserves to get its heart back.

News just reached me that the pinnacle lot are preparing a formal bid and mr fry has insisted on it being received by tomorrow morning!!!! get in there!!!

'News just reached me'

'Client phoned PR'

Thanks for clarifying the Harringay/Haringey confirmation Saintbletch. Indeed Haringey is the London Borough, which has the district of Harringay within. We are N London, mid way between the Emirates and White Hart Lane if it makes it any easier for you to get a feel of the location.

I am a London based Saint. Season ticket holder between 01-08 and originally from the Western Wards of Fareham. If you doubt my credentials I'm sure even Lowe would verify my identity because I was the guy that created the "Saints is the South" strapline for him/SFC back in 2000/01 as a simple supporter who was fed up with the lame promotional material served up by the club at that time. So, in terms of credibility, I hope that satifies you that I am totally SFC.

FWIW I have been a lurker on here since it started and its previous incarnations. Indeed I first read this website from its very old existence when Keith set up the message board as part of the TOSSA website. Been reading the various incarnations of this since 1999...

Anyhow, I happen to know the MD of Pinnacle and contacted him last night after reading the start of this thread. He is a top chap and I know for a fact he is a good friend of MLT. Other than state that one offer is on the table and the Pinnacle bid for their representative is in the process of being formally made, there is not much else to be said. However, I believe that both offers will be worthy of satisfying admin and I understand that we will all hear positive news by the end of the week.

If what I understand is correct, this could be a great week for Saints fans everywhere. i really hope so because this club deserves to get its heart back.

It's amazing how many lurkers come out of the woodwork at such times.

Let's assume this Pinnacle lot do get in. It's going to be a complete disaster based on the plants posts on this thread. It's not even day 1 and there's a campaign of spin and manipulation in full swing. They've set their stall out in this respect so this is how they operate.

Let's assume this Pinnacle lot do get in. It's going to be a complete disaster based on the plants posts on this thread. It's not even day 1 and there's a campaign of spin and manipulation in full swing. They've set their stall out in this respect so this is how they operate.

Bit early to tell TBF. Can't be worse than Lowe at any rate!

Behave Stanley. I like yourself have reservations as I did under MW. the difference for me is that they are not coming out with the football first , fans on the board stuff. just MLT is backing them as he likes what they are offering.We can't be choosers. We went into admin as you had wished and will come out of it with whoever offers the most.

But to what end, Stanley? To influence us? Why?

We have no say in who will be 'chosen' by the administrator - none at all.

So they can spin and manipulate all they like, it won't make any difference!

Thats fine by me....

We need a saviour who is previously unconnected to this club - And these guys could well be it.

Bit early to tell TBF. Can't be worse than Lowe at any rate!

I'd be a bit cautious on this,afterall we all thought this when Wilde first ousted Lowe and longterm things did not go the way we expected or hoped.The same was about Burley and we ended up with Dodd & Gorman.

Behave Stanley. I like yourself have reservations as I did under MW. the difference for me is that they are not coming out with the football first , fans on the board stuff. just MLT is backing them as he likes what they are offering.We can't be choosers. We went into admin as you had wished and will come out of it with whoever offers the most.

I agree with you, but the other bidders are behaving in a manner which i consider to be professional. This Pinaccle lot seem more like a backstreet outfit.

First impressions are always important and in this respect the Pinaccle lot have not impressed me at all.