MLT on SSN confirmation of Consortium involvment

Griffo

Yet another day seems to be passing and no news from the club or Mark Fry.

I'm really starting to worry and wonder if there actually are any decent bids on the table.

Doubt it, bids there may be but no-one wants to pay off enough of the debt to make them viable.

We should just tell them all to foak off (see what I did there) and start again with all the charity cash, a new young team in the conference or something

and a ground share with Eastleigh or Totton. Not convinced it wouldn't be the right way to go.

Doubt it, bids there may be but no-one wants to pay off enough of the debt to make them viable.

We should just tell them all to foak off (see what I did there) and start again with all the charity cash, a new young team in the conference or something

and a ground share with Eastleigh or Totton. Not convinced it wouldn't be the right way to go.

from little acorns trees can grow... it is flippant to think oh well lets go into the Blue Square league rather than accept a bid that at least keeps us in league 1

It seems to me all those 38 bids were all tyre kickers and we may well end up with nothing.

Administration is a laugh aint it?

I thought I said something similar yesterday and got shot down for it :(

There is absolutely no way a new club would be created in the Blue Square Premier or even the Blue Square South. People have jumped on that bandwagon because someone at the Echo asked whether it would be possible. The response was never published, which is a very good indicator that the response was in the negative.

The idea that Eastleigh would be happy to ground share with a new team that is admitted into a league above them is a joke, especially after their debacle in the playoffs this week.

Well you guys may wish to shoot off about this bid or that, but I've twigged on that you're barking up the wrong tree and that could be the root of all our problems. I could go on... ;)

Ah well at least the weekend's here and I can leave my office!

Time to make like a tree and get the f*** outta here!

Who would actually support a newly formed team if we went bust?

Sorry but I really wouldn't. It wouldn't be the Southampton Football Club that I got hooked on and have supported for the past 10 years or so.

No way could I have passion for another team.

Who would actually support a newly formed team if we went bust?

Sorry but I really wouldn't. It wouldn't be the Southampton Football Club that I got hooked on and have supported for the past 10 years or so.

No way could I have passion for another team.

that is how I feel. It wouldnt be the same.

Just on SSN 16:16. Stating Mark Fry as saying 2 groups have now done due diligence, WAITING for them to put in bids and has no knowledge of MLT being involved with either.

He's probably not involved, he's just the sales gimmick attached.

You know like the birds in bikinis with nice knockers that they drape over car bonnets at the Motor Show. You know you'll only get the basic Renault Clio

in the end but the more you flash on the tart the more likely you are to buy it and not a Vauxhall Cavalier.

Just on SSN 16:16. Stating Mark Fry as saying 2 groups have now done due diligence, WAITING for them to put in bids and has no knowledge of MLT being involved with either.

This is getting bizarre.I was told that written bids had been lodged! There were meetings yesterday. Im starting to lose hope of anything good of going into administration and coming out the other side with any club

This is getting bizarre.I was told that written bids had been lodged! There were meetings yesterday. Im starting to lose hope of anything good of going into administration and coming out the other side with any club

this is actually getting bloody ridiculous!!!! I am convinced no one knows anything apart from Mr Fry!! looks like we have got a couple of weeks left yet right up to the point where the bills need to be paid again!!!

this is actually getting bloody ridiculous!!!! I am convinced no one knows anything apart from Mr Fry!! looks like we have got a couple of weeks left yet right up to the point where the bills need to be paid again!!!

You say this as if its a bad thing, but surely the opposite is true. Despite the fact we're teased with rumours from those supposedly ITK, simple fact is the show is not over until someone says it is and for that we need to be grateful. I will admit to being frustrated at the seeming lack of progress, but there is nothing we can do except wait patiently for news of a result.

Despite the fact we're teased with rumours from those supposedly ITK.

Supposedly is the key word here. These ITK's are by and large just old men that like to hang around weirdos like Jacko.

You say this as if its a bad thing, but surely the opposite is true. Despite the fact we're teased with rumours from those supposedly ITK, simple fact is the show is not over until someone says it is and for that we need to be grateful. I will admit to being frustrated at the seeming lack of progress, but there is nothing we can do except wait patiently for news of a result.

No, I totally agree!! problem is with various info and south Today the other night, i have been bracing myself for news! all we seem to be getting is more possible interest, current bidders losing backers and total confusion! just worries me about the strength of the bids he has got!! I can't believe Matt would endorse anything crap!! he loves the darn place!

This seems likely to go right down to the last minute, with bids either accepted or withdrawn in a game of brinkmanship I would imagine.....trouble is that neither could be successful and the whole thing wound up in a fortnight if the 21st is still wages D day

This seems likely to go right down to the last minute, with bids either accepted or withdrawn in a game of brinkmanship I would imagine.....trouble is that neither could be successful and the whole thing wound up in a fortnight if the 21st is still wages D day

Dont forget the All Stars match, that could keep us alive, well the present team to be more apt, for a couple of weeks or so.

A Millwall song comes to mind "No likes us they all hate us we don't care".

Shame though. When Southampton was a great club (pre-Lowe plc) we all used to enjoy the respect that was generated from others.

Hope we can get that back. Right now Crouch, Lowe, Wilde, Wotte and to a certain extent Fry over the points deductions fiasco have dug us a trench which frankly isnt in the Spirit of what this Club was and is.

Phew on MLT and management! I dont think it IS a 2 horse race though... the international option has remained very much out of the limelight but appears to still be on the table.

But this is certainly my second choice in principle, without seeing the international bid details.

He said that about Lowe too.

Worrying.

Time to forget about all this takeover stuff for the weekend,and concentrate on other things.Nothing will happen till next week now,and it might be more toward the end of the week before we hear anything ? All these latest twists and turns have thrown everybody,fingers crossed this saga will be over sooner rather than later ?

Cut the grass,wash the car,do some shopping,and put "the takeover" to the back of your mind.

Time to forget about all this takeover stuff for the weekend,and concentrate on other things.Nothing will happen till next week now,and it might be more toward the end of the week before we hear anything ? All these latest twists and turns have thrown everybody,fingers crossed this saga will be over sooner rather than later ?

Cut the grass,wash the car,do some shopping,and put "the takeover" to the back of your mind.

Messageboard boycott? Can't see it catching on. :)

I wonder if the reason we didn't hear anything concrete on Thursday or Friday, despite strong reports that suggested we would, are due to the fact that apparently we have had 2 groups showing a late interest.

There must be cut off point tho otherwise you'd just be waiting for new bids which might not show up whilst burning through more money.

A Millwall song comes to mind "No likes us they all hate us we don't care".

This is a quite bizarre post.

Who hates us? We've had more laments about our downfall in the national media than I can remember for any other comparable club.

This is a quite bizarre post.

Who hates us? We've had more laments about our downfall in the national media than I can remember for any other comparable club.

I think he's really refering to the administration 10 point debacle; hinting that we lost our name in the appeals. Got a point there.

There must be cut off point tho otherwise you'd just be waiting for new bids which might not show up whilst burning through more money.

There were rumours that Friday was the cut off point....hence why two more parties allegedly came forward. To be honest though, its all getting very boring and frustrating. All this going round in circles is doing my head in.

There is absolutely no way a new club would be created in the Blue Square Premier or even the Blue Square South. People have jumped on that bandwagon because someone at the Echo asked whether it would be possible. The response was never published, which is a very good indicator that the response was in the negative.

The idea that Eastleigh would be happy to ground share with a new team that is admitted into a league above them is a joke, especially after their debacle in the playoffs this week.

If the worst came to the worst, I'm sure that Eastleigh would be delighted to groundshare the Silverlake with a phoenix Saints team. Clubs like Eastleigh aren't going to turn down such a spectacularly huge income stream.

However, I gather that the highest league that a new Sainst team could enter next season is the Wessex League. This is the equivalent of division nine in the pyramid and is the same level that AFc Wimbledon entered at (they re-staretd in the Combined Counties League). My source for this is a second-hand report of a radio interview with nick Illingsworth.