MLT on SSN confirmation of Consortium involvment

Griffo

So then to sum up 11 pages of mass hysteria and wild speculation:

Nothing is definitely happening but we haven't yet gone out of existence either.

Is that about right ?

Something is definately happening. Believe me I know people are working round the clock to dot the 'i's and cross the 't's on a strategy that will please the fans if they can get the necessary elements in place to satisfy the administrator and succeed with an imminent bid.

No news is good news at the moment, next couple of days are very important for the future of the club though.

if they can get the necessary elements in place to satisfy the administrator and succeed with an imminent bid.

Being the operative phrase of course.

I read that as not yet being sure of having the money to get the job done and frankly I don't like that. There's a real bid in place apparently, let all the rest put up or shut up and let us get on with repairing the club.

Being the operative phrase of course.

I read that as not yet being sure of having the money to get the job done and frankly I don't like that.

No, not at all. It merely alludes to paperwork and necessary contracts WC. The forthcoming bid would not only repair a broken club but look to put initiatives in place to achieve realistic medium to long term success.

Edited by The Farmer

No, not at all. It merely alludes to paperwork and necessary contracts WC. The forthcoming bid would not only repair a broken club but look to put initiatives in place to achieve realistic medium to long term success.

We can but wait then, hopefully this is something serious and not just an Nieme

waste of time..

Music to my ears..

From some of your previous postings I read that you can be a cynical old sod ;), so for you to be optimistic in such a way causes me to be optimistic too.

That I am liking the sound of, long term success is what we need not a quick short term fix

That I am liking the sound of, long term success is what we need not a quick short term fix

What we need is an immediate solution before all the money people usually spend on STs goes on an extra holiday or a set of go-faster stripes for the Austin Maxi.

The clock has been ticking for too long, asses have to be got into gear.

The longer it goes on the more likely we are to have an unsuitable solution.

We shall see.

What we need is an immediate solution

Perhaps the new bid caters for both short, medium and long-term timescales ;)

It is a bit of a race though and still some hoops to be jumped through.

But I am optimistic and I am hoping that what I have heard comes to fruition - which like Foxstone suggested, is unusual for me!!

Edited by The Farmer

I keep reading about deadlines etc. and decided to research the rules regarding Administration and it is clear that you can be in administration for a period of time as long as you are in the process of formulating a plan that involves:

1. Rescuing a company as a going concern, or

2. Achieving a better result for the company's creditors as a whole than would be likely if the company were wound up (without first being in administration), or

3. Realising property in order to make a distribution to one or more secured or preferential creditors.

It also stated you could be in this state for up to 12 months assuming the administration process is active. Clearly, in our case we will need a quick fix as we will need to pay people again very soon.

It's possible that pinnacle are spinning this to try and buy some time as I suspect the first bidder is not happy over the delay.

The rumour that they have until tomorrow to get a bid in ties in.

I would be surprised if there isn't pressure being applied, especially the players contracts etc need resolving.

This thing has been dragging on for four weeks and needs sorting. Whilst I understand the support from those on here who know the pinnacle side, we can't afford to let this drag on.

Conceivably there could be a rebidding until the preferred bidder is selected. This would use up more time.

21st may is the next pay day for staff and players so if its not complete by then the

s#it will start hitting the fan

Nah Uncle Leon will just pay everybody again. After all he must be involved in one of the bids so it's no great shakes.

He just can't leave it alone. Then there's the match on 17th May, finely calculated to get in cash to pay the salaries again.

What happens to the catering section with lots of summer weddings and the like already lined up. They won't cancel them so there must be money to pay at least the catering staff and make sure the bailiffs haven't chained the suite doors.

I keep reading about deadlines etc. and decided to research the rules regarding Administration and it is clear that you can be in administration for a period of time as long as you are in the process of formulating a plan that involves:

2. Achieving a better result for the company's creditors as a whole than would be likely if the company were wound up (without first being in administration), or

3. Realising property in order to make a distribution to one or more secured or preferential creditors.

It also stated you could be in this state for up to 12 months assuming the administration process is active. Clearly, in our case we will need a quick fix as we will need to pay people again very soon.

All this presupposes the club stay operating. If they are wound up every thing falls apart.

The club owe approx £6m and have no assets and are being kept going by the goodwill of the creditors and a begging bowl.

If one creditor pulls the plug there will be no administration but immediate winding up. The PFA would pay the players and their contracts would lapse making them free agents.

That is the timescale driving this.

There's more chance of Lucy Pinder showing her gash on the pitch, than Shearer being manager
I'd settle for either - but I am easily pleased. As an aside, I can't understand why the Harding (ex-Jayhard) rumour is not being kicked around on the forum? Are we avoiding naming names to protect the innocent or to avoid the "Paul Allen" scenario again? I'll have to edit this post if I get a bollocking :( Edited by kpturner

I don't think it's a question of how long we can be in administration for, but more the deadline imposed by the Football League. If we are still in administration at a certain date then they can make the assumption that we might not fulfill our fixtures for next season and refuse our entry to the league.

What we need is an immediate solution before all the money people usually spend on STs goes on an extra holiday or a set of go-faster stripes for the Austin Maxi.

The clock has been ticking for too long, asses have to be got into gear.

The longer it goes on the more likely we are to have an unsuitable solution.

We shall see.

I would prefer an immediate solution with a long term plan for success, as opposed to an immediate solution and being broke in 12mnths time again because they have no long term plan

All this presupposes the club stay operating. If they are wound up every thing falls apart.

The club owe approx £6m and have no assets and are being kept going by the goodwill of the creditors and a begging bowl.

If one creditor pulls the plug there will be no administration but immediate winding up. The PFA would pay the players and their contracts would lapse making them free agents.

That is the timescale driving this.

Call me an optimist (which I am), Dave, but I'm not too concerned just now about a creditor pulling the plug. Okay, so they're not getting their money yet, but the way to make sure they don't get the money at all is to pull the plug. What they probably would receive, though, is a sh*t-kicking in the public arena. The only real exception to this is football-related debt and possibly the government stuff, which could bring a whole new barrel of crap down on us.

I'm much more concerned that we have new owners who understand the importance of success on the pitch - not just development success off it, and that they cut themselves a deal that rids us of as much of the cost millstone (i.e. stadium debt) as possible. That leaves them with less pressure and more money to spend on the squad and management.

We're playing for a longer term future here, so I'm quite content to wait - although just as anxious and frustrated as everyone else.

If it's any consolation to those worrying about the time scale, Nigel Pearson wasn't appointed at Leicester till June the 20th last year. He had one almightly job to face and I think we all agree did an incredible one too. Players usually don't have to report until the beginning of July and I recall Kevin Davis sunning himself all summer before winnning a contract and signing up for Bolton.

I appreciate the optimism being shown by certain persons but only hope that old karma isn't lying in wait to equal old scores for some people. "What goes around comes around" and a big number of Saints supporters have a lot of karmatic debt to pay. We get the club and direction we deserve. I like to think we deserve at last a little bit of luck after all that's transpired.

I'd settle for either - but I am easily pleased. As an aside, I can't understand why the Harding (ex-Jayhard) rumour is not being kicked around on the forum? Are we avoiding naming names to protect the innocent or to avoid the "Paul Allen" scenario again? I'll have to edit this post if I get a bollocking :(

What Harding rumour?

are you just starting it for fun or do you have a reason, I assume you mean Jayhard the plumbers merchants?

What in your eyes would count as realistic with the level of funding available to the bids?

There would be a 5 year plan to provide funds for football matters. It certainly will not be a case of stabilising the club and then looking to profit in the short term.

Call me an optimist (which I am), Dave, but I'm not too concerned just now about a creditor pulling the plug. Okay, so they're not getting their money yet, but the way to make sure they don't get the money at all is to pull the plug. What they probably would receive, though, is a sh*t-kicking in the public arena. The only real exception to this is football-related debt and possibly the government stuff, which could bring a whole new barrel of crap down on us.

I'm much more concerned that we have new owners who understand the importance of success on the pitch - not just development success off it, and that they cut themselves a deal that rids us of as much of the cost millstone (i.e. stadium debt) as possible. That leaves them with less pressure and more money to spend on the squad and management.

We're playing for a longer term future here, so I'm quite content to wait - although just as anxious and frustrated as everyone else.

So am I Bill, however it's the Echo's mention of money owed to HMRC that troubles me.

I find it a bit strange nearly a fortnight after the first bid and the perilous state of the finances, kept going by the underwriting of the legends match and the Saints Aid concert, that we now have somebody coming in at the eleventh hour and spinning whilst the other two are behind the scenes.

I personally think that unless they get a move on this could yet unravel, how many times have we seen a drama unfold, then no deal done, with previous football rescues.

What Harding rumour?

are you just starting it for fun or do you have a reason, I assume you mean Jayhard the plumbers merchants?

Peter Harding is worth a few bob, although possibly less than before he bought into NV!! I know a few of his associates, not heard his name in dispatches though.

What Harding rumour?

I assume you mean Jayhard the plumbers merchants?

Yes - can't remember his first name (Peter?) who sold Jayhards and made a shed load. I am not trying to be mischievious - it has just been mentioned a few times in idle gossip in the pub and on the golf course that he is one of the backers in one of the bids, so I was doing a search to see what was mentioned on this forum. Not a thing (that I could find)- so it is either complete nonsense or people are staying tight-lipped about it. One hilarious rumour that came my way (ooohTerryHurlock can vouch for this) is that Harding is involved in a bid with Rod Stewart and that Gordon Strachan is leaving Celtic to manage Saints as part of the deal :o I wet myself laughing at the very idea - I am much more hopeful about Lucy Pinder's gash being on display at SOS :rolleyes:

I don't know why people are getting so excited at the "Lucy Pinder's gash being on display at SOS". We've seen plenty of them on the pitch over the last few seasons.
because this one is attached to a real woman, not a bloke playing football like a woman (apologies to all woman who do actually play better than the current squad)

I don't know why people are getting so excited at the "Lucy Pinder's gash being on display at SOS". We've seen plenty of them on the pitch over the last few seasons.
yeah but when was the last Brazilian one on there?

Peter Harding is worth a few bob, although possibly less than before he bought into NV!! I know a few of his associates, not heard his name in dispatches though.

I know Peter very well used to play football with him at Millbrook & Maybush many years ago, I don't think he made enough money with sale of Jayhards to fund the purchase of the club.

Edited by Toomer

I now Peter very well used to play football with him at Millbrook & Maybush many years ago, I don't think he made enough money with sale of Jayhards to fund the purchase of the club.

I think he possibly did originally but tied a lot up with different projects since he sold Jayhards. He is still working as a developer in Northam and although he moves in influential circuits I have just had it confirmed from someone in his circle that in this instance there is no validity in this rumour.

Perhaps the new bid caters for both short, medium and long-term timescales ;)

It is a bit of a race though and still some hoops to be jumped through.

But I am optimistic and I am hoping that what I have heard comes to fruition - which like Foxstone suggested, is unusual for me!!

But how do you compare their bid, to the one thats already in!!! ;)

And again there's no certainty that Fry will accept their bid as the best one for his creditors! Is there!!!!!!!!

Edited by SOTONS EAST SIDE

But how do you compare their bid, to the one thats already in!!! ;)

And again there's no certainty that Fry will accept their bid as the best one for his creditors! Is there!!!!!!!!

No, there isn't. I dont know much about the tabled bid, but you are right, its MF's decision based on what the creditors are asking and what they are willing to accept. It would be very upsetting for us fans if the best deal for the creditors was accepted against the best deal for the club and fans - harsh reality of the situation Lowe has got us into I suppose.

I just know there is a lot energy and vision involved with the bid in the works, I hope enough to trump the former bid which I don't think has the Club's best interests at heart.

If it's any consolation to those worrying about the time scale, Nigel Pearson wasn't appointed at Leicester till June the 20th last year. He had one almightly job to face and I think we all agree did an incredible one too....

Good point. Although did he have as many players out of contract/loan I wonder?

I appreciate the optimism being shown by certain persons but only hope that old karma isn't lying in wait to equal old scores for some people. "What goes around comes around" and a big number of Saints supporters have a lot of karmatic debt to pay. We get the club and direction we deserve. I like to think we deserve at last a little bit of luck after all that's transpired.

Ahh the football karma. Surely administration is like the fourth state of conciousness where our actions do not accumulate karma? And anyway won't we have paid our karma debt by the time we hit League 1? I mean an FA cup final and European football to technically not existing at the moment - that's some pay back.