MLT on SSN confirmation of Consortium involvment

Griffo

Anybody ITK know anything about the bid from abroad? There was rumour that Souness was involved in 1 consortium with backers coming from Dubai, could that be it? I don't have a clue myself & am just guessing!

I think you are in the majority ;)

My personal opinion, if Marc Jackson is visibly involved with one of the bids the administrator will sideline it in favour of another. Weston says not, but in the light of the things he is posting, it is possible Marc Jackson pulled it together, however I would expect to see him sidelined p.d.q. if his group moved forward as it won't be his money funding it. It also wouldn't surprise me, if when the money needs to be paid, it doesn't happen.

It is not unknown for an imminent decision to give a loitering party the signal to move. The administrator would have to consider them.

Edited by derry

Mark Jackson is a joey, his actions on the forums over the last few years prove this and what happened at afcb is evidence he is way out of his depth.

hopefully though his uselessness will shine through and he will get no further.

Mark Jackson is a joey, his actions on the forums over the last few years prove this and what happened at afcb is evidence he is way out of his depth.

hopefully though his uselessness will shine through and he will get no further.

Wasn't Fry part of the AFCB Administrators, surely he wouldn't trust Marc Jackson again after what happen last time.

Having spoken to Marc Jackson a few times he comes across as a likeable enough bloke but to be frank I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club no matter how bad things are. He is a "Walter Mitty" who will only harm whatever progress was made with other consortiums. Well intentioned maybe but a fantasist - only last March he was telling me that he was still in touch with Paul Allan. People like Marc can't help dabbling but really should get out of the way and leave such serious matters to serious investors.

Having spoken to Marc Jackson a few times he comes across as a likeable enough bloke but to be frank I wouldn't want him anywhere near our club no matter how bad things are. He is a "Walter Mitty" who will only harm whatever progress was made with other consortiums. Well intentioned maybe but a fantasist - only last March he was telling me that he was still in touch with Paul Allan. People like Marc can't help dabbling but really should get out of the way and leave such serious matters to serious investors.

..... That's when he got the latest Windows Upgrade .............

I wouldn't be so certain Duncan. It would appear that just two bids are being considered now and one seems to be the Marc Jackson associated bid. That surely means it has some form of credibility? :confused:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=12984

I wouldn't be so certain Duncan. It would appear that just two bids are being considered now and one seems to be the Marc Jackson associated bid. That surely means it has some form of credibility? :confused:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=12984

I think you can now forget the Jackson initiated bid as there seems (surprisingly) to have been a last minute hitch yesterday which to me is suspicious. If I was Fry I would quickly go with the Pinnacle bid (assuming it has come in).

Looks like we're going for Buena Vista, a Mickey Mouse boardroom made up of Dopey, Dumbo and Goofey.

Did the Roy E Disney take over at Derby go ahead or is there still a chance he's sniffing around looking for a club?

Disney's certainly a household name...

I think you can now forget the Jackson initiated bid as there seems (surprisingly) to have been a last minute hitch yesterday which to me is suspicious. If I was Fry I would quickly go with the Pinnacle bid (assuming it has come in).

Big surprise there.

I wonder if Mark Fry has ever encountered so many weirdos before.

I get the distinct feeling that if clowns like Jackson are being considered as "serious" bidders over 5 weeks into the process it is all going to go tits up and the admin express isn't very far from ploughing into the buffers with massive casualties resulting.

fair point WC except we dont know who is actually behind the deals. these are just agents?

Jackson isn't an agent, he's a proven failure in relation to football club purchases.

Doubt if any of his LLS posts are available for viewing now but he comes over as a rank idiot .

well I dont know the bloke so I cant say whether he's an idiot, but fair point if he's proved to failed in the past. do you know why he failed? be interesting to make sure Fry knows so its not a repitition of past mistakes...... and whats his link with football anyway, read some posts about him buying AFCB?

well I dont know the bloke so I cant say whether he's an idiot, but fair point if he's proved to failed in the past. do you know why he failed? be interesting to make sure Fry knows so its not a repitition of past mistakes...... and whats his link with football anyway, read some posts about him buying AFCB?

Well I don't think he actually had the money he was supposed to have or something basic like that.

Here's 1 take on it

http://www.twofootedtackle.com/2008/06/afc-bournemouth-15-point-deduction.html

there are many others all in different shades and sizes.

At the end of the day his part of the dosh wasn't forthcoming for whatever reason.

How well do you know Mark Fry ? Do you work with him ?

update on other thread;
Getting very confusing! Echo (Yeah. I know!) saying there are "several other potential bids in the pipeline-including one which involves overseas business men" plus a London based who contacted Mark Fry yesterday after talking to Southampton City Council "to see if they could in some way assist him with his plans for Saints.":confused:

Getting very confusing! Echo (Yeah. I know!) saying there are "several other potential bids in the pipeline-including one which involves overseas business men" plus a London based who contacted Mark Fry yesterday after talking to Southampton City Council "to see if they could in some way assist him with his plans for Saints.":confused:

It's all bullsh*t anyway, if anything serious as happening we'd know at least a little something about it by now.We're going broke I expect.

Yew know, i just wish we get someone with some cash and not someone who is broak

Oh well, maybe i will branch out and read another thread and leaf this one alone for now....

Well you guys may wish to shoot off about this bid or that, but I've twigged on that you're barking up the wrong tree and that could be the root of all our problems. I could go on... ;)