MLT on SSN confirmation of Consortium involvment

Griffo

The cynic in me tells me the administrator wants to increase his fees and so doesnt care about how long he takes.

IMHO the Administrator will earn more money and receive greater kudos in the long run if he manages to pull a deal together.

Its not the minutes wasted but the funds will dry up sooner or later and we are gone, folded, finished, defunct and just a memory.The cynic in me tells me the administrator wants to increase his fees and so doesnt care about how long he takes.
Careful, you are accusing him of malpractice.

WS - I don't know them - but I know someone who does. if you want this confirmed to dispell the doubt, send me a message. As for the Guernsey guys, Ive been told by at least 3 people not to dismiss them. It IS their offer on the table. Dont believe everything you read in the paper :rolleyes:
It is not there offer, I assure you. I am not taking notice of the media.

What does the optimist in you say Nick?

I normally try and put a positve front on here about the club.I was always against administration and like the Wilde bunch and RLs Dutch exeriment it was going to be a gamble.I live inhope that someone takes us over, whether we will recover at present Im not sure.

I normally try and put a positve front on here about the club.I was always against administration and like the Wilde bunch and RLs Dutch exeriment it was going to be a gamble.I live inhope that someone takes us over, whether we will recover at present Im not sure.

FWIW I firmly believe we will *****ing about the players before you know it in august!!!

Careful, you are accusing him of malpractice.
Never would,and apologise if that was taken as I had badly put it. No just a case of my frustration knowing we have an offer and hanging around waiting for others to get their act together could cost the club its existance Edited by OldNick

IMHO the Administrator will earn more money and receive greater kudos in the long run if he manages to pull a deal together.
I agree Fry has been impressive and the first person for a long time talking about Saints I would have real confidence in.Obviosly he is a smart operator, and is working for the creditors as expected but I hate this waiting game.

I agree Fry has been impressive and the first person for a long time talking about Saints I would have real confidence in.Obviosly he is a smart operator, and is working for the creditors as expected but I hate this waiting game.

Dont we all mate! I expect we will have it all sorted this week one way or another.

Never would,and apologise if that was taken as I had put it. No just a case of my frustration knowing we have an offer and hanging around waiting for others to get their act together could cost the club its existance

But nick what if that bid is totally unsuitable or vastly inferior to the MLT bid? I know it's a risk but we only get one shot at this to determine the future of the club.

Sounded like a total div when claiming the holding company wasnt anything to do with the club.

I presume Mr Fry has given a deadline for the MLT backed lot and that the ones with the offer already on the table are aware of that, otherwise this is just a case of first ones in are the winners and surely this whole process is a lot more business like than that,,,isnt it ?

It seems, various posters and the press have been reading the forum and contacting Pinnacle and asking questions. As we all know there is nothing definate at present and as far as I am aware they have not yet completed DD with Mark Fry.

The following has just been sent to me to put up on here.

The facts as of present are.

1. They have already assessed the value of the bid and know that fundamentally this will be agreeable to the administrators and creditors alike (that’s the easy part :) )

2. The long term commitment is harder to assess. They are currently working on various projections but please appreciate the amount of variables.

3. Their client does not just want to buy the club, they want to turn it around within 4 seasons, with a minimum goal of at least an attempt at promotion to the top flight within that period.

To be honest I think they have done this so people stop hounding them for questions until they can come out publically this week. But again I stress, please dont get too excited as nothing is definate yet. We know there is another bid with the administrator which may even be better. Like I said before just because MLT is involved does not make it a better or definate.

It seems, various posters and the press have been reading the forum and contacting Pinnacle and asking questions. As we all know there is nothing definate at present and as far as I am ware they have not yet completed DD with Mark Fry.

1. They have already assessed the value of the bid and know that fundamentally this will be agreeable to the administrators and creditors alike (that’s the easy part :) )

2. The long term commitment is harder to assess. They are currently working on various projections but please appreciate the amount of variables.

3. Their client does not just want to buy the club, they want to turn it around within 4 seasons, with a minimum goal of at least an attempt at promotion to the top flight within that period.

To be honest I think they have done this so people stop hounding them for questions until they can come out publically this week. But again I stress, please dont get too excited as nothing is definate yet. We know there is another bid with the administrator which may even be better. Like I said before just because MLT is involved does not make it a better or definate.

number 3 sounds a trifle ambitious!! better have a whole new squad then lol!!

3. Their client does not just want to buy the club, they want to turn it around within 4 seasons, with a minimum goal of at least an attempt at promotion to the top flight within that period

I could get all happy clappy about these words, but they are just that - words. Ultimately they'll have to spend some money AND get a decent manager in to achieve these objectives.

It seems, various posters and the press have been reading the forum and contacting Pinnacle and asking questions. As we all know there is nothing definate at present and as far as I am aware they have not yet completed DD with Mark Fry.

This in itself would do it for me!

To be honest that should be the ambition for anyone taking over the club shouldn't it ?

Promotion from League 1 within 2 seasons then a push for promotion/play-offs again within a further two ?

I could get all happy clappy about these words, but they are just that - words. Ultimately they'll have to spend some money AND get a decent manager in to achieve these objectives.

To be fair chaps, I would be expecting that objective from any consortium. Although note how they have worded it "at least an attempt at promotion" which does cover their ass

To be honest that should be the ambition for anyone taking over the club shouldn't it ?

Promotion from League 1 within 2 seasons then a push for promotion/play-offs again within a further two ?

I agree it would be brilliant! my view has been tainted by the crap they have served up over the past three seasons! Reasons I know, but it doesn't the facts of two relegations etc! hey I am up for a brave new dawn, bring it on!

To be fair chaps, I would be expecting that objective from any consortium. Although note how they have worded it "at least an attempt at promotion" which does cover their ass

I will be chuffed to nuts if 1) the club is saved with a deal that sees us moving forward and 2) the players start showing it on the pitch!!

So basically they want to try and get a quick promotion to the premiership. If this were to fail then their long term future looks uncertain? Bit of a shame that because I really wanted bidders who were in it for the long term.

So basically they want to try and get a quick promotion to the premiership. If this were to fail then their long term future looks uncertain? Bit of a shame that because I really wanted bidders who were in it for the long term.

Sadly modern football is about short term fixing. It shouldn`t be but it is. Fans want quick success. Bloody fans again!!;)

I think in fairness a number of those variables could be to do with non football issues - credit crunch, state of world markets etc etc. It only says it is harder to assess and in this day and age with the credit crunch well and truly on that makes sense and has to be taken into account.

A lot can happen in four years.......just look at SFC 2005 - 09 !!

To be honest at the mome I'd be happy with someone coming in with no more immediate ambition than securing the club's long term future.

Just sort out the debt and halt the decline without sacrificing Saint Mary's, Staplewood or the academy. Makes us a far more attractive proposition to someone with a bit more cash to push us on a bit further.

What i will say is that i hope this isn't the beginnings of a repition of another Wilde-esque PR campaign to be launched via certain individuals. Keith was used by Mike Wilde and many were taken in.

I'm realistic enough to realise Saints are beggars so we can't be choosers but there are lessons that can be learnt in this respect from the past few years shenanigans.

What i will say is that i hope this isn't the beginnings of a repition of another Wilde-esque PR campaign to be launched via certain individuals. Keith was used by Mike Wilde and many were taken in.

I'm realistic enough to realise Saints are beggars so we can't be choosers but there are lessons that can be learnt in this respect from the past few years shenanigans.

I would be wary of PR posters on here at the moment.

That worries me too Tris. Mention of LeTiss is made, it reaches the media pretty quickly and suddenly this forum is alive with direct quotes.

I am fairly convinced the Pinnacle connection is genuine but until I hear that a proper bid document has been filed with the Administrator I will remain slightly sceptical.

The interested party with a bid in has remained off any forums and is not known to the media. "They" seem to be dealing with the matter in the correct way so far and appear ahead of the others.

That worries me too Tris. Mention of LeTiss is made, it reaches the media pretty quickly and suddenly this forum is alive with direct quotes.

I am fairly convinced the Pinnacle connection is genuine but until I hear that a proper bid document has been filed with the Administrator I will remain slightly sceptical.

The interested party with a bid in has remained off any forums and is not known to the media. "They" seem to be dealing with the matter in the correct way so far and appear ahead of the others.

I assume we can breath eaiser in the knowledge that RL is nothing to do with those who have their bid in can we ? See, the more you read the more paranoid you become dont you !!

And that's the way it should be done. Their little speech that they got Exit2 to post up does them no favours. Perhaps they are unaware of the history on these message boards, but it will backfire on them if this is how they intend to operate.

I posted a thread a while back about lessons that our new owners should learn from past mistakes. They should read it.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=12422

And that's the way it should be done. Their little speech that they got Exit2 to post up does them no favours. Perhaps they are unaware of the history on these message boards, but it will backfire on them if this is how they intend to operate.

I posted a thread a while back about lessons that our new owners should learn from past mistakes. They should read it.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=12422

again being cynical using MLT could be so they hope to put pressure on the administrator to accept what may be a lesser offer, or just to give them a little more time.We have to hope that the best bid is the best bid for us.

and so the nature of forums.....we have gone from thinking they are our knight in shining armour to possible chancers in the space of a few hours !!!!

As i said before, lets just wait and see what the next few days brings.

We have waited long enough for some good news, a few more days wont hurt !

I have now been told the link between Pinnacle and Matt. I know someone who is close to Pinnacle and he confirms they are the genuine article.

Think we should just leave them alone to get on with things. As Samuel Johnson said (no he is not a bidder or a poster :) ) "When speculation has done its worst, two and two still make four"

again being cynical using MLT could be so they hope to put pressure on the administrator to accept what may be a lesser offer, or just to give them a little more time.We have to hope that the best bid is the best bid for us.

Nick, I have been saying the same thing since this all started, which I also hope answer Stanleys concerns

But again I stress, please dont get too excited as nothing is definate yet. We know there is another bid with the administrator which may even be better. Like I said before just because MLT is involved does not make it a better or definate.

I have now been told the link between Pinnacle and Matt. I know someone who is close to Pinnacle and he confirms they are the genuine article.

Think we should just leave them alone to get on with things. As Samuel Johnson said (no he is not a bidder or a poster :) ) "When speculation has done its worst, two and two still make four"

That makes me feel better.Knowing that the Farmer was involved made me a little better , but it is dragging.Afterall we were told the club only had 8 days about 10 days ago

Exactly .....very easy to talk the talk

When you havnt actually made an offer.

Have you heard the people who have actually commited there money to bid saying stuff like this ??

NO exactly

That makes me feel better.Knowing that the Farmer was involved made me a little better , but it is dragging.Afterall we were told the club only had 8 days about 10 days ago

Nick, the Farmer and my sources are from the same group.... this is the real deal but from what I know its a fight against time because of the confirmed offer which wasn't expected this w/e

Lancelot link is monkeying around (he will understand). I believe he has the ear of Pinnacle and not a bull****ter.

It is good they are interested but why the delay? They are behind the game and eating into pre season planning.

LL, dont be worried about the guernsey lot. There is a real written bid on the table by someone who has carried out due diligence. They are in the driving seat but I worry they will get impatient and walk away.

WS - I don't know them - but I know someone who does. if you want this confirmed to dispell the doubt, send me a message. As for the Guernsey guys, Ive been told by at least 3 people not to dismiss them. It IS their offer on the table. Dont believe everything you read in the paper :rolleyes:

It is not there offer, I assure you. I am not taking notice of the media.

no wonder I am confused!

Nick, the Farmer and my sources are from the same group.... this is the real deal but from what I know its a fight against time because of the confirmed offer which wasn't expected this w/e

what surprises me is that they have had weeks and are now surprised somebody has made an offer!!

It was ahrdly fresh on the market. I assume they have hesitated and waited to see what league we are in before getting their act together.The team who have made the first offer must have factored in the relegation and so got in quickly. Smart move perhaps.

no wonder I am confused!

You and me both mate. Reading this thread is like doing a flamin' 'whodunit' movie. It has more twists and turns than gawdknowswhat. Does anybody actually know anything about anything - or are you all just claiming to be ITK and second guessing third hand snippets...???

what surprises me is that they have had weeks and are now surprised somebody has made an offer!!

It was ahrdly fresh on the market. I assume they have hesitated and waited to see what league we are in before getting their act together.The team who have made the first offer must have factored in the relegation and so got in quickly. Smart move perhaps.

I agree Nick, the timing of this has been a major concern of mine. I spoke to FF (Duncan) last week and Um Pahars and said the same thing - "why leave this late!"

So who are you then?

longlifemilk by any chance.

To be fair nick a lot of bidders come in at the last minute, that is common practice. I can understand people being sceptical, but guys we seem to be in a much better position than last week. It was no bids other than someone to do with lowe. Now it is at least 2 bids, matt le tiss involved and another decent bid. I trust the farmer as much as I trust anyone. He is a huge saints fan and a top bloke so whatever happens trust him please.