MLT on SSN confirmation of Consortium involvment

Griffo

'News just reached me'

'Client phoned PR'

DT - you might actually be surprised with the extent of what I'm told..... I happen to personally know someone very close to all of this. Badvoc - do you know Lynam or Steel as I understand that their both involved?? And not the Guernsey Steele before someone jumps down my neck!

There is no spin; certainly not from me. I don't really go in for the rumour mill, and as a rule just enjoy gauging the opinions of others. Just reiterating the fact I know the Pinnacle guys, and know they are close to MLT. If the deal is good enough for Matt, then with our current precarious predicament then it's good enough for me.

You will hear everything in due course anyway.

DT - you might actually be surprised with the extent of what I'm told..... I happen to personally know someone very close to all of this. Badvoc - do you know Lynam or Steel as I understand that their both involved?? And not the Guernsey Steele before someone jumps down my neck!

I'd be more interested in the other bidders. They have conducted themselves in a respectable manner. Can you see if the bat phone can reach them?

Let's assume this Pinnacle lot do get in. It's going to be a complete disaster based on the plants posts on this thread. It's not even day 1 and there's a campaign of spin and manipulation in full swing. They've set their stall out in this respect so this is how they operate.

Stanley the world is full of spin - you spin on here, your above post is spin of sorts, everybody spins their angles but to say, as you do, "if Pinnacle get in it is going to be a disaster" is ridiculous. I admire your tenacity and determination at times but let's just give these people a chance before we rip them or anyone else to shreds. As you said earlier beggars can't be choosers. I am nervous of their motives but with a couple of ex employees (non political) of SFC involved I would expect an element of investment in our club which is what we need so desperately. The alternative is no club so for now let them spin to their hearts content.

I agree with you, but the other bidders are behaving in a manner which i consider to be professional. This Pinaccle lot seem more like a backstreet outfit.

First impressions are always important and in this respect the Pinaccle lot have not impressed me at all.

Stanley. In truth this is prob our fault, me very much included, because we can't stop speculating led by the snippets that indirectly we know. I vote we ask (properly) for an official statement on their proposal?? Call me stupid and maybe I am, but I just want to know.

If the deal is good enough for Matt, then with our current precarious predicament then it's good enough for me.

And who's to say this Pinaccle lot aren't using Matt Le Tiss like they are trying to use fans on this forum?

so for now let them spin to their hearts content.

No way, because if you let them think they can get away with spin now you have no principles on the matter and no right to question these tactics in the furture.

We should'nt be surprised that there are PR people monitoring and getting involved on these threads, jeeze, Lowe used them often enough.

But there does seem to be a few posters determined to out anyone who is suspicious just because they themselves are not in the loop.

Give it up guys and let these people do their business, after all, we want a club at the end of this, and at the moment I would be happy just to have my club back alive and kicking to support. We seem fixated on who it is rather than the fact that they are our potential life line.

But there does seem to be a few posters determined to out anyone who is suspicious just because they themselves are not in the loop.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with "not being in the loop". I don't want to be in the loop. I want what's best for Saints and that is a board that will get on with running the club, not a board that plays politics on fans messageboards.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with "not being in the loop". I don't want to be in the loop. I want what's best for Saints and that is a board that will get on with running the club, not a board that plays politics on fans messageboards.

So you'd rather be in the position Coventry were with SISU, where there was only one player in town and a take it or leave it noose placed around their necks. I'm glad there is more than one option for Saints and from what I have seen and heard of Mark Fry and his people, he certainly is not stupid. He will know what the best bid is and award the contract accordingly.

So you'd rather be in the position Coventry were with SISU, where there was only one player in town and a take it or leave it noose placed around their necks. I'm glad there is more than one option for Saints and from what I have seen and heard of Mark Fry and his people, he certainly is not stupid. He will know what the best bid is and award the contract accordingly.

No, i'd rather there were Myriad offers, but that doesn't mean i can't be critical when i consider one of the interested parties has behaved un-professionally.

Though doth protest too much.

To be fair there is one bid on table and not one leak has emanated, we always said this was the way it should be done. There is another possible bid where it has been pass the parcel with info. It has also stirred up feeling on the board again!!

I vote professional fwiw, I just hope it takes the club forward

Though doth protest too much.

Too right i do. I've said the same things consistently throughout the Wilde, LLS, Saintlee, Saint David, Helpmerhonda, tommac and barry the briefcase shenanigans. I was right then and i'm right now.

I really don't think that people care about being in the Loop, they care about a buyer coming in who can save the club, invest money, get a new manager in who knows what he is doing, gets rid of the playing staff dross and gets in players who are committed to us and can get us out of this division.

The fact is any new owner who plays his cards right will have the continued support and attendance of the fans for the first year...if they do not screw up.

Agree with the theory of this but in practice won't multiple competing bids mean simply a better return for the company's creditors?

Mark Fry is employed to do best by them, not by the football club or its fans.

In all likelihood multiple competing bids means more money will be needed to acquire the club which in turn could mean less cash for the club to operate with.

With all due respect to all posters on here, I think that Mark Fry is no idiot. All of this speculation - weighing one bid against another - even though the only "details" that we have are those that have been posted here, whilst fun and a way to pass away the frustrating waiting time, is quite pointles. Fry will have the relevant information and will make the right choice I am sure. Lets calm down and wait and see.

I really don't think that people care about being in the Loop, they care about a buyer coming in who can save the club, invest money, get a new manager in who knows what he is doing, gets rid of the playing staff dross and gets in players who are committed to us and can get us out of this division.

The fact is any new owner who plays his cards right will have the continued support and attendance of the fans for the first year...if they do not screw up.

Only if the "New Owners" do not have in their midst .... an "Old Owner"

What has bugged me to date is .... the person that appointed Fry's Company

With all due respect to all posters on here, I think that Mark Fry is no idiot. All of this speculation - weighing one bid against another - even though the only "details" that we have are those that have been posted here, whilst fun and a way to pass away the frustrating waiting time, is quite pointles. Fry will have the relevant information and will make the right choice I am sure. Lets calm down and wait and see.

I agree with everything you say except the penultimate statement where I would add 'will make the right choice I am sure', on behalf of the creditors of this club. (Notwithstanding the Holding Company is of course a separate entity). It's been said by many before but we are not in a position to start discrediting any genuine offer because until any offer has become contractual and some hard cash put on the table, Pinnacle or god forbid the fans pledges maybe all we end up with by which time Pinnacle may decide to walk away if they are stupid enough to take on board some comments being made on this forum.

I agree with everything you say except the penultimate statement where I would add 'will make the right choice I am sure', on behalf of the creditors of this club. (Notwithstanding the Holding Company is of course a separate entity). It's been said by many before but we are not in a position to start discrediting any genuine offer because until any offer has become contractual and some hard cash put on the table, Pinnacle or god forbid the fans pledges maybe all we end up with by which time Pinnacle may decide to walk away if they are stupid enough to take on board some comments being made on this forum.[/quote]

Why would they walk away???...my understanding is, that they are only the brokers!!

Why would they walk away???...my understanding is, that they are only the brokers!!

If pinaccle are just the brokers i'd be interested to know if they were issueing statements with the implicit permission of their client:

It seems, various posters and the press have been reading the forum and contacting Pinnacle and asking questions. As we all know there is nothing definate at present and as far as I am aware they have not yet completed DD with Mark Fry.

The following has just been sent to me to put up on here.

The facts as of present are.

1. They have already assessed the value of the bid and know that fundamentally this will be agreeable to the administrators and creditors alike (that’s the easy part :) )

2. The long term commitment is harder to assess. They are currently working on various projections but please appreciate the amount of variables.

3. Their client does not just want to buy the club, they want to turn it around within 4 seasons, with a minimum goal of at least an attempt at promotion to the top flight within that period.

To be honest I think they have done this so people stop hounding them for questions until they can come out publically this week. But again I stress, please dont get too excited as nothing is definate yet. We know there is another bid with the administrator which may even be better. Like I said before just because MLT is involved does not make it a better or definate.

If their client has not supported such statements then i'd have a lot more respect for them.

If pinaccle are just the brokers i'd be interested to know if they were issueing statements with the implicit permission of their client:

If their client has not supported such statements then i'd have a lot more respect for them.

i read on here that Pinnacle were the front for a large local property developer.

Who might that be , are there any major players in the area. Not £20m ones but 500m+ ones?

i read on here that Pinnacle were the front for a large local property developer.

Who might that be , are there any major players in the area. Not £20m ones but 500m+ ones?

Thankfully that discounts Merlion then.;)

I agree with everything you say except the penultimate statement where I would add 'will make the right choice I am sure', on behalf of the creditors of this club. (Notwithstanding the Holding Company is of course a separate entity). It's been said by many before but we are not in a position to start discrediting any genuine offer because until any offer has become contractual and some hard cash put on the table, Pinnacle or god forbid the fans pledges maybe all we end up with by which time Pinnacle may decide to walk away if they are stupid enough to take on board some comments being made on this forum.[/quote]

Brokers, agents, wholly owned subsidiary, who cares. They are doing no different than Fry is doing for SFC and both trying presumably to seal the deal for their interested parties.

If Pinnacle walk away it will because they are instructed to do so by their clients who they are acting on behalf of so what's the difference. Do you think Pinnacle will stay if their client gets cold feet?????

Is now the time to try and be clever with semantics?

Edited by Nineteen Canteen

Brokers, agents, wholly owned subsidiary, who cares. They are doing no different than Fry is doing for SFC and both trying presumably to seal the deal for their interested parties.

If Pinnacle walk away it will because they are instructed to do so by their clients who they are acting on behalf of so what's the difference. Do you think Pinnacle will stay if their client gets cold feet?????

NC last night in their statement Pinnacle said 'If they recommend their client to proceed' or words to that effect. Pinnacle must be there giving a fianl recommendation and so are major influences on the investors decision.

I never join in on the rumour mill as I don't normally have any info but Badvoc is 100% genuine on this one and if what his source has told him comes to fruition then we are all going to have big smiles on our faces.

I have my fingers, arms, legs and toes crossed.

I am not ITK or in The Loop or have any knowledge of what is occurring appart from what I glean from the Echo and the Nationals (virtually all rubbish) and from on here. (just as much rubbish but with some pearls thrown before us swine).

But what I do know is a couple of weeks ago Saints were kaputt, done for, dead, and extinct. Now we have One possibly 2 bidders wanting to save our club. I dont know the depth of their wallets or their motives, I just know Due Dil. has been done and Fry knows they have the money to do a deal. I am at present mighty happy with that.

Anything else is just a bonus.

Let us just be happy that SFC will see 125 years and rejoice in that.

Is now the time to try and be clever with semantics?

Lol..............feisty today arn't we????

Not this year went over May last year.

Did you watch the tide going out at a place called La Roque?

It's amazing, your sat in a little sandy cove then within minutes the seas gone out what looks like about 2 miles leaving a lunar landscape where you can walk to the Napoleonic tower. That and Rozzel were my favourite parts.

I was fairly pro Shearer coming here when he was mooted about last season. His performance at Newcastle hardly makes me wet myself with excitement.

The problem will also be that we will be expecting him to leave for Newcastle every time that job comes free , andi f he is successful we will have upheaval again.

If Dave Jones is sacked by Cardiff he may well be a better bet

Yeah, he's doing a great job at Newcastle :rolleyes:

I think I'd prefer a more experienced manager.

TBF they were in a nosedive when he arrived and it's not at all easy to pull a team out of a downward spiral, just as Harry Redknapp found out here.

I think he would have been well advised to have given the Newcastle job a miss, that club is in a bit of a state at the moment.

Although you might not personally want him Shearer is genuine box office. He'd give the long suffering fans of this club a much needed boost.

Yeah, he's doing a great job at Newcastle :rolleyes:

I think I'd prefer a more experienced manager.

I reckon Shearer could be okay at a League One side. Players at that level will be a little in awe of him for his name and his achievements. Problem is at Newcastle there's half a dozen players who reckon they're better than him and without that respect you have to fall back on your coaching skills, and if you've not built them up at the lower levels you're in trouble.

Ince is another - he had enough respect from the players to do a decent job at MK Dons but in the Premiership was found wonting.