MLT on SSN confirmation of Consortium involvment

Griffo

personally I find it hard to believe that the first offer was only rejected today if so low...when it has been on the table for a week or two??

But it wasn't so great as to accept it on the spot either was it?

If the first offer had been any good it would have been accepted, it wasn't so that tells us a lot about it.

I mean why would people want to buy the club,it won't interest serious investors because there's no money to be made and a big debt to be tackled.

It's got to be people who are interested in Saints football and those aren't legion. We've been looking for investment for 3 years now and haven't found much.

Mark Fry just quoted on Radio Hampshire as saying. An announcement could be made as early as the next 24 hours, it is pure speculation that there are only 2 bidders and he hopes it will all be resolved sooner than later.

Mark Fry just quoted on Radio Hampshire as saying. An announcement could be made as early as the next 24 hours, it is pure speculation that there are only 2 bidders and he hopes it will all be resolved sooner than later.

So there was a 3rd who probably went through due diligence today then?

Thanks for that saintalan, thats slightly more encouraging.

Wheres me Glenlivet.

If it's true that the bids have been rejected because they do not pay enough of the overdraft off to please Barclays this is a very dark day.

Barclay's announce £1.37 billion in profits on the same day they kill Southampton FC..

****ers

They make profits because they chase up their debts

The bids I suspect will be around the £12m mark. This will buy you the club all the assets and no debt. Barclays and Aviva will settle for about 3m and 8m respectivley with the odd going to other creditors. No doubt Aviva will put in a clause that will mean we pay a figure back to them on contractual basis if we reach the top flight, as might Barclays. The difference between the 2 bids will be what thay can offer the club in the future and this is going to be the interesting bit.

It is all ******** about Barclays not accepting as what will happen. We have no buyer, the whole place is wound up and then sold off. IN this climate you might get £6m tops for Jackson Farm, Staplewood and SMS, you then split that the same way and people start getting much less

The bids I suspect will be around the £12m mark. This will buy you the club all the assets and no debt. Barclays and Aviva will settle for about 3m and 8m respectivley with the odd going to other creditors. No doubt Aviva will put in a clause that will mean we pay a figure back to them on contractual basis if we reach the top flight, as might Barclays. The difference between the 2 bids will be what thay can offer the club in the future and this is going to be the interesting bit.

It is all ******** about Barclays not accepting as what will happen. We have no buyer, the whole place is wound up and then sold off. IN this climate you might get £6m tops for Jackson Farm, Staplewood and SMS, you then split that the same way and people start getting much less

Cheers for that.

Exit 2 you seem to know what you are talking about. How do you know all this?

South Today say announcement could be as early as tomorrow over the favourite bidder for the club.

They said exactly the same thing yesterday!

I can't wait until we know what's going on one way or another.

All this takeover talk is driving me insane!

From 606 (rocketswanie who I believe has posted here before)

1. Fry is making money everyday that we are in admin so the "buyers" would need to pay a fee for his work too, fact not guess work

2. Option of concerts to make money have been wiped after residents within the area petitioned against it for noise.

3. The 2 bids recieved, thats right just 2 bids placed, have fallen way short of the valuation.

4. The highest offer recieved is £3.8m

5. The club actually fear that they will go under in days and not weeks!

6. Le Tiss has made an offer but it has lots of "if's" included which have put the offer out of the window

7. Fry was quoted as saying they can only hope that someone who has more money than most, comes in with an offer as it is likely that those who are making offers will not be able to put any money into the team or current squad meaning likely relegation to league 2 straight out as they wont have the resources to make the club stable for league 1.

8. Fry has a footballing friend who has shown an interest but is put off by the work

All the above are true facts. Im not going to share how I know but trust me when I say my/your/our beloved club could be more likely to fold than to take part in any League next year, unless as we feared someone comes in with the offer we need to get this club off the floor in the next 24hours.

I believe this to be correct.

I have never seen so much misinformation on one post.

Please ignore the 606 poster, he knows nothing.

Be patient please. Things are being worked through.

I have never seen so much misinformation on one post.

Please ignore the 606 poster, he knows nothing.

Be patient please. Things are being worked through.

I'd go with Weston on this,pretty certain that details are being finalised before an announcement shortly.The 606 poster would appear to be way off the mark,don't know where he dreamt up some of his post ?

Despite all the stories and rumours that have been circulating on this forum (and elsewhere),it's my belief we will have new owners pretty soon.Once the announcement has finally been made,just wait for "the usual suspects"on here to pick the new owners to pieces and find fault with something. :smt023

I'd go with Weston on this,pretty certain that details are being finalised before an announcement shortly.The 606 poster would appear to be way off the mark,don't know where he dreamt up some of his post ?

Despite all the stories and rumours that have been circulating on this forum (and elsewhere),it's my belief we will have new owners pretty soon.Once the announcement has finally been made,just wait for "the usual suspects"on here to pick the new owners to pieces and find fault with something. :smt023

Par for the course.

I still believe everything will be announced next week. i have never wavered from that. However mark Fry may try to appease the anxiety ridden fans on this forum by announcing the deal tomorrow!!!!

Some of you need to chill, If its not lowe your concerned about then its lifelongsaint So Cherrypip is his new handle I must keep an eye out for his posts.

Oh whats happened to Morph and waterloo.

Good luck to both teams tonight. Me Im just chilling out in findhorn,

Keep the faith the futures red and white

No Champions League within 3 seasons and they'll bloody well deserve it!

Not from any of my usual sources and probably my first contribution to these rumour threads, but I have been told that The Echo are running with the story that "Matty's" consortium have got it.

What exactly "got it" means and whether it could have been agreed so quickly means I have some doubts, but thought I'd share it with you all.

As I said it's not my usual source so not sure how legit it is, but they did sound genuine.

Haven't had time to read too many threads so sorry if this is old news (or of it turns out to be ********!!!!).

Not from any of my usual sources and probably my first contribution to these rumour threads, but I have been told that The Echo are running with the story that "Matty's" consortium have got it.

What exactly "got it" means and whether it could have been agreed so quickly means I have some doubts, but thought I'd share it with you all.

As I said it's not my usual source so not sure how legit it is, but they did sound genuine.

Haven't had time to read too many threads so sorry if this is old news (or of it turns out to be ********!!!!).

I can't believe you have caved in so close to the wire um!!! LOl!!!!

We shall find out tomorrow morning if they run that story.

Would prefer them to the other bid IF that one does involve Marc Jackson.

First run of the Echo prints overnight so the decision of what to run I am sure would already have been taken, probably written in the usual evening paper phraseology of "it is expected that this will have happened".

If Um's source is the Echo sports or newsdesk then we're off and running!

Good old "tomorrow" :smt041

I can't believe you have caved in so close to the wire um!!! LOl!!!!

I know LOL

I tried my best not to get involved (kept hearing shedloads mind!!!), but this one seemed to indicate things were coming to a head.

First run of the Echo prints overnight so the decision of what to run I am sure would already have been taken, probably written in the usual evening paper phraseology of "it is expected that this will have happened".

If Um's source is the Echo sports or newsdesk then we're off and running!

Good old "tomorrow" :smt041

I was told just after 3 or 4 this afternoon, so presume they were indeed typing it out. My source wasn't the Sports Desk, but was from inside the media clique.

I know LOL

I tried my best not to get involved (kept hearing shedloads mind!!!), but this one seemed to indicate things were coming to a head.

I was told just after 3 or 4 this afternoon, so presume they were indeed typing it out. My source wasn't the Sports Desk, but was from inside the media clique.

any news yet steve?