MLT on SSN confirmation of Consortium involvment

Griffo

I've put some Dom Perignon in the fridge just in case tomorrow turns out to be D day !

It's only me and 'er indoors' at the moment but if Lucy Pinder can make it round here I'll find a way to get shot of the wife so that we can have a proper celebration !!!!

We're nearly there folks, keep believing .........

:)

In the interests of pubic health I think you should make it Condom Perignon...

Very exciting. Pretty convinced that tomorrow will be the day we find out our new owners.

And please for once let there not be a sting in the tail.

All i ask for is a normal board that does it's best and respects the fans.

Is that really too much to ask?

Do you get that kind of news on tap???, or is there something else in the pipeline???.

You can never count your chickens before they're hatched in these situations. The situation is fluid.

KES...Sylvester House and I used to have the hots for Ms Erica Cawte (fumbles for Kleenex) ...but I think Dickie Dykes was doing her. I also think this might be the last post I can use today.

Erica Cawte was a dyke ffs! Got sacked for having 'inappropriate material' in her car.

Personally, I am "flushed" with excitement.

I hope that gag has not been posted already, I cannot be bothered to "brush up" on previous posts.

But I know this is a "drain" on your good humour...so coat got. Gone.

Edited by Saint Fan CaM

Agreed. Mark Fry needs to be put under pressure from local media, local MPs and Councillors to accept a deal in the best interests for the City.

Frankly any bid accepted that is associated with Lowe - even indirectly - will spell disaster for the Club due to the lack of confidence that will follow.

Fry will accept what is best for the creditors! That is his job even if it meant closing the club down and selling of whatever assets are left!

Regarding the incumbent bid, didn't Derry previously indicate that his semi relative had claimed it was from KK with financial backing by some sort of hedge fund?

In which case this may account for why the alleged local property developers consortium were so keen to publicise MLT's connection. After all, can you imagine fans response when MF happily announces that a bid by Kevin Keegan has been turned down in favour of some local property guys!

However, if he says a bid by MLT consortium wins, then joy everywhere. Simple really, just substitute one former Saints legend for another. There's always method in the madness...

;)

All very quiet this morning... thought it would be a mad house on here!!!! calm before the storm?

Well theres nothing on this mornings south today or anywhere else so I think it could be a few more days. How many times has that **** Roger Johnson got our hopes up in the past only for it to come to nothing? God this is soooo bloody frustrating!!!!! Surely an update from Fry today though at the very least.

Oh forget that BBC Solent just said Fry could be announcing preferred bidder this afternoon. Also Guernsey duo not front runners. Come on Fry your killing us!!!!!!

Edited by SKATE_HATE

I've just updated the Press conference thread with this

News from solent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the Radio Solent news at 8.30am

- Fry could be announcing the prefered bidder this afternoon

- the lot from guernsey are not expected to be in the front running.

sounds like (hopefully) we are now close to getting the deal done.....lets hope its a good one..

All very quiet this morning... thought it would be a mad house on here!!!! calm before the storm?

Things still seem unclear. Solent had an interview with MLT this morning and he said that things should happen in the next few days maybe a week, whilst Solent themselves said that they had learned that the preffered bidder could be named as early as later today.:confused:

re Fri 24th April bid ......

yep that was a Lowe/Ch Islands/Souness consortium

Souness in bed with Lowe ??? ....... bearing in mind what Souness thought of Lowe, that is quite strange ........

...... ( has anyone survived a second triple heart bypass Op ???.... )

I've just updated the Press conference thread with this

News from solent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the Radio Solent news at 8.30am

- Fry could be announcing the prefered bidder this afternoon

- the lot from guernsey are not expected to be in the front running.

sounds like (hopefully) we are now close to getting the deal done.....lets hope its a good one..

For the record, this "chappers" fella is not me. Incase anyone from bbc606 / facebook gets confused.

Edited by Master Bates

Good news! Finally something appears to be happening. Whilst having Le Tiss backing a group is great, the 2nd sounds more promising in terms of finance. Anybody know more about the 2nd consortium, any word if Souness is something to do with it?

Not according to Weston Saint last night.

I think Le Tiss will work with either of them as just a figurehead or something. Be good if the second one was keegan, be cool to have Keegan and Le Tiss involved. Maybe Keegan will be doing a Niall Quinn type of role?