MLT on SSN confirmation of Consortium involvment

Griffo

Well Im not going to say who it is, but from the diggin I have done, yes they have money, yes they have prominent commercial experience so I would hope they are capable of helping us "kick on". The question of I would be happy, well Id be happy with anyone at the moment. But saying that it will be down to Fry to make the choice of the options avaiable and not the fans. But Im hoping the fact that MLT is on board is a good sign.
I appreciate you don't want to reveal who it is but can you give us an idea of their wealth? Are we talking £500M? Edited by Delmary
typo

If is true that MLT is involved with a bid anyone think that as in biblical times THE FATHER Sir Ted has sent a favourite SON MLT/GOD to save us

or was that ostlund as jesus?

But if MLT does get money men will we finally retire the no.7 shirt as it hast had a True Saint inside it since the great man

what does the thread title mean, he was on SSN confirming he was involved!!! Im confused!?!?!?

Sky Sports News reported that MLT had confirmed he was involved with them. That's all :)

I'm hoping for an announcement this coming week, now that football matters are done and dusted so no risk of disruption.

We need a really good pre-season, which means getting contracts, transfers in and out, a new manager and other such nice stuff sorted ASAP. We can only do this with a new board in place.

I fear if this drags on too long all the above will eat into pre-season and the manager will not have enough time to assemble a squad and get them comfortable and used to each other. We have seen the affect this can have many times in the past, with Lowe not wanting to spend that extra months wages to get a player in early.

If MLT ends up on the board & this consortium has money - where does that take us with a potential new manager?

It's no secret MLT is still mates with Shearer & Dowie

If Newcastle go down, you'd have to fancy Dowie's chances of getting the job

If MLT ends up on the board & this consortium has money - where does that take us with a potential new manager?

Would not be a bad shout for league 1 also a certain Mr Wise might be in the frame.

Rumour I heard a while back was that 1 of the parties interested in us had Shearer lined up to manage us next season should they take over. I heard this before Shearer got the toon job and figureed it was just a rehash of previous rumours. Shearer's contract is only till the end of this season so I suppose its still a possability.

Will wait and see what happens before i get excited or hacked off about any of the many rumours though.

I wouldn't be keen on Dowie as i don't rate him as a manager.

Paul Tisdale is the man for the job....

Yes.I believe this was decreed from on high.

Had that lazy bastard Moses brought an eleventh tablet of stone down it would have said so.

The twelth would have said "f^ck off Rupert, you beetroot cheeked spastic".

This is the word of The Lord.

Edited by Badger

Yes.I believe this was decreed from on high.

Had that lazy bastard Moses brought an eleventh tablet of stone down it would have said so.

The twelth would have said "f^ck off Rupert, you beetroot cheeked spastic".

This is the word of The Lord.

Funniest. Post. Ever...

Rumour I heard a while back was that 1 of the parties interested in us had Shearer lined up to manage us next season should they take over. I heard this before Shearer got the toon job and figureed it was just a rehash of previous rumours. Shearer's contract is only till the end of this season so I suppose its still a possability.

Will wait and see what happens before i get excited or hacked off about any of the many rumours though.

Shearer's doing a great job at toon isn't he,with Dowie helping him it would seem.

Need a serious candidate, no more amateurs please.

Shearer's doing a great job at toon isn't he,with Dowie helping him it would seem.

Need a serious candidate, no more amateurs please.

Yep agreed, you have to work with the players you have..21 used in 5 games and going by yesterday they are rubbish.

Ok Liverpool were awesome but my daughters team defend better than Newcastle.

You organise and build from the back, get people attacking the ball but they do neither. A good manager would have that as first priority. One shot in the whole game..off target.

Boothroyd, Cotterill or Pardew for me all experienced and no point in wasting money in compensation to other clubs managers.

new manager must be someone with experience of league 1 plus must have an eye for a non league player, whoever takes over, imo, is not going to have lots of surplus cash to invest in players.

we should forget the names and look at the Tisdales and Knill's of this world

new manager must be someone with experience of league 1 plus must have an eye for a non league player, whoever takes over, imo, is not going to have lots of surplus cash to invest in players.

we should forget the names and look at the Tisdales and Knill's of this world

I still rate Cotterill, he'd do for me.

for those that missed it in threads;

SSN broke that MLT involved in consortium and would have place on board.

Solent tried to get him on radio but he presonally texted saying it was true, but was busy with family and would say more next week.

for those that missed it in threads;

SSN broke that MLT involved in consortium and would have place on board.

Solent tried to get him on radio but he presonally texted saying it was true, but was busy with family and would say more next week.

This consortium must be close to going public.

Looking good for a deal to be done.

Good news but I would prefer some confirmation that this is not related to the Fulthorpe fiasco. Fulthorpe is apparently a property barrister and I get nervous when things like property developer/magnate/entrepreneur are mentioned anyway!!!

only problem is, we don't know if that bid is going to be successful! Lets hope for a quick resolution!!! I say it every year, but we should be planning for next season now!! sort the manager out, players that are staying, new blood in, and start bloody bonding as soon as poss! This really could be the fresh dawn we have all been waiting for!!

if this consortium does go through, does that mean his work with Sky will end?

Why should he? Gary Lineker led a consortium that invested in Leicester, also his spiritual home, saving it from bankruptcy, and was appointed honorary vice-president. He's still going from strength to strength on TV.

Why should he? Gary Lineker led a consortium that invested in Leicester, also his spiritual home, saving it from bankruptcy, and was appointed honorary vice-president. He's still going from strength to strength on TV.

And he flogs crisps to boot.

Good news but I would prefer some confirmation that this is not related to the Fulthorpe fiasco. Fulthorpe is apparently a property barrister and I get nervous when things like property developer/magnate/entrepreneur are mentioned anyway!!!

Its not.... I've taken the bull by the horns and phoned Pinnacles director. He wouldnt/couldnt confirm the clients but did confirm he was engaged in talks on behalf of 2 clients who want to buy the club. I asked about fulthorp and he said he didnt even know who that was :)

Its not.... I've taken the bull by the horns and phoned Pinnacles director. He wouldnt/couldnt confirm the clients but did confirm he was engaged in talks on behalf of 2 clients who want to buy the club. I asked about fulthorp and he said he didnt even know who that was :)

Thought you were the Pinnacle Director?

which is it - a week or 7 days? He surely must know!

Fry can't force them to sign on the dotted line if they are still bargaining. The date will be decided by external factors, and it is going to be a mighty close thing - whichever way it goes.